• 2 weeks later...

So, I started thinking about airbrush make up and started looking at MUA in the Montego Bay area. I can swallow their travel costs, etc. I just don't know how to justify spending an additional $500 for the vendor fee. I was really hoping that the day pass would be sufficient. I know this was asked a few days ago, but I was wondering if anyone had any updates on that issue? I was told by my travel agent that Julianne from the resort should have reached out to me already, but I haven't heard anything from her yet. In case no one knows the answer for sure I will let you know once I get in touch with someone from the resort! 

So, I started thinking about airbrush make up and started looking at MUA in the Montego Bay area. I can swallow their travel costs, etc. I just don't know how to justify spending an additional $500 for the vendor fee. I was really hoping that the day pass would be sufficient. I know this was asked a few days ago, but I was wondering if anyone had any updates on that issue? I was told by my travel agent that Julianne from the resort should have reached out to me already, but I haven't heard anything from her yet. In case no one knows the answer for sure I will let you know once I get in touch with someone from the resort!

I would reach out to Julianne since you haven't heard from her yet. But as far as I know, there's no way around the fee. You could see if they would be willing to waive it since you're looking for something that they don't offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@@Harrisc15 --- I'm trying to find a way around the fee myself. I agree that the $500 vendor fee is a bit high. I even thought about possibly booking one night (night before my wedding) for a makeup artist because it would be less than the $500. However my coordinator said that the minimum stay required is 3 nights to book a stay at the resort

Thanks for the responses @@babijol and @@tiffanyt! I am hoping that since they don't offer the service they will be flexible with the vendor fee, I am willing to pay the $100 day pass but not anything more. It doesn't make it worth it then. I can understand a photographer or DJ, but for a lady to come and do make up for a few hours is just insane to charge that. Plus the travel expense for the MUA on top of it. Woof. Ok if I hear anything different I will be sure to let you guys know! Happy Friday :) 

Hi ladies! So I was in touch with Blushing Brides over the weekend getting quotes for make up, etc. They are a little bit on the more expensive side, but she did give me a great tip. She said that to get around the vendor fee, go to the front desk the day before the wedding and purchase a day pass. You can tell the front desk it is for a bridesmaid who is in the wedding party but staying at a different resort. You will need to give a first and last name. If you tell them that they are a wedding guest then the time restriction normally associated with the day pass is removed. She said she has done this so many times before and it works out great and avoids the $500 vendor fee. 

Just wanted to let you guys know!

• Like 1