Here are some details about our wedding and a few questions about an AHR. Still not sure if this is right for us.
- We invited 180 guests to our DW -- all close family and friends (big family!). There will be approximately 60 of those people attending. We know that lots of people could not get the time off work, could not afford the trip, or have little kids which is why they were unable to attend.
- We are thinking about having an AHR, but I really don't want it to be a 'reception'. At most it would be a casual come and go afternoon event, with light food, self serve drinks in dispensers, cupcakes, etc. It would be more so a way to see the people who were unable to attend and make them feel included.
- Future hubby and I are both from 'City A', but now live in 'City B' which is 6 hours away. We have friends and family in both places, but 80% of them are in 'City A'. If we have an AHR, does this make 'City A' the best choice? (just asking because it would be so much easier to plan in the city we live in)
- How do you handle a casual come and go event like this?
- Do we have to include wedding reception type things like a guest book, decor, etc? I am honestly just thinking about renting a nice hall with minimal decorations, and making it a casual standing event.
I dont know????? Thoughts?!?