@@ashleydanielle4

Is there only a sky gazebo is that the same thing as sky terrace? I didnt get any info about that yet. So you think they would be ok w out the decorations? Cause im not planning on spending a lot on the decor.

Yea the sky gazebo/terrace are the same thing. They definitely need decorations as it just an open space. I'm realizing that they will also need lighting as well. The ceremony space at the cliff side gazebo you could get away with nothing but for the reception you would have to jazz it up alot

Wow the hidden fees are just nuts. Why are they still sending outdated info for 2017 (AND telling it on the phone - i spoke to a WC three weeks ago and was told the deposit was $200 for 2017) Speaking of which, the WC i was working with never got back to me after weeks - steer clear of Jazmin.

I made the utmost decision to book with Royalton. The Hyatt is a beautiful property, great location, but i can't deal with the stress of dealing with their wedding department for another year haha. I'd definitely go on vacation there though LOL!

HI Guys-

I'm really sorry you all have been having communication issues with the Ziva. What I will say is, its amazing how fast they respond to you after you put your deposit down. I have just received the full contract from the hotel. Try and reach out to Margrita Fuentes. 

Hello!

My wedding was Saturday, April 16 at Hyatt Ziva Cancun at 4:30pm. I’m going to try to keep this short and to the point because I’m tired. I did the Lavish & Opulent package. 35 guests there. 3 people didn’t come due to family emergency.

The hotel was lovely! Everyone loved it and so did I. They have something for everyone and the staff is super nice. I love their motto – service from the heart. They raise their hand to their heart when they greet you. Several of our guests were talking about coming back later with friends or other family members. The wedding was beautiful and more than I dreamed of. I was overjoyed with everything and would definitely recommend it to other brides. Don’t be discouraged by your initial wedding consultant that’s assigned. I had Elsa and didn’t always love her but Andrea, my onsite, was THE BEST. She’s the sweetest person and took care of everything. She went above and beyond. I took her my suitcase of items and she made sure everything was set up beautifully. Those items were – sashes, maracas, guest book and camera, a couple of other small things.

We arrived to the resort on Wednesday and were blown away immediately when we stepped out of the van. The view breathtaking. There is a wide open view of the pool and ocean. Two of my friends rode with us from the airport and one told me that she loved it so much she could kiss me on the mouth lol (but she didn’t). We were given cold towels and a glass of some kind of sparkling beverage (non-alcoholic). Check in was easy and pretty fast. They give you the option of whether you want to put a credit card on file or not.

On Friday night we had our welcome party at Tres Cervezas. It was PERFECT! My friends went early to hold a couple of tables. There was a Mexican party going on at the plaza so most hotel guests were out there. The bar was pretty empty which I was happy about lol. We took over! And there was a live band. I am so happy I didn’t pay for a private party. It wasn’t necessary. My friend handed out the favor cups as people arrived and we all just mingled, ate wings, and drank. Some of us even danced while the band played. So MUCH fun. So glad we did it. It was a chance to spend time with all of our guests and catch up with people we hadn’t seen yet.

On Saturday morning (wedding day) we had rehearsal at 9am at the sky gazebo. It was EXTREMELY windy. We did a walk through and she rehearsed with the kids like 3 or 4 times. She promised them that if they listened and did well she’d have a surprise for them. It was 2 little girls and 2 little boys. They listened and did well at the ceremony. She gave them cupcakes during cocktail hour

My mom, his mom, and I had our makeup done at the spa. They have a bridal suite. I also had my hair curled. They did a pretty good job. Everyone loved my makeup but I didn’t. I didn’t think my lashes were down far enough and she forgot to put blush on me. I called a friend down to the spa for a third opinion lol. She said the lashes were fine. They have lashes there but I brought my own. They move really slow and have a limited selection of eye shadows and lip sticks. I was happy I brought my own lipstick. My mom didn’t like the ones they put on her, they were all really light. She ended up wearing one she had in her room. Her makeup looked nice and so did my MIL’s. I forgot my lady’s name but I think it might have been Holly. I was there from 1pm until a little after 3pm. My photographer and videographers came in while I was in there (Ivan Luckie & Alex Gallardo).

Also while I was in the spa, Andrea came and told me that it was still super windy at the gazebo so they were going to move the cocktail and reception to the punta vista terrace. I was fine with that. And actually very happy. It turned it really well and I loved the set up.

Ceremony was beautiful. We did a sand ceremony that included my step kids. I ordered the kit from Etsy. The minister was great. The wind was really bad. My hair was all over the place! We attempted family photos after the ceremony but I’m sure they look crazy bc of the wind. I can’t wait to see them though.

I’m told that the cocktail food was good. The reception food was good, although very small servings. The salad and stuffed chicken were delicious. The vegetarian course was a joke. I wish someone took a photo of it. No one anyone would be full from that. It’s shameful. The cake was delicious as well.

Cocktail: Salmón fish tartar with tzaziki cucumber, Potato Spanish tortilla, Roast beef with horse radish cream sauce.

Salad: Roasted chicken breast and crispy bacon with roman lettuce.

Main: Artichokes stuffed chicken breast with goat cheese and Vegetable tower for vegetarians.

Dessert: Iced red fruits tart.

Kids: Chicken nuggets and cheese pizza (requested on the spot). The waiters were all very nice and even danced with my friends

Cake: Signature cake – vanilla. I paid extra for flowers added.

We had Dj Doremixx for DJ. He was awesome. He played the songs I sent him and mixed in other songs that we all enjoyed it. I was surprised by the cold fireworks at the end but it was awesome. The Hyatt had a party scheduled at the Punta Vista bar so we moved the party to the bar around 9:45. It was perfect for those of us who weren’t ready to go in yet. That lasted til 1am but we left around 11:30 I think. We were like celebrities lol. All the guests at the bar were congratulating us and taking photos with us. Even days following the wedding people were congratulating us. I guess they saw us when we were doing our photos around the hotel.

Our room was beautifully decorated when we returned. We were pleasantly surprised.

Summary:

Wedding Consultant – Elsa Torres – Sweet lady but spotty communication. I think she was overworked and had too much on her plate

Onsite Wedding Coordinator – Andrea Garza – LOVED HER. She’s the best. You can tell she loves her job. She danced and played with the kids. Even allowed my step daughter to trick her into making a balloon animal lol. Check her out on Instagram – Aneiia9113 to see wedding photos

Rentals – Gama Grupo (Abimael May)– Chairs, Chinese lanterns & support, silver chargers, square table – Good to work with. Good communication. Everything as promised.

Flowers – Hyatt vendor – forgot the name lol. I never talked to them directly. – centerpieces, flower girl baskets, and petals, boutonniere

My bouquet, mom corsages, dad bouts, flower girl headbands – I ordered from wedideas.com

DJ – Doremixx (Ivan) – He was great! He also brought extra lighting that I requested. No dance floor. Glad I didn’t waste money on it. We didn’t miss it. Had to pay outside fee for him

Photo – Ivan Luckie (plus Aldo) – We loved them. Can’t wait to see the photos. Had to pay outside fee for him but it included the videographers as well.

Video – Alex Gallardo (plus Elvis) – Loved them as well. They were funny and set up a lot of good moments to capture.

Maracas – Etsy – vintagebabydoll – good communication and pretty fast turn around. I ordered them a month before the wedding

Maraca tags – Etsy – Recipebox – very accommodating and quick service

Favor cups – Etsy – Myweddingstore – Loved them, quick shipping

Sand Ceremony – Etsy – Thedreamweddingshop - Loved them, quick shipping. If you do this, make sure you wrap it up well for travel back. TSA opened it to test the sand and didn’t secure it well. It was in carry on but when we got home there was sand all in our bag. We plan to redo it with the kids with the leftover sand.

Hopefully I got everything but if I didn't, just ask! BTW these are photos from friends and family so they're not all great quality.

Also - I'm too lazy/tired to proofread it. I apologize for errors loL

post-262240-0-97492000-1463180991_thumb.jpeg

post-262240-0-78790700-1463181008_thumb.jpeg

post-262240-0-65349900-1463181040_thumb.jpeg

post-262240-0-40147900-1463181061_thumb.jpeg

post-262240-0-21953400-1463181080_thumb.jpeg

post-262240-0-78425900-1463181101_thumb.jpeg

post-262240-0-33494600-1463181125_thumb.jpeg

post-262240-0-94990900-1463181153_thumb.jpeg

post-262240-0-47564800-1463181687_thumb.jpeg

post-262240-0-57812800-1463181819_thumb.jpeg

Edited by MissAmber26
  • Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ladies and congrats on your upcoming weddings! I am planning on having my wedding at the Hyatt Ziva on March 25th 2017 and was formerly working with Jessica, however she just informed me that her last day would be Friday and my new contact would be Andrea. I had a site inspection on May 9th and everything looked beautiful. Just like most of you I have a lot of questions about decor and such. We picked the lavish an opulent package but it's a little unclear about what kind of decorations it includes. Does anyone have any info about that? Also if anyone has any questions for me I would be more than happy to help..thank you in advance!

• Like 1

Hi!! We leave for our wedding TOMORROW so I have no clue why I'm answering this other than I can do nothing but keep busy to keep me sane haha! Anyways, we did the lavish and opulent package and decoration-wise essentially it includes white tablecloths, linens, settings, your choice of 1 basic bouquet with a matching one for the altar. That's pretty much it decoration-wise. We added tons of custom flowers and draping to the gazebo, changed the chairs, added different colored linens, charger plates, bouquets for the table, 1 sign and lots of string lights for around 5k (we have 54 total attending our wedding). Also, Andrea is amazing - you'll love her!

Good luck! Let me know if there's anything else I can answer! I'll post pics as soon as I remember :)

• Like 4

@@Guz16 wow!! Today's the day you take off!! Have a great wedding! Have a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it and learn some new tips. We still haven't picked out decor.