Rotary Trimmer, Cutters Or Good Ole Scissors For Diy Projects?

Beach Weddings DIY Invitations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brandie

• 10 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:09 PM

This site has inspired me to branch out and try some diy projects. I already ordered Save The Dates and couldn't believe how expensive they were! I would love to attempt boarding pass invitations, passport agendas for welcome bags or even the wedding program fans. I have never been crafty so I need advice on where to start. I have found some free templates but I need some suggestions on brands or resources that would be best for a beginner. Please help!

#2 tpenner

• 29 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

We did our own boarding pass invitations. We designed it on Microsoft publisher, printed them on cardstock, used a punch that rounded the edges, and are ordering envelopes that match our colors. We also needed to buy a paper trimmer because we printed 2 boarding passes on one sheet. I'll upload a pic for you soon to show you.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
      Sorry, I should add we bought everything at Michaels Craft Store and are really happy with everything.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

#3 acw271011

• Moderators
      • 3,123 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:56 PM

@Brandie  If you do a search up top on DIY or boarding pass invites you'll get a ton of threads. They're very popular with brides here and there are a number of them that have posted their templates. Publisher does seem to be the most popular for designing them but I've also seen them here done in Word.

Just do the search and you'll see what comes up. You can also do that with just about any other project you think of because I'm sure it has been tackled by brides here before.

Good luck!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#4 jonesharry

• 47 posts
        • Locationwatford

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:14 PM

When you start depends on how many and how complicated your projects are, and when you have time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users