Photo

Do I Need A Save The Date?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RoxRoy2015

RoxRoy2015
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:09 AM

Hey everyone, I'm in need of some advise.

My wedding is not until April 2017 but I already have my venue booked...therefore I have the location, date and time. The dinner is buffet style, so there are no menu options to pick from. I'm just wondering, if I have all of this info, should I just do the invite and call it a day? Is it too soon to send the invite? I'd just like to avoid extra money on another item (STDs) if I don;t have to.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

#2 Endreece

Endreece
    • 17 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 9, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
    • LocationTexas

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:26 PM

Electronic save the dates may be a good option for you. I used greenvelope.com and it was really reasonable. They have cute design choices and we were able to add our logo and even a song.

#3 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
    • 667 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
    • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:04 PM

@RoxRoy2015 I would skip save the dates, that's what I did. We had all of our info within a month of being engaged. Since our deposit deadline was pretty soon after we booked we just sent out electronic invites through paperless post and to be honest I think our guest appreciated the early notice and all the info. 

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#4 RoxRoy2015

RoxRoy2015
    • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:20 PM

Perfect! That's for the advise. I'll look into greenenvelop.com

#5 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
      • 603 posts
        • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:31 PM

@RoxRoy2015 This is what I love about destination weddings, there simply no traditions required. you definitely do not need the Save the date! go ahead and avoid the costs and go straight to invitations, just like the other ladies suggested.

Happy Planning!

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
        weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
        http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
        Joyce

#6 RoxRoy2015

RoxRoy2015
        • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

Thanks again everyone. I was able to find a save the date on greenenvelop.com that matched my website perfectly and how cool that you can link right to the site!

#7 sashloz

sashloz
          • 21 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 7, 2017
          • Wedding Location:Royalton Riviera Cancun
          • LocationNJ

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:47 AM

I am considering doing a Save the Date/wedding invite all together with loads of information. We plan on keeping to wedding pretty small so sending out Save the Dates and having everyone book their hotel and flights early and then sending out formal invites a few months prior to the wedding just doesn't make sense to me LOL! Plus it will cut costs and ensure everyone who is definitely coming to get their deposit down on the hotel early so my fiance and I can budget accordingly. 

#8 arjit

arjit
          • 20 posts
            • LocationChhattisgarh

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:45 PM

I think it will be too soon for invitation as your wedding is on next year. For wedding invitations use electronic wedding card which are cheaper and good and highly preferred these days as it saves time and money. Social media can play a best role in this.

home-email-invitaiton-3eff479aaa095a454d

http://www.bharatkirayabhandar.com/

#9 AdamnJenn17

AdamnJenn17
            • 161 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:50 AM

I have never heard of greenvelops before - that seems like a super neat idea :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users