Ask Q & A With Wedding Planner Joyce At Dream Weddings Riviera Maya

Hello Ladies, 

A lot of you have been emailing me after you have signed a contract with location/resort, and then you realized you were not aware of how wedding costs and expenses go sky rocket high and every extra detail is getting charged.

This thread is for all of you brides, for everybody who has questions before signing anything with anyone.

Get some professional guidance before, so you can feel less overwhelmed on what you can expect moving forward.   

I will be checking the thread few times a week to respond to your questions as detailed as I can.  

Feel free to ask away, because the question you have may help another bride;)!!

Happy Planning!

Joyce

• Like 2

Joyce has wonderful info for wedding couples looking for answers to their planning questions - great offer, Joyce!!!

Be sure to check her out when all you wedding couples are researching here.....and wishing everyone all the best - cheers! team MTM :)

.....understanding how wonderful it is to plan a beach wedding, here are some inspirational images we've captured at some of these to give you some examples and ramp up your creativity even more - enjoy :)

....taken from our TImeline Photos Album:

11249771_10153726882474487_2556243875033

12194594_10153720511309487_8212918459677

12068620_10153683639299487_2783509706754

Edited by Moments That Matter
  • Like 1

Hi @@dreamweddings,

I really appreciate you starting this threat! I just wrote a new forum about this. I am newly engaged and actively looking for an all inclusive resort for about 35-50 guests. We would like to get married in either May or August 2016 (not very much time!). 

I thought wedding packages included everything but I am slowly beginning to realize that there are really important items missing from some of these packages such as - DJ, Reception, Photography, Videography. I am slowly beginning to worry that my tight budget (of $10K) may not be very realistic.

Could you please help share some of the common additional costs that a destination bride would experience?

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Hi @@dreamweddings,

I really appreciate you starting this threat! I just wrote a new forum about this. I am newly engaged and actively looking for an all inclusive resort for about 35-50 guests. We would like to get married in either May or August 2016 (not very much time!). 

I thought wedding packages included everything but I am slowly beginning to realize that there are really important items missing from some of these packages such as - DJ, Reception, Photography, Videography. I am slowly beginning to worry that my tight budget (of $10K) may not be very realistic.

Could you please help share some of the common additional costs that a destination bride would experience?

Thank you very much!

@@Vjohana you have a very common question , lets dive into your answer,

My advise since you want an all inclusive resort, first step identify the things that are a must have for you (such prices point, amenities, family friendly etc). Then get a travel agent.  now you might want look for someone who specializes in destination wedding. the owner of this page is TA. ask them to give you hotels that have more benefits. The number of guests also pay a huge part in your wedding packages.  some hotels will include certain for up 20 guests. 

All inclusive doesn't mean you get everything, as you have found out, but there a number of hotels that cover food, bar and rentals (chairs and tables)

The following are not covered in the wedding packages.

DJ

photographer

Flowers

Decor

Hair and make up

PS: if you hire the above from outside, be aware the hotel will be charging an outside vendor fee.

(which differs from hotel to hotel)

Happy Planning!