3 replies to this topic

#1 JRodz

JRodz
  • 50 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Hyatt Ziva Cancun
  • LocationJersey Girl in Orlando, FL

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:37 AM

Having a hard time trying to figure out our budget for decorations. I don't mean tables more like decorations for the ceremony and reception area. Can someone tell me realistically what I should expect to pay? Having a hard time w/ some of these quotes! What were your costs for decor? 

#2 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
  • 603 posts
    • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:06 PM

Having a hard time trying to figure out our budget for decorations. I don't mean tables more like decorations for the ceremony and reception area. Can someone tell me realistically what I should expect to pay? Having a hard time w/ some of these quotes! What were your costs for decor? 

@JRodz@JRodz I advice that you create your pin board with some of your inspirations and forward you to your resort coordinator to have a better sense on costs.  One thing for sure. please make sure you use local flowers plus flowers that are in season to avoid higher costs.

Happy Planning

Joyce

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
    weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
    http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
    Joyce

#3 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

@JRodz  Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

There are always tons of questions here about decor and so many brides do so many different things. DIY is quite popular with many of the ladies.  I agree with Joyce in that you need to decide what you want, for starters. Then get in touch with your coordinator and see what they quote you for the decor on their end. Then just go nuts on the internet and figure out what you can buy ahead of time and take with you. Many of the brides to be on the site, if they aren't choosing a specific decor package with their resort, will put their own ideas together and buy their tablecloths/napkins etc. before they leave. I've seen brides buy plate chargers as well and take them along. Think about how many tables you'll have, so how many centerpieces. Then think about what you actually want for centerpieces. Then I would strongly suggest you read through this site. There are soooooo many decor ideas that are just gorgeous! If you just key in decor in the search bar up top, you'll get a ton of threads well worth reading through.

Good luck and happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 RitvikSehgal

RitvikSehgal
    • 70 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:08 PM

It depends upon the city, destination you choose for wedding. It will be more good if you will take help from the Event Management Company because they have experience of decorating various locations with suitable themes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users