#1 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
  • 603 posts
    • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:02 AM

Hello Ladies, 

A lot of you have been emailing me after you have signed a contract with location/resort, and then you realized you were not aware of how wedding costs and expenses go sky rocket high and every extra detail is getting charged.

This thread is for all of you brides, for everybody who has questions before signing anything with anyone.

Get some professional guidance before, so you can feel less overwhelmed on what you can expect moving forward.   

I will be checking the thread few times a week to respond to your questions as detailed as I can.  

Feel free to ask away, because the question you have may help another bride;)!!

Happy Planning!

Joyce

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
    weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
    http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
    Joyce

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:40 PM

This is going to be a great thread!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:02 AM

Joyce has wonderful info for wedding couples looking for answers to their planning questions - great offer, Joyce!!!

Be sure to check her out when all you wedding couples are researching here.....and wishing everyone all the best - cheers! team MTM :)

.....understanding how wonderful it is to plan a beach wedding, here are some inspirational images we've captured at some of these to give you some examples and ramp up your creativity even more - enjoy :)

....taken from our TImeline Photos Album:

11249771_10153726882474487_2556243875033

12194594_10153720511309487_8212918459677

12068620_10153683639299487_2783509706754

Edited by Moments That Matter, 17 November 2015 - 06:02 AM.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 Vjohana

Vjohana
      • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:03 AM

Hi @dreamweddings,

I really appreciate you starting this threat! I just wrote a new forum about this. I am newly engaged and actively looking for an all inclusive resort for about 35-50 guests. We would like to get married in either May or August 2016 (not very much time!). 

I thought wedding packages included everything but I am slowly beginning to realize that there are really important items missing from some of these packages such as - DJ, Reception, Photography, Videography. I am slowly beginning to worry that my tight budget (of $10K) may not be very realistic.

Could you please help share some of the common additional costs that a destination bride would experience?

Thank you very much!

#5 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
        • 603 posts
          • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:59 AM

Hi @dreamweddings,

I really appreciate you starting this threat! I just wrote a new forum about this. I am newly engaged and actively looking for an all inclusive resort for about 35-50 guests. We would like to get married in either May or August 2016 (not very much time!). 

I thought wedding packages included everything but I am slowly beginning to realize that there are really important items missing from some of these packages such as - DJ, Reception, Photography, Videography. I am slowly beginning to worry that my tight budget (of $10K) may not be very realistic.

Could you please help share some of the common additional costs that a destination bride would experience?

Thank you very much!

@Vjohana you have a very common question , lets dive into your answer,

My advise since you want an all inclusive resort, first step identify the things that are a must have for you (such prices point, amenities, family friendly etc). Then get a travel agent.  now you might want look for someone who specializes in destination wedding. the owner of this page is TA. ask them to give you hotels that have more benefits. The number of guests also pay a huge part in your wedding packages.  some hotels will include certain for up 20 guests. 

All inclusive doesn't mean you get everything, as you have found out, but there a number of hotels that cover food, bar and rentals (chairs and tables)

The following are not covered in the wedding packages.

DJ

photographer

Flowers

Decor

Hair and make up

PS: if you hire the above from outside, be aware the hotel will be charging an outside vendor fee.

(which differs from hotel to hotel)

Happy Planning!

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
          weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
          http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
          Joyce

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BDW Newbies, Beach Weddings, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users