The Zika virus has almost ruined our wedding. We are getting married in the Mayan riviera in March. I had one pregnant bridesmaid cancel and now my maid of honor is not coming either. She has a 6 month old and doesn't want to risk bringing her and cannot leave her at home for a week...

I am totally devastated and can't imagine the wedding day without my bridesmaids. :-(

@@JennyU I'm really sorry to hear that! This Zika thing has not been kind to us :( If it's not too late, I would suggest your MOH consult a doctor, if she hasn't already. I don't believe there is any increased risk to babies/children and even if they were to get sick, it's supposedly not really that bad of an illness. The problem is really for unborn babies, as far as I know.

Good article from CAA (Canada's AAA): http://blog.caasco.com/travel/get-the-facts-about-zika-virus-before-you-travel/

• Like 1

@@vancouverpetunia she told me that her doctor advised her not to bring her baby to Mexico. It's very frustrating because in all the research I have done, I have not found one article or mention of Zika virus being any increased danger to kids or toddlers! To make it worse, I keep seeing people posting pictures at the resort with their families and little babies having the best time. I just feel that she has been misinformed but unfortunately she has made up her mind.

Yeah that is what is sad about the media having a field day...people freak out and make rash decisions

• Like 1

The Zika virus has almost ruined our wedding. We are getting married in the Mayan riviera in March. I had one pregnant bridesmaid cancel and now my maid of honor is not coming either. She has a 6 month old and doesn't want to risk bringing her and cannot leave her at home for a week...

I am totally devastated and can't imagine the wedding day without my bridesmaids. :-(

Me too! My one bridesmaid is thinking about conceiving and is on the verge of cancelling. My other one is having a baby in April and has already cancelled because all this hype. My wedding isn't until December. I'm so disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

@@tpenner oh my god, that's is so awful. I can totally relate. Our wedding is in one month and I went from total excitement to complete devastation and anger. I don't think you should panic yet, you still have a lot of time.

@@tpenner oh my god, that's is so awful. I can totally relate. Our wedding is in one month and I went from total excitement to complete devastation and anger. I don't think you should panic yet, you still have a lot of time.

I would be devastated too if I went through all the hype and found out last minute. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I found out now rather than later.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Hey Ladies,

Nt sure you have seen this update, but, as I am living in Mexico, Rivieramaya, everyone here is living a regular life, not news are going to scare us and make us paranoid.  Here is a useful link.

http://www.riviera-maya-news.com/state-of-quintana-roo-zika-virus-free/2016.html

Please share with your guests.

FYI: I just had a wedding yesterday MOH was the bride´s sister and she flew in with her 9 month old baby. 

Lets all be informed 

Happy Planning!

• Like 4

@@dreamweddings Thanks, Joyce for posting some local news. If someone is pregnant or trying to become pregnant, I understand why they might cancel. But I don't understand everyone else (including those with small children). Frankly, I'd be more worried about getting the runs from the buffet LOL

• Like 5

@@dreamweddings Thank you for posting Joyce!!!  It's great to hear from someone who is there!

• Like 2