53 replies to this topic

#11 Harper370

Harper370
  • 22 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Mexico
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:12 AM

@DLS2016 are they coming to the resort or do you have to travel to them? I got prices for the spa to do my hair and its $375 with a trial and style. Seems a bit much.

#12 DLS2016

DLS2016
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:27 PM

@Harper320 yes they are coming to the resort because the resort waived the fee. I scheduled Yuctan Hair / Besos Brides. They are reasonable priced. I believe it's $200 for airbrush makeup and an updo. Their scheduling is super easy, no deposits or contracts. Initially,
    I thought that was crazy but said what the hey why not!

#13 Harper370

Harper370
    • 22 posts
    • LocationUS

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:15 PM

@DLS2016 I'm going to use them also!! How did you get the resort fee waived!?

#14 DLS2016

DLS2016
    • 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:05 AM

@Harper370 the resort doesn't offer airbrush makeup and I wanted airbrush so they waived the fee because they couldn't offer the service. They did say they will be offering it sometime in the future though.

#15 beachbeth

beachbeth
      • 12 posts
        • LocationLondon Ontario

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:59 PM

Hey all! We have just booked Iberostar Quetzal for Jan 4, 2017! We are booking our group rate for flights on Monday but the date is booked!

How many people are you having at your wedding? We will have about 40, but part of me is thinking having 10 more people is great because then you get a restaurant privately.  My understanding is for under 50, you can get a section of the restaurant during dinner and then book after for your private reception. Or book on the beach.

What are you doing for dinner/ reception? 

#16 beachbeth

beachbeth
        • 12 posts
          • LocationLondon Ontario

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:58 PM

oh, and part 2, @Harper370 and @DLS2016 what time are you having the ceremony? I'm questioning it now that I see the contract! eeee!

#17 Harper370

Harper370
          • 22 posts
          • LocationUS

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:40 PM

@beachbeth congratulations!! Actually we are having our ceremony at the chapel in fifth avenue then dinner in the even on the beach. We aren't having a traditional wedding party.

#18 lcole1

lcole1
          • 17 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 3, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Iberostar Tucan

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:03 PM

@beachbeth I'm getting married a month before you (Dec 3). I'm getting married 4pm on the beach. Reception at the Steakhouse at the resort starts at 6:30 and ends at 10:30 (cocktail hour and photos in between). You only need 30 people to reserve the entire restaurant. If you end up with less you have to pay a fee per person missing from 30 (I'm not sure how much that fee was though. I can look though my contract if you need that info.) I also booked the dj through the resort and they set up right in the restaurant!

#19 DLS2016

DLS2016
          • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:05 AM

@Icole1 my ceromony is at 5:15pm at the jungle location. I chose this location because there is more privacy than on the beach. To save money we decided on doing the included semi private dinner. Then at 8pm we are having a 2 hour "cocktail" hour at the beach bar with a DJ. I think so far we have 15 people and that includes the wedding party and family do we know al least 10 more ppl will attend. It's only 4 months away!!!!

#20 lcole1

lcole1
            • 17 posts
            • Wedding Date:December 3, 2016
            • Wedding Location:Iberostar Tucan

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:25 AM

@DLS2016 That sounds perfect! I liked both locations and agree the jungle is more private. I like how you're having the cocktail hour with a DJ at the beach bar after the dinner that works out perfectly! I don't think I've seen photos of the beach bar! It's so hard to plan from far away!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users