General Q - How Much Time Between Wedding And Coordinating Mtg?

beachbeth

Here it is:

On the one hand, I would like to get the wedding over with relatively early on in our stay (Arrive Sat, Marry Tues., Leave Sat) so we can enjoy company of others without worrying about the events.

On the other hand, I will then only be able to have the coordinator meeting the day before because they don't do consultations on the weekend. They are willing to do it but should I move the wedding so there is more time? Is there really that much that needs to be done between the co-ordinator mtg and the wedding?

(I feel we are fairly low key but that said we don't want to put up with sub par...)

Opinions?

Beach Beth

Great question! We did our wedding on a Thursday so that it was out of the way and we could relax the rest of the weekend with our guests (most of our guests came Tuesday or Wednesday through Sunday). We did our wedding coordinator meeting on Tuesday morning (2 days before) but there would have been absolutely no consequence for us if we had the meeting the day before. The coordinators do weddings every single day so they are experts at it, and I also was pretty low key and didn't bring an abundance of stuff with me that needed to be explained or set up. So we ran through the details one last time and that was it!

I wasn't really relaxed and "present" with my guests until after the wedding and I really was so excited for the day after when we just rolled out of bed and regrouped at the pool with all of our guests with no agenda or responsibility. And I wasn't worried about tan lines or bloating :)

• Like 1

Hi Beach Beth - we agree with beckys98....we've been to hundreds of weddings here, and our overall experience is that the resorts are very knowledgeable about their set ups and catering to the wedding couple's requests. It's their business, and they're very good at it!

Of course your concern is understandable - it's Your Wedding  - however they've done Thousands!!!! and have learned by experience how to get it right...that's just our two-cents worth :rolleyes:

That being said, it's also important for you to feel comfortable - so I guess in the end, it's really your call.

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - it'll all work out Amazingly Wonderful - you'll see!!!

Cheers, team MTM :)

Sending you these inspiring images to help you relax and enjoy......big exhale ^_^

...taken from our MTM Blog posts:

e89d55_516577b897db4b30b574e2f7f597ae93.

e89d55_87288e60ea1d4d7ea04f6ffc29f10505.

e89d55_3d13764764ab4793abc47fc541522fdb.

Edited by Moments That Matter
  • Like 1

I'm going to agree with everyone else and say that having your coordinator meeting the day before, if they'll do it, is no issue. Just make sure you have your questions, notes, emails and set up instructions on hand with your for your meeting. It can last anywhere from and hour to 2 and a half hours depending on the size of your event and they'll go through all of your details with you. The coordinators are professionals and do hundreds and hundreds of weddings every year. It will all work out.

• Like 1

@@beachbeth We had our onsite meeting two days before our wedding but we could have done it the day before and it would have been completely fine. I would suggest, if you have time to create a document that goes through all of the details of your wedding and send it to the coordinator ahead of time. I did this and it really made our meeting pretty short and sweet. The onsite team just asked a couple of questions and then made sure we hadn't changed anything since I sent the doc. It went through every event we had for the wedding, what we were getting through the resort, what we brought from home, how we wanted it set up (with photos displaying decor set up).  

• Like 2

@@beachbeth Congratulations on your upcoming destination wedding and welcome to BDW!  Which country are you having your destination wedding in?  And is it a legal or symbolic ceremony?  Keep in mind their local laws on how many days you need to arrive depending on what kind of ceremony you are having.  Best to confirm with your onsite Wedding Coordinator.  You can always try to arrange that you arrive before your guests if you wish to have more time at the resort before they arrive.  If you need any help please contact us here as I am on of the Canadian TA's for BDW. 

• 2 months later...