Welcome to the forum @vanessajfelice
10% of our brides each year, choose to do a site visit. this depends from person to person.
Here is a short list of what you can do first, for what ever reason I couldn't attached the longer version.
1. draw up a list of things you want your hotel to have. (amenities)
2. get in-touch with a TA who specializes in Destination wedding
3. book resort/bock date
4. book photographer , hair and make up and DJ
5. decide on the Decor, its sounds like you are looking to DIY. plan out the things you want to DIY and the ones you will book with the resort. most of our past bride have brought lots details for the tables, candles , guests book etc.
6. Etsy has some great options on welcome bags https://www.etsy.com...ng_welcome_bags
7. Have lots of fun doing all the above. because before you know it it would be September.
Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.
Have fun the best is yet to come!
This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding
Dream Weddings Riviera Maya