Families Guests Etiquette

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nickkifu84

Nickkifu84
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:27 AM

Hi everyone!

We are planning a DW in Tuscany and things are getting a bit out of hand. 

I want to keep the list to 30-40, but FH is having issues with excluding friends and family. 

We have went through several rounds of elimination and can't seem to get the list below 150  :(

Any suggestions for trimming back?

Thanks!

-N

#2 tracyannhoward

tracyannhoward
    • 53 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
    • Wedding Location:NOW Jade
    • LocationRiviera Maya

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:53 AM

cutting more than 100 guests is a lot!  good luck!  How many of those people are family?  one thing to consider is how many you think will actually come.  I let my mom invite as many of her friends as she wanted because i figured out of all of them maybe one couple would come and that wouldn't put me over the top.  As it turns out none of her friends came and she and my dad hosted a party for us after the wedding in their home town and invited all their friends.  It worked out great.  You could also consider having a local party somewhere.  hope you can figure it out - Tuscany sounds amazing! congrats!

#3 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
    • 603 posts
      • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:43 PM

Hi everyone!

We are planning a DW in Tuscany and things are getting a bit out of hand. 

I want to keep the list to 30-40, but FH is having issues with excluding friends and family. 

We have went through several rounds of elimination and can't seem to get the list below 150  :(

Any suggestions for trimming back?

Thanks!

-N

@Nickkifu84 congrats on choosing to have a Destination wedding.  All friends and family have a role in your life. the big question,you might want to ask yourself is the importance of that role. For example when last did he communicate with his friends?  Sometimes you just have to explain to friends that , you are choosing to have a really super small wedding. People do understand.     

Happy Planning!

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
      weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
      http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
      Joyce

#4 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:00 PM

Welcome to our forum community Nikkifu84 and Congrats on your upcoming Tuscany wedding - WOW!!! sounds amazing :)

You've come to the right place for great ideas, suggestions, advice and support from everyone here - as you can already see :) Wishing you happy research, and all the best with scaling back your guest list to a number that works for you.

For some additional inspiration, here are a few magical wedding moments that matter we captured in our beautiful Mayan Riviera .....enjoy!

....taken from our Timeline Photos Album:

12194594_10153720511309487_8212918459677

12095280_10153678336124487_5188646533410

11703539_10153437907824487_2769062777116

Wishing you all the best with your plans and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - cheers!!! team MTM :)

Edited by Moments That Matter, 18 December 2015 - 12:21 PM.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#5 AdamnJenn17

AdamnJenn17
        • 161 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:53 PM

The after reception is a good idea - keep the wedding ceremony intimate and then celebrate with family and friends

That is what we plan after we return form our destination wedding in Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users