Royalton Riviera Wedding - Feb. 2017...booked

Canadorecc

Hi Everyone,

It wasn't easy and it took lots of time to finally decide on a resort.  I would of never thought it would take this long to narrow down a resort, but there is so much to consider.  We had narrowed down the resorts to: Hard Rock Riviera, Moon Palace, Now Sapphire and Royalton Riviera.

Okay, it wasn't the fault of my finance to take long on making a decision - It was me lol.  She stated it was up to me, so I made sure I did my due diligence.  I've read a number materials to make a decision such as: promotions, catalogs, tripadvisor and company website.

So, Today, we have finally made our wedding reservation and confirmed our wedding date for February 2017 at the Royalton Riviera Cancun.

We found that the resort meets most our needs and expectations.  There is a variety of food, lots to do and great area for kids. 

Everything seems to be underway, we are just waiting for our wedding invitations that we just ordered lastnight.  We got our invitations made through vistaprint and hopefully they turn out great.  We had to jump on the invitations as they were half price.  The invitations only cost us about $115 for 250 including taxes and shipping.  

If anyone has details, photos or wedding experiences with Royalton Riviera, Please share. 

• Like 1

My wedding is booked for January 2017. My fiancé and took advantage of their bridal promotion so we're going for 4 days in May. We have a tour and menu tasting scheduled. I CANNOT WAIT! I Check trip advisor daily for pics and reviews. I also have been checking to see if the hotel rates change because we have not booked a block of rooms yet. I found a wedding photographer who shot a wedding there. The website is below.

https://www.adrianbonetphotography.net/wedding-royalton-riviera-cancun-1/

• Like 2

If you do a search on @@maybeoneday she had her wedding there last October and she provided a review in her planning thread. It's a gorgeous resort and she found the wedding coordinator good to work with.

Happy planning!

• Like 1

Great choice @@Canadorecc ! I'm having my wedding there this May and can't wait! I had my site visit in August and loved every aspect of the resort. The welcome monitor was the best b I've ever had and we had a tour and lunch with the one of the wedding planning managers, Daniela and had an amazing time. The food at the buffet offered so many options and was beyond delicious. Everything I retired was good and everything offered was fresh. I've been to a few other all-inclusives and the food here was no comparison. (I've stayed at NOW JADE, the sister property to Now Sapphire and there really is no comparison to Royalton.) I'm happy to share my experience with you if you'd like. Ask away. I did not take any photos during the site visit, sorry to say, but I have had other brides share their pictures with me. What areas have you chosen for the ceremony and the reception?

• Like 1

Congrats @@Laur114 .  Wish we of known about the bridal promotion.  We would of loved to do a site inspection so we could have a better idea of their menu.   We also haven't reserved a block of rooms yet as we are hoping for the price to drop.  I know sunwing is offering a promotion till Feb 29 so my finance and I have been debating whether to reserve the block of rooms or hold out and hopefully it goes down.  We haven't decided on what we are doing with Photos yet, whether to go with the resort photographer or friends.  Thanks for the info.

Thanks @@acw271011.  I have looked at trend and it has lots of information.

Thanks @@Rhonda3839 and Congrats!  We also considered the Jade and Sapphire but we didn't think it match the standard of the Royalton.  We have reserved the Chapel for the ceremony and the Sky Terrace for the reception.   Any help is greatly appreciated. 

@@Laur114 @@Rhonda3839.  How did you arrange to have a site visit and tour?

Congrats @@Laur114 .  Wish we of known about the bridal promotion.  We would of loved to do a site inspection so we could have a better idea of their menu.   We also haven't reserved a block of rooms yet as we are hoping for the price to drop.  I know sunwing is offering a promotion till Feb 29 so my finance and I have been debating whether to reserve the block of rooms or hold out and hopefully it goes down.  We haven't decided on what we are doing with Photos yet, whether to go with the resort photographer or friends.  Thanks for the info.

Thanks @@acw271011.  I have looked at trend and it has lots of information.

Thanks @@Rhonda3839 and Congrats!  We also considered the Jade and Sapphire but we didn't think it match the standard of the Royalton.  We have reserved the Chapel for the ceremony and the Sky Terrace for the reception.   Any help is greatly appreciated. 

@@Laur114 @@Rhonda3839.  How did you arrange to have a site visit and tour?

I emailed my wedding consultant, Christine, and asked her if there were any promotions. She emailed me a photo/flier of the promotion.

I attached a photo. Christine put me in touch with Daniela, the onsite wedding manager, to set up the bridal preview, tour and menu tastings.

post-286128-0-20052600-1457015771_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Congrats on choosing your wedding venue, Canadorecc - that's a big planning piece you can now check off as complete - well done on your careful due diligence that's sure to pay off royally :)

Wishing you all the best with the rest of your planning process, and the most enjoyable life journey ahead - so exciting!!!

Sending you off with further inspiration from these magical beach wedding moments that matter we've captured over the years...taken from our Riviera Maya Wedding Story Albums:

e89d55_aa60d2dda4374a94bbfc94db12d906bb.

e89d55_5cf3e026ce804fd097d215dd26a71777.

e89d55_5449adc0c0434eebb0a5b065322b69d2.

Cheers!!! Moments That Matter Photography team :)

• 2 months later...

Hi @@Canadorecc!

You are all set up with a great Resort, invitations and all that little details that your Wedding Coordinator is going to have under control for sure!

Congratulations for that :)

I just want to show you some of my wedding Photography work, i take care of every single detail at your Big Day so you can treasure it forever. Imagine all your wedding day: getting ready, the ceremony, the reception, some trash the dress, that part is so fun, because you can do it at the beach or taking an underwater session at a Riviera maya cenote.

Just enjoy some of my work. You can find more on  my web page or my fan page on Facebook. :)

Some Trash The Dress...

IMG_6349.jpg

IMG_6100.jpg

A wedding at The Riviera maya...

IMG_7983.jpg