2017 Brides Budgeting Cancun Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 karinaL

karinaL
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:24 AM

Hello Everyone! 

We finally decided on doing a destination wedding. There are sooo many hotels to choose from in Mexico. What do  you  guys recommend? Around 50-60 people would like private ceremony not on the sand preferably, budget friendly. Thank you  for everyone's advice in advance!

#2 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
    • 607 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
    • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:42 AM

We are all a little bit bias towards our own resorts I think.

We chose Azul Fives in Riviera Maya because of the Sky Deck. We also did not want a beach wedding and as soon as I saw these photos we fell in love. The Sky Deck costs $1800 to rent for the reception and then another $15 per plate on top of the food you select. For this view, we felt it was worth it.

The resort itself isn't cheap but if you are flexible with which month you get married, you can get affordable rates. The Sky Deck itself holds 200 people so you will be able to fit your party no problem.

Attached File  image.jpg   75.09KB   18 downloads
    Attached File  image.jpg   95.78KB   15 downloads

#3 karinaL

karinaL
    • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:11 AM

@ashhtayy thanks doll!! i looked at that resort also  its goreous but I am trying to be budget friendly for guests as well.. I love that sky rooftop but I thought its going to  be too windy and stuff idk maybe I am being too picky.. so besides paying for the package you  had to pay per plate and per additional guest(i am assuming they have the standard 20-40) you had to pay $1800 + $5 plate? 

#4 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
      • 603 posts
        • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:15 AM

Hello Everyone! 

We finally decided on doing a destination wedding. There are sooo many hotels to choose from in Mexico. What do  you  guys recommend? Around 50-60 people would like private ceremony not on the sand preferably, budget friendly. Thank you  for everyone's advice in advance!

@karinaL have you looked at Barcelo and Paradisus playa delcarmen?  Are you working with a Travel Agent?

Also check out the video with some tips.  

Happy Planning!

Joyce

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
        weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
        http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
        Joyce

#5 karinaL

karinaL
        • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:19 PM

hi Joyce, yes I have a TA, I am looking at Barcelo now and a few grand palladium

#6 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
          • 603 posts
            • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:22 PM

Awesome keep us posted on what you decide on.

I have a few brides at Barcelo, and in case you end up with this resort. I thought their Mint breeze package was reasonable.

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
            weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
            http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
            Joyce

#7 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
            • 607 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:24 PM

@ashhtayy thanks doll!! i looked at that resort also  its goreous but I am trying to be budget friendly for guests as well.. I love that sky rooftop but I thought its going to  be too windy and stuff idk maybe I am being too picky.. so besides paying for the package you  had to pay per plate and per additional guest(i am assuming they have the standard 20-40) you had to pay $1800 + $5 plate?

@karinaL Being budget friendly to our guests was a top priority as well. We are in Canada and our guests from Ontario are paying $1560 and the others from BC are paying $1730 for 7-nights. Our guests were very happy with their prices.

At our resort we pay for all of the food. We are paying $36 per plate which includes 4 hours of open bar and then another $15 on top of the $36 because the dinner is served on the Sky Deck. There are cheaper options for dinner (and more expensive!) and to avoid the extra $15pp you could have dinner anywhere other than the pier or the Sky Deck.

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:13 PM

welcome Karina! Mexico has so many great locations and resorts. We like to help narrow down choices by figuring out your wants, price points, etc.

If you would like to use the link in my siggy, I can find an agent to help you.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 karinaL

karinaL
            • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:47 PM

@ashhtay where can i see what other places they offer for reception. I want indoor private

#10 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
              • 607 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:16 PM

@karinaL I think they just have the ballroom. I haven't seen pictures myself.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2017 Brides, Budgeting, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users