Photo

Newbie Interested In Melia Caribe

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 swalker7979

swalker7979
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:59 AM

Hello everyone! I just got engaged last month and I have always wanted a destination wedding. We want to get married in Sept/Oct 2016 and have selected Punta Cana b/c my fiance' and I visited 2 years ago and really loved it. In looking at reviews, pictures, and posts on this site we have a really big interest in Melia Caribe Tropical. I really love their gazebos and it seems to be budget friendly. Has anyone gotten married there recently or planning to within the next year? Where did you or planning to have your reception ? We are looking to have around 50 guests. To anyone who has stayed here, what was your overall feel of the resort? I am currently working w/ a TA who is getting quotes from Melia, Royalton, and NOW Larimar as a comparison. I am so excited to begin planning!

#2 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,505 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:17 PM

Welcome and congrats. We had a recent bride for your resort. I can't think of her username (sorry Kristy) so I sent her a FB msg to come help you out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#3 kcole123

kcole123
    • 850 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
    • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:44 PM

Facebook message received and now here I am. Sorry I have been MIA in a while. @swalker7979
    @calgarybride2015

I just got married at Melia in April of this year. I had a total of 29 guests and all of them loved the resort. Not one complaint from my guests. They loved it. Even with it being such a big resort (it's huge, so if you aren't into the really big resorts then maybe opt out). But honestly it might be huge but it's beautiful and lots of restaurant options.
    My husband and I stayed at the level adult only section of the resort (would highly recommend the upgrade).
    So I chose to have the ceremony at the garden gazebo just cause I loved the way it looked and the garden surrounding it. And it went with the package I chose which was the basic package aka free wedding. The reason I chose this is because I had the reception off the resort. My reception was on La Barcaza wedding boat (which I also highly recommend if you are looking for laid back kind of reception). Anyway, Geraldy was my wedding coordinator and I tell you he is simply the best. He did everything so great and made us feel so special. He does a lot of these weddings and simple put, I didn't feel like I was just a number to him. We had a cocktail hour right near the garden gazebo and the food (which I didn't have because I was busy either pictures) was excellent according to the guests. My brother said that the cocktail hour food that he had was the best he had at the resort.

Anymore questions feel free to ask but I honestly don't think you will go wrong at all at booking this resort. It's simply breathtaking in my mind. The landscaping is beautiful and for a wedding it is just amazing.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#4 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:24 PM

Weeeeeee!! Kristy!!! @kcole123  Hey girl! How's married life??? I wish you would stop in now and then and say hi!

@swalker7979 I've posted the link to Kristy's thread since it's so totally amazing! And her photos are absolutely stunning!! She wrote a great review so I'm sure you'll find tons of info that should be helpful.

http://www.bestdesti...aribe-tropical/

As well, if you type in the resort name in the search bar at the top, you'll get several forums to read through.

Good luck and happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#5 kcole123

kcole123
    • 850 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
    • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:25 PM

@acw271011
    Hey sweetheart how are you doing?

Married life for me is going great. I am actually helping my new sister in law somewhat plan her wedding, well giving her advice or helpful tips. She isn't having a destination wedding though (they are the way to go in my opinion).
    It's only been like since April but I found it so hard to just be "no more planning." It seems you get so consumed with it that it's just sad when it ends. So I have taken up photography to fulfil that void. Haha I wanted a hobby after all the wedding planning was over anyway and I have always had an interest in photography. I absolutely am loving it.

How is everything with you? I must go visit your planning thread to see all our pictures.

Edited by kcole123, 10 November 2015 - 09:27 PM.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#6 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,505 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:41 AM

@kcole123 we upgraded to the level at our Melia resort in Cuba for our one year. Looks fantastic and is brand new to this hotel so excited to see what it's like. At another melia it was concierge service and we felt like royalty but by the sounds of it this will be way better. Did you have a different wrist band?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#7 swalker7979

swalker7979
    • 9 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:44 PM

Thank you all so much, this is great info!! We are planning on having both the ceremony and reception on-site.
      @kcole123 the landscaping in the pictures and the garden gazebo are what sold me! Did you find that they had any "hidden" fees not disclosed upfront?

#8 EM1003

EM1003
      • 6 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 22, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:45 PM

@swalker7979 i'm in the same boat as you. did you contact them yet? Just got engaged last month and looking at Melia for next October. I started a topic at Dominican Republic tread. hopefully we can both get more info :)

#9 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:56 AM

Welcome to our forum community EM1003 and swalker7979, and Congrats on your upcoming destination weddings!!! as you can already see, there's tons of great info to help with your planning questions and get you going the right direction :)

Here are some magical destination wedding moments that matter we captured at our Melia in Cancun - to inspire you further.....enjoy!!!

....taken from our ME by Melia Cancun Wedding Album:

62284_437070909486_370262_n.jpg?oh=0ec0b

62284_437070919486_512419_n.jpg?oh=f4241

63883_437071769486_5481204_n.jpg?oh=2ad7

Wishing you happy research, and that you find the best answers to create your Dream Wedding Celebration - cheers!!! team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#10 swalker7979

swalker7979
        • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:46 PM

@EM1003 Congrats to you!! My TA has reached out to them and they have provided information on their packages, venues, etc. I am really leaning towards them and I need to make a decision soon. Do you have a date yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users