Shower Invite Wording Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jens1230

• 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:54 AM

So I'm new at this. I am the MOH for my Sister's DW. Throwing a shower and inviting close family & friends who aren't invited to the DW but will be invited to the AHR. I know what etiquette says, but I know our family will want to be included in the pre-wedding celebration, have even talked to some who said they would be offended if they weren't invited to the shower.

What I'm looking for is help on the invite wording. How do I explain that it's a DW but also mention that they will be included in the AHR later? Anyone have examples to share? Thanks.

#2 MarieSamSanchezPhoto

• Moderators
    • 121 posts
      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:03 PM

Maybe you can say something along the lines of ...

"Please join us in celebrating _________ (couple's names) before they tie the knot in ______ (destination location) on ______ (date).

We look forward to also having you join us for their at-home reception on ______ (date) when they return from their destination wedding" 

BLOG: www.mariesamsanchez.com/blog
      CONTACT ME: mariesam.sanchez@gmail.com

#3 drmariner

• 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:47 PM

I second the comment above. What a tough situation. Such an awesome sister & MOH you are!

#4 acw271011

• Moderators
        • 3,123 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
        • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
        • LocationToronto Area

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:32 PM

@MarieSamSanchezPhoto  Well done!! I've been sitting here trying to figure out how to word it. I think you nailed it!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#5 arjit

• 20 posts
          • LocationChhattisgarh

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:48 PM

You can simply find it on internet or take help of any event planner guy, they knows much about these.http://www.bharatkirayabhandar.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users