@@JRodz so sorry that you had a difficult experience with the wedding coordinators and everything wasn't perfect but sounds like y'all had an amazing wedding despite the mishaps! How many days before your wedding did y'all arrive? Did you have a welcome party? Who did you have your bouquet done by--the hotel or love memories? Which venues did you use and do you have any pictures you wouldn't mind sharing? My fiancé and I recently signed our contract for Nov 2017. Any information/tips would be greatly appreciated--hopefully all of us brides can work together to make each other's weddings as stress free and close to perfect as possible!

• Like 1

@@HannahShort  Hi Hannah.

We arrived 2 days before the wedding. We wanted to make sure we had enough time to go over every detail. We also requested a rehearsal the day before to do a walk through w/ entire wedding party, parents, flower girl, ring bearer. It didn't seem like they were going to have one for us. So make sure you schedule one and confirm the day you meet with them. I had them give us a tour of where the ceremony (gazebo) and cocktail/reception would be (beach area by the gazebo).

We had a casual welcome gathering at Tres Cervezas the night before the wedding and handed out our welcome bags then. I took Amber's advise and had two of my girls hold a few tables for us an hour before everyone arrived. The restaurant manager was not happy about us holding tables. I'll also add, the restaurant was pretty empty. They ended up calling the wedding dept and my WC spoke to my MOH. Big mistake! Since my MOH was already frustrated w/ their lack of cooperation and communication she dismissed her. We weren't going to pay extra for a semi private dinner and separate menu when we're at an all inclusive resort. Of course this also depends on the size of your party. We had 32 guest. I'm sure for bigger parties you'll need the accomodations. 

We used love memories for decor and flowers. Since our package. Love and Opulent came w/ a bridal flower bouquet we were quoted an extra charge for the upgrade. I don't have my pictures back from my photographer but I'll try to attach a few from guests. I would also recommend having your guest download Wedpics. Many of our guest uploaded pics to our site. 

I'll post pictures from home since I'm at work and they blocked the feature. 

• Like 1

Well today after all this I have contacted an off site wedding planner. I spoke with Maggie (Hyatt WC) and she said it will be an ex $500 vendor fee, but I think that is better than the headache. I am going down my the "Big Day Preview" in November so I'll address this is Christina Parker and see what she says. 

@@rebeccarpeck1 Our date is 11/17/17!

@@JRodz Thanks for the tips! Did you deal with people from love memories personally or did you have to tell your wedding coordinator from the Hyatt the things you wanted done by love memories? Were the prices reasonable? Looking forward to seeing some of your pictures!

• Like 1

Hi Ladies-

I just spoke with Maguie Fuentes and she went on TripAdvisor and read the bad reviews while I was on the phone. She said she wasn't surprised. Apparently, there is a new wedding director that is revamping the whole department and wedding system. I kind of feel bad for her because she's frustrated with the on site coordinators as well. She is not sure if she will be a part of this new team/process but she believes changes are coming! They are trying to improve communication with the on site director and the brides. Hopefully in November I can get Christina Parker's input on this.

@@ashleydanielle4 Thanks for the info!!! I'm actually sitting here working on the wording for our invitations and I'm totally panicking! It's going to be a long 12.5 months!!! I hope they can figure things out sooner than later. I don't understand how/why the communication is so off. I mean, I know the Hyatt Ziva is new-ish (although they've already had nearly a year to work on their wedding department), but Playa is not new to the destination wedding business.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

@@HannahShort I personally like to cut the middleman, so I reached out to each vendor individually. I checked out their FB page sent messages and emails. I preferred to work with someone who's more responsive and attentive. Elena from Love Memories was great to work with. Took the time to skype with us and even give us suggestions. I didn't get the same c/s feel from Gama. 

@@JRodz Did you reserve a block of rooms for your guests to book? If so, did they offer a discount for bringing so many guests to stay with them and how did everyone go about booking (through the hotel website? calling the hotel? expedia?? travel agent?) 

I really appreciate your responses!