Hi @@ljgray1989 and @@laureen212

If you do look into an outside vendor for hair and makeup, just note we are about 45-50 minutes south of The Royalton. Driving or getting to us would definitely help you avoid the big outside vendor fee which is generally hard to get around. If interested in coming to us, we could help you get a shared ride down or you preferred manner of transport to help your group get beautified! Just contact us directly at one of the contact points below because of course we'd love to give you the look you want on your wedding day!

Also note, we specialize in HD airbrush makeup which is ideal and simply a must for tropical climates like the Riviera Maya. Here is more info on airbrush makeup for you -->http://www.bestdesti...-a-tropic-r2326  as well some photos of our HD airbrushed brides below.

Hope to hear from you and be a part of your big day! Enjoy your wedding planning! 

Styling Trio striking eyes

Makeup and Hair by Styling Trio

Styling Trio makeup

Helen

Airbrushed makeup

Chandni

Here's a full breakdown of what we're doing for ours:

Ceremony - Beach

Bamboo Wood Chuppah w/ fabric - $300

Flower arrangements with white lilies, orchids and dendrobium - $180 x 2

Hanging chandelier - $210

Lanterns lining the walkway - $18 x 8

Tiffany chair upgrade 12.60x40

Bouquet w/ tropical lilies - $147

2 bridesmaid bouquets - $110 x 2

Wrist corsages for mothers - $35 x 2

Reception - Nautica Beach Bar

Navy Napkins - 40 x $5.04

Gold Chargers - 40 x $6.30

Local Flower centrepieces in glass vases - $110 x 5

Moving fee for gold Tiffany Chairs - $5 x 40

Dinner - 3 courses w/ Filet Mignon Beef - $36 x 40

Cake Stand - $30

1 tier cake - Included

1 additional hour of open bar - $9 x 40

DJ with mixer - $315 x 4

Pillar Candles - $9 x 30

Moments that Matter Photography Gold Package (includes $850 vendor fee) for 6 Hours - $4100

Wedding Hair & Makeup - $185 x 2 

They're letting you have a rehearsal dinner for the semi-private dinner?? That's amazing!!! I want to look into this... 

Are you getting pricing from your Royalton Planner? I have Randi and while she's great and answers all my emails same day, she told me she can't give me ANY pricing for decor/florals/add ons for May until January rolls around! Grrrrr

I'm using my semi private dinner for a post wedding brunch instead :) We are renting a private catamaran for the day before the wedding and I'll probably have around 30 ppl TOPS at the wedding so I don't feel pressured for a rehearsal dinner and like the idea of brunch. 

Planning on bringing a few boxes of string lights from home. I've heard its about $150-200 per string to rent which is soooo not happening. I asked if I could bring my own and they said I totally can and would just have to pay a small set up fee. Target has 20 feet long lights for $12 a box so I'm waiting for Randi to send me the dimensions of the beach bar to find out how many boxes to buy! She also sent me dimensions to all the table shapes and sizes. I think I want to go with rectangular tables for the reception and long greenery garlands with tealight candles spread throughout for our 'centerpieces'. 

I think I'm going with faux flowers for the wedding/reception. It kills me a little inside but most of the flowers I have my heart set on (peonies, ranunculus, eucalyptus - I love that lots of greenery and fluffy white flower boho look) aren't easily available in the area. I've found alot of sellers of real touch flowers on Etsy but some of the prices are even more expensive than fresh florals.... I'm still back and forth with it. 

We hired Kape Photography for our photos! The contracted photographer was soooo not our style. She is charging us $2400 for 8 hours. Then there's the outside vendor fee... She says there is ways around it or we can negotiate it down with the hotel (she has shot at the Royalton before) but I'm a total chicken about having her just show up at the wedding with a day pass and hope no one says anything  :D I think we will just pay for her room for 3 nights under our room block. It works out cheaper than the $850 vendor fee. Hoping to negotiate it down to 2 nights though lol. BUT last week we took engagement photos with Hideki of Button Up photography in NYC!! He held a contest on his IG for a free shoot while he was in NYC and I happened to win. We considered him for the wedding as well but he was alittle pricier and him and Kape Photography had very similar styles so we went with the cheaper obviously (He charges around $3500 for 8 hours, still not bad). If anyone is looking for a photographer I'd highly recommend him! The sneak peaks of our pictures have been gorgeous so far and he was the sweetest guy ever. Even my fiance said he wishes he could go back and higher him for the wedding. But I'm super happy with Karla's work as well and know she'll do an awesome job for the wedding! Glad we're able to work with both photographer's we liked  :)

Are you getting pricing from your Royalton Planner? I have Randi and while she's great and answers all my emails same day, she told me she can't give me ANY pricing for decor/florals/add ons for May until January rolls around! Grrrrr

I'm using my semi private dinner for a post wedding brunch instead :) We are renting a private catamaran for the day before the wedding and I'll probably have around 30 ppl TOPS at the wedding so I don't feel pressured for a rehearsal dinner and like the idea of brunch. 

Planning on bringing a few boxes of string lights from home. I've heard its about $150-200 per string to rent which is soooo not happening. I asked if I could bring my own and they said I totally can and would just have to pay a small set up fee. Target has 20 feet long lights for $12 a box so I'm waiting for Randi to send me the dimensions of the beach bar to find out how many boxes to buy! She also sent me dimensions to all the table shapes and sizes. I think I want to go with rectangular tables for the reception and long greenery garlands with tealight candles spread throughout for our 'centerpieces'. 

I think I'm going with faux flowers for the wedding/reception. It kills me a little inside but most of the flowers I have my heart set on (peonies, ranunculus, eucalyptus - I love that lots of greenery and fluffy white flower boho look) aren't easily available in the area. I've found alot of sellers of real touch flowers on Etsy but some of the prices are even more expensive than fresh florals.... I'm still back and forth with it. 

We hired Kape Photography for our photos! The contracted photographer was soooo not our style. She is charging us $2400 for 8 hours. Then there's the outside vendor fee... She says there is ways around it or we can negotiate it down with the hotel (she has shot at the Royalton before) but I'm a total chicken about having her just show up at the wedding with a day pass and hope no one says anything  :D I think we will just pay for her room for 3 nights under our room block. It works out cheaper than the $850 vendor fee. Hoping to negotiate it down to 2 nights though lol. BUT last week we took engagement photos with Hideki of Button Up photography in NYC!! He held a contest on his IG for a free shoot while he was in NYC and I happened to win. We considered him for the wedding as well but he was alittle pricier and him and Kape Photography had very similar styles so we went with the cheaper obviously (He charges around $3500 for 8 hours, still not bad). If anyone is looking for a photographer I'd highly recommend him! The sneak peaks of our pictures have been gorgeous so far and he was the sweetest guy ever. Even my fiance said he wishes he could go back and higher him for the wedding. But I'm super happy with Karla's work as well and know she'll do an awesome job for the wedding! Glad we're able to work with both photographer's we liked  :)

I'm getting prices from my planner because my wedding is in January so we're 4months away.

Thank you for the string light idea. I'm not sure why I didn't think of bringing my own. I wonder what the set up fee is.

We wanted to include all of our guests for the rehearsal dinner but I was told the max. For semi-private dinner is 45. So we're just gonna do a welcome drink at the main bar. This of course is something we're just throwing together and having everyone meet us at the bar. I'm planning on giving out hang over kits and day of itinerary cards.

Lucky for winning that free photo shoot!

I love that we're exchanging ideas!

• Like 1

I'm getting prices from my planner because my wedding is in January so we're 4months away.

Thank you for the string light idea. I'm not sure why I didn't think of bringing my own. I wonder what the set up fee is.

We wanted to include all of our guests for the rehearsal dinner but I was told the max. For semi-private dinner is 45. So we're just gonna do a welcome drink at the main bar. This of course is something we're just throwing together and having everyone meet us at the bar. I'm planning on giving out hang over kits and day of itinerary cards.

Lucky for winning that free photo shoot!

I love that we're exchanging ideas!

Yes me too! Getting me in wedding mode! Your wedding is so soon, must be so exciting. 

I asked how much the set up would be for the lights as well, they said they would have to 'decide when we get there' but I doubt it'll be very pricey. Heck my parents even said they would hop on some ladders and set it up themselves lol! Doubt we can do that but we are just total DIY-ers.

I'm thinking the day everyone arrives I'm just telling them to meet at one of the bars for a drink together as well, keeping it low key. I want to do a welcome bag as well. Etsy has some really cute affordable ones. I have some that have been sitting in my cart forever by the shop becollective

We are in the process of planning too. Just wondering what are the dimensions of the tables. Thanks.

Yes me too! Getting me in wedding mode! Your wedding is so soon, must be so exciting. 

I asked how much the set up would be for the lights as well, they said they would have to 'decide when we get there' but I doubt it'll be very pricey. Heck my parents even said they would hop on some ladders and set it up themselves lol! Doubt we can do that but we are just total DIY-ers.

I'm thinking the day everyone arrives I'm just telling them to meet at one of the bars for a drink together as well, keeping it low key. I want to do a welcome bag as well. Etsy has some really cute affordable ones. I have some that have been sitting in my cart forever by the shop becollective

That's funny, I have about 50 different hangover bags in my cart from EverlongEvents. I want to purchase them but I want to wait until I know the exact number of guests because the shipping is $10. So I only want to do a one time purchase! I also have a couple other items in my cart besides the bags.

My planner told me I can avoid the set up fee if someone from my group sets up the items I bring for the reception. From what i remember during my sight tour, the Nautica bar doesn't close to the hotel guests until 5pm. That means set will most likely take place during my ceremony/cocktail hour and I don't want to bother anyone with setting up my decor during that time. I think I just might send over some of my bridesmaids to make sure everything is in order since I will have a break from 6:30pm-7pm, cocktail hour end to reception start time.

Im working with a destination wedding planning company who has priced out all of the different decor/flower pricing for me :) strange that they won't give you prices in advance!

Bringing string lights is genius to save money ;) we're doing pillar candles for a more romantic ambiance!

Great pricing on your photographer!!

Looks like you're getting married two days before me. Might have to take a peak at your setup hehe.

I'm opting for round tables with the head table facing the water so I can see the ocean and sunset during dinner :)

How many people are you expecting?

We've now decided on the semi private dinner as a rehearsal and it's going ahead as planned. Which is exciting!! I want the day after the wedding to be a day for me and the hubby to be to relax together with the breakfast in bed that's included!!

If you see me at the resort say hi!!! Or on my wedding day haha. tminus 232 days

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this forum! I am getting married at RRC on November 12, 2016! Just a few short weeks away! I wanted to give you girls some insight into my planning process:

We have 76 guest attending our wedding so we opted for the "free" wedding package and decided to add on from there. We chose to do the symbolic ceremony on the beach ( NOT DOING BLOODWORK!!! ) with a beach cocktail party and a beach reception. We opted for the "family style" dinner and I asked my wedding coordinator Sofia if I could mix and match between the traditional and Mexican menu options, which was  not an issue, that option was $49pp which includes 3 hours of open bar.  From there any additional fees came with whatever we wanted to add on, for example; dance floor, DJ, candles, flowers, photographer, videographer, lounge area...etc. To be honest, I feel like the vendors are a little expensive, especially when you don't get to choose who they are. The hotel also charges for extra's such as lighting ($150 per strand of 20 lightbulbs) we couldn't bring ourselves to do it! We are not cheap people, but $300 to create an X over the dance floor is just insane!

I am looking forward to writing how my experience was once we return home! If anyone has any other planning questions please feel free to write me back!

Best wishes & happy planning ladies!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

Hope all is well!  Planning to book my wedding at the Royalton Riviera Cancun for January 2018!   Me and my partner (Logan) have been together for about 8 years and looking forward to finally tie the knot.   We are looking to have about 30-40 guests.    We are thinking of having the Sky Terrace and cocktail hour in early afternoon and then having the reception dinner on the Beach around 7pm.   Just in the process of confirming the flight/hotel and will go from there. 

Looks forward to talking and hearing from you all.

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by crazycarl
  • Like 1