I've been trying to book the big day preview as well but haven't heard back. I was talking with margarita Fuentes and she was always very responsive but now she just stopped responding. Who have you been talking with? I'd really like to book soon!

Also, have any of you ladies gotten any concerns from guests regarding Zika? A few people have mentioned it to me and now I'm getting nervous but I see such mixed views on it online, what do you guys think??

I was working with her too but she wasnt being clear and then stop responding so I called the Playa Weddings and spoke with Christine who was super helpful! 

Apparently, there is one designated King Room for this promotion so the WC onsite can only attend to one couple at a time. And this is only for weekdays, so if she has wedding coming up or is busy they wont book your Bog Day Preview. Its super limited which is frustrating and Margarita doesn't really seem to care. 

hi brides! I was wondering if you ladies were planning on using the makeup/hair services that are included in the vendor list or going elsewhere? I found one company that seems to be amazing based on pictures and reviews but the idea of the $500 outside vendor fee is making me go back and forth! thanks in advance!

I am leaning towards using them OR leaving the resort to get hair and makeup to avoid fee. As for my photographer, Ivan Luckie- I am paying the $500 fee bc we feel that is the one place not to scimp one- you'll have those pictures forever. We were not remotely a fan of the resorts.

Just got back from my trip to Cancun! We were able to do a site inspection at the Hyatt Ziva. It was amazing!! I fell in love! So happy with my new location. The pictures do not do it any justice. It's breathtaking in person. Originally I wanted to get married on the beach but the gazebo is definitely the place to do it. 

@@Amandab1378 have you found any decorations for the gazebo? My next step is deciding on decorations!

I'm still in search of a photographer and videographer. I wasn't too impressed w/ the one contracted w/ the hotel. I met w/ one of their reps and was very disappointed w/ the lack of preparation for the meeting. So if anyone can share who you're working with it would be great!

Jackie

We booked Ivan Luckie http://www.luckiephotography.com. We used them for our engagement photos way back and loved loved them. I also really like his journalistic style, his pictures appear as if your watching a movie or feel like you are really there. Remember when looking for photographers to find what style you both like. Each bride is different. (I didn't know styles until wedding planning )

Check his site out!

@@Spoiledtator

I think in just going to stick with the onsite hair and makeup. I'm also bringing my own stuff in case I need to touch up.

We found an amazing photographer and were so excited!! If anyone is still looking I highly recommend:

http://erickpozosblog.com/

I love how he captures the moments, the raw emotions and just love his artistic photography.

Hi everyone! We had our wedding June 4th and everything was great. Andrea is still amazing haha. Unfortunately, it rained on our day so we had to move everything inside, which was a big bummer, but we still had a great time.

As far as hair and makeup - I had mine done by the resort (included in the package) and it went much better than I expected! I was really nervous about this and had a hair/makeup trial as soon as we arrived to put me at ease and had plans to fork out the extra money if necessary but it wasn't needed, thank God!

post-285093-0-85114900-1468940065_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Guz16

@@Guz16 Hi! Congratulations! I want to see photos!!  Love your hair! They did a great job. That's a good idea about the trial hair/makeup. How much did they charge for that or was that included?? Also, what happens when it rains? Did you have to choose different decor? Were they able to use the same and just made it work? Also, who did you use for DJ?  Sorry for all the questions! Getting nervous and anxious as the days get closer. 

Jackie 

@@Guz16 wow your hair came out beautifully!! did you like the way they did makeup as well? airbrush?? I'm sorry to hear about the rain but I'm sure it was beautiful regardless! My reception is scheduled to be in that upstairs covered outside area? I forget the name but since it will be July I keep debating if moving it inside may be a nice break from the heat for the guests. what did you think of the ballroom where you had the reception?

Hey guys... question for those who already had their weddings there.... Did any of you do a "Private rehearsal dinner" the day before the wedding??.... I am also getting married there  March 2017 however looking for options to accommodate 60-70 people.  I know they can do private dinners at their restaurants but for 20 people max.  I wanted to do a rehearsal dinner on the sky terrace but they quoted me a price thats almost the price as the wedding itself?! =/     Any suggestions??

Does anyone have pictures of their wedding at this resort that they wouldn't mind sharing? My fiancé and I are trying to figure out which venues we want to use for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. 

Thank you in advance!!