Photo

Anyone have info. on Grand Sirenis....

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 nylalany

nylalany
  • 625 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:04 PM

Melissa Radolli, Please post a review of the wedding, food, facilities, and beach at Grand Sirenis when you return. Thanks!!

#12 MissyR

MissyR
    • 1,210 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:19 PM

Absolutely! I will post tons of pics and a detailed review when I return - if you think of anything between now and then that you would like me to ask their WC let me know! This board has been awesome for information so I am happy to return the favour.. we were actually considering it but can't do the same resort as our friends..

#13 nylalany

nylalany
      • 625 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:21 PM

Melissa - that is funny that you and your friends are both getting married down there! Kinda nice for you to get a preview of what a wedding in RM is like! What resorts are you considering?
        I wrote to the WC but she has yet to send me menus or pricing if I want the reception on the beach, nor did she tell me anything about if I'd have to rent a dance floor for a beach reception. I also wanted to know if I could have a different ceremony location b/c I didn't love the one in the photo she provided but she didn't respond to my two emails I sent. I am considering a site visit on my quick 3 day trip down there but haven't decided if I'll actually stay there one of the nights or not. I won't be there for your friend's wedding though, I'm going slightly afterwards, so I won't get to witness from afar what a wedding there is like.
        Do you have any idea of how many weddings per day they have at the resort? Maybe you friend would know?

#14 MissyR

MissyR
        • 1,210 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:14 PM

I hear ya on the communications front! My friend (who is sooo laid back sometimes you have to check for a pulse) even commented that the communication was super slow with the coordinator. I know that they are having a beach ceremony - then they have one of the a la cartes for dinner and then I believe they rented out the beach bar (sorry not sure of the name!) for the rest of the night... Frankly I don't even think she really knows b/c she is completely hands off so I will make sure and take a ton of pics!

#15 Varia

Varia
          • 119 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:23 PM

Hi ladies,

I am going to Grand Sirenis next week (Nov 25-Dec 2). I will be shooting the wedding on Nov 30th and we are also doing "Trash The Dress" session next day after the wedding. I will post the link to my pictures when I return, so you can get an idea of the area/resort.

Melissa Radolli, I noticed you are from Toronto too. What day is your friend's wedding? Are you going to Osi and Juan's wedding at the Grand Sirenis :)

Varia
            Toronto Photographer | Destination wedding photography, trash the dress and fashion
            Varia Studio

#16 MissyR

MissyR
            • 1,210 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:22 PM

Small world! We are not going for that wedding but our friends Tyler and Suzanne - their wedding is on the Wednesday (November 2 - We will likely run into each other!

#17 Varia

Varia
              • 119 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:52 PM

Melissa, it is definitely a small world!

My friends are flying on Nov 24th to Grand Sirenis from Toronto (departure time is 16:30 pm Air Transat). They decided to join me last minute for my 25th birthday on Nov 25th

We will for sure run into each other

If your friends are interested in some photography - I am there

Varia
                Toronto Photographer | Destination wedding photography, trash the dress and fashion

#18 nylalany

nylalany
                • 625 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:56 AM

I'll be there with my mom on Nov 26th for the night. Maybe I'll find you guys somehow...and hopefully I'll find the WC who doesn't write back :).

#19 MissyR

MissyR
                  • 1,210 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:57 PM

Wow. We fly out of Toronto on the 24th as well (but at 6:10 in the morning!)
                    We will certainly need to find each other while we are there!

Can you pm me your price list Varia? My friends weren't planning on hiring a photog - just going to wing it - but if you are already there it may be tempting!

Thanks!

#20 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
                    • 794 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:40 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by VariaStudio
                      Hi ladies,

I am going to Grand Sirenis next week (Nov 25-Dec 2). I will be shooting the wedding on Nov 30th and we are also doing "Trash The Dress" session next day after the wedding. I will post the link to my pictures when I return, so you can get an idea of the area/resort.

Melissa Radolli, I noticed you are from Toronto too. What day is your friend's wedding? Are you going to Osi and Juan's wedding at the Grand Sirenis :)

Varia
                      Varia Studio
                      Cecila the WC said I couldn't have an outside photographer come in Maybe I should just act as if it is a guest at my wedding needing a day pass but really it will be my photographer :)
                      Do you think that will work
                      Here is the email Cecilia sent me:

Dear Monica:

Regarding your question its not possible to have an outside photographer since we have a concession photography which is in charge of these events exclusively
                      HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
                      http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users