My name is LaTayia but I go by Tia. My fiance and I were recently engaged on May 22nd. We are extremely interested in a destination wedding and have decided to have it in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. We took our first international trip together there and thought it would be really nice to go back to where we started. Currently I am interested in having it at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen because that is where we stayed our first trip and since we have young children coming I felt it would be the best option since there is an adults only and a family side.
After looking at the website the tailor made option seems to be the best fit for us. We plan to get married June 2, 2018 so I know it's a little early to actually book everything but I would definitely love any advice you all are able to offer. There will be about 40 or so people in attendance.
I have a few questions that hopefully someone may be able to address:
1) When it comes to booking the resort for a wedding, do you have to pay a down payment or do you pay in full?
2) How does making room reservations work? Each couple that will be coming will be paying for their own rooms so do we just tell the hotel how many rooms we will need and then the block them out? Or do my fiance and I have to make a payment to reserve the rooms?
3) If in the event that it rains, where do they have the ceremonies?
4) Is there anything that we are not permitted to bring to the resort? Such as a unity candle or remembrance candles for loved ones who are no longer with us? A related question is, has anyone packed the knives to cut the cake with in their luggage?
5) Can anyone offer any information about how much each package costs? I know I can call the resort and ask but I am curious to know the range in which others have paid.
6) Does the DJ that is recommended by the resort play all types of music/can you request him to play certain songs?
7) For those who have had their hair and makeup done at the spa, how did you like it? Do they specialize in all hair types and complexions?
8) If anyone could give their experiences on the ease or trouble they went through when planning their wedding at this resort went that would be great!
I know I have asked a lot of questions here but I am just really excited! lol
Thank you in advance for all of your help