@@MichelleandAdam did you hire a wedding planner/coordinator? I was thinking of hiring somebody just for day-of coordination but heard from the management team that it would count as an outdoor vendor. Thanks in advance, your wedding sounded amazing :)

We didn't hire one.  We just utilized Angela.   That was the frustrating part of the whole planning.  Communication with her was difficult.  By difficult i mean we sent TONS of emails back and forth where it took her days to respond to and then she wouldn't answer some of our questions so we had to keep going back and forth.  I think a planner would help, but i don't think it's worth the vendor fee. 

• Like 1

Hi @@MichelleandAdam, so my question is regarding the hotel room cost. I went to visit Hyatt Ziva last month. I fell in love with the hotel!! The only thing that made the hotel less attractive was that they would charge $175 pp to attend our wedding, if that person was not staying at the hotel. How can we expect our guests to pay close to $450 a night per person especially when they have kids. That being said, we went with an off site venue (which is magical). The venue we chose was our first choice to be honest and so happy we went with it. But I cant stop thinking about Hyatt Ziva! I would love to have our guests stay at Ziva but can't get over the price point. Would you or anyone else who has or will be staying here tell me if they paid $400 + per night?   

@@ashleydanielle4 Which cake did you guys like the best? Are there different options for the food? We won't get to do a tasting so any input you have would be super helpful! :) 

@@MichelleandAdam Thanks for your detailed breakdown! I added your hubby on FB too and have loved looking at the pictures! My color scheme is very similar to yours!

What was the name of your DJ? I'd like to request yours since you had such positive things to say! 

Were you happy with your hair and makeup despite them trying to charge you extras? I'm a little nervous about that but definitely don't want to pay the $85 or whatever it is for the trial! 

I saw you did a catamaran outing. What company did you use and were you happy with them? Our group is going to be about 40-50 as well and we're planning on doing a catamaran excursion too. 

You looked gorgeous and congratulations!! 

• Like 1

@@MichelleandAdam That is so great! I'm so glad y'all had an amazing experience!! Your photos on Facebook look awesome! Love Memories did an awesome job on your decorations! Did you work with someone from Love Memories directly? We actually chose the same venues to have our ceremony and reception! I saw that y'all rented an LED dance floor and had lights strung up for the reception in the sky gazebo..is there any other lighting that you rented or would recommend renting for the reception? 

I contacted Wendy earlier this week about room blocks. Did working with her and having all of your guests call her to pay for their rooms work out smoothly? Did y'all also use Wendy to book your flights to Cancun? We weren't sure that we were going to block rooms because you have to put so much money down upfront but Expedia is showing that they are already sold out for hyatt ziva in October and our wedding is in November..so that has us a little worried!!

You have been so helpful! I look forward to your reply :)

@@rebeccarpeck1

We liked the red velvet and the brownie mocha.

There are many different food options, ask your consultant to send you the menu.

@@jessgar86 The basic rooms quote I have for my guests is $336/night for one person. The more people in the room the price goes down. It's a mandatory 3 night stay with my TA (Wendy)

Edited by ashleydanielle4

Has anyone had their wedding at the Hyatt Ziva Cancun this year?

We are ready to put the deposit down, but I am getting cold feet because of expenses. I am having between 40-70 people. Could anyone help talk me through expenses, things you didn't think about before booking that cost a lot, negotiating that they helped you with, and the cost people paid to go to wedding... hellppp please