Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Brides

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Hbinning

Hbinning
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 03:24 PM

Hello brides! I'm getting married in 2017. Still trying to finalize a resort, I'm seriously considering Iberostar but would love some more info! Is the reception included in the package a private reception? If not, does anyone know how much extra it is for a private reception and how much it would be to extend the reception as well? Thank you!! :)

#12 beckys98

beckys98
    • 543 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:00 AM

Hi @Hbinning - I got married at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites June 2015 and I can partially answer your question. The included reception is semi-private, not private. There are quite a few options to make part or all of the night private. A lot of brides use the included semi-private dinner and then do a private bonfire on the beach with a DJ and bar after dinner. Or you can rent the disco for private use from 9-11.

You can rent a restaurant to have a completely private reception, which is what we did for our 73 guests. You have to have a minimum of 40 guests for restaurant rental. I think they have changed the pricing slightly from last year, but we paid a flat $800 for the rental of the restaurant which included the meal, beer and wine. We added the full bar per person per hour. The reception ended at 10pm. I did ask how much it would cost to extend it an hour, which I think was only a $200 fee for the staff, but when you add in the extra $190 per hour for the DJ and another hour of bar for everyone, it got to be a REALLY expensive hour!

You could also do the whole thing dinner and dancing on the beach, but if you have dinner on the beach they require you to rent a tent and that increases your costs pretty substantially.

Hope that helps a little!

Hello brides! I'm getting married in 2017. Still trying to finalize a resort, I'm seriously considering Iberostar but would love some more info! Is the reception included in the package a private reception? If not, does anyone know how much extra it is for a private reception and how much it would be to extend the reception as well? Thank you!! :)

#13 jgirlnyc

jgirlnyc
    • 2 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 20, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica
    • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:17 AM

This is the Facebook group page all the ladies speak of everyone here is so helpful.  I would be lost without them!  

Iberostar RoseHall-Sisterhood of the Traveling Starfish! https://www.facebook...25122217571235/

I'm also in search of the June 19th bride.  She's getting married the day before me.  I would like to know whether or not she's planning a bonfire the night of her wedding.  If she is then I can arrange another activity the night before my wedding after the welcome dinner... where is she LOL!

Edited by jgirlnyc, 14 April 2016 - 06:22 AM.

#14 Endreece

Endreece
    • 17 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 9, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
    • LocationTexas

Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:35 AM

This is the Facebook group page all the ladies speak of everyone here is so helpful.  I would be lost without them!  

Iberostar RoseHall-Sisterhood of the Traveling Starfish! https://www.facebook...25122217571235/

I'm also in search of the June 19th bride.  She's getting married the day before me.  I would like to know whether or not she's planning a bonfire the night of her wedding.  If she is then I can arrange another activity the night before my wedding after the welcome dinner... where is she LOL!

thank you @jgirlnyc i have been looking all over for this group!

Edited by Endreece, 18 April 2016 - 11:35 AM.

#15 Sweetpea2018

Sweetpea2018
    • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

I'm considering this venue for our wedding. I can't seem to contact the wedding coordinator it keeps giving me an error on the website. I'm just confused with the a la carte because a lot of it is for 10 guests and we are having 20. Obviously I don't want to pay for 2 cakes etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users