Photo

Destination With About 40-50 Guests With Budget Of 7K. Is This Doable?

2016 Brides Budgeting Beach Weddings

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Vjohana

Vjohana
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:22 PM

I just got engaged and I have no idea where to begin. I am open to all places, not just Mexico. However I'm under a pretty tight budget under $10k. Ideally $7k. Is it doable? For an all inclusive ?

#2 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,506 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:15 PM

Welcome and congrats!

Is your budget of $7k for wedding alone or for your trip as well? For wedding alone that's very doable if your guest list isn't extensive. Ie 100 people.

Finding the resort is the hardest part and a travel agent will be your best friend. They will help narrow down location and resort based on pricing, your wants list, and wedding packages. Also can get you a group rate and sometimes hotel perks!

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#3 Vjohana

Vjohana
    • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:39 PM

Hi All,

Last Saturday, I was engaged to the man of my dreams and I couldn't be any happier. Out situation is tough because we have a large family, not much money to spend, and we are in a long distance relationship so we opted for a Destination wedding. I do not really know where to begin and have been trying to do some research on my own. 

Here are some details:

- We want to get married end of July/ August 2016 (tight deadline).

- We are thinking of having about 40 - 50 guests.

- We really want an all inclusive resort. 

- We are thinking Mexico but are open to ideas

Is a $7K budget really doable? This would include our wedding packages, resort, and travel. We would have the guests pay for their travel and resort costs and would ideally love to find something affordable for the, We are young and inlove and unfortunately not rich. :(

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. 

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:50 PM

@Vjohana 

$7k is a little tight when you take out your travel costs but it is not impossible because there are some resorts that offer "free" weddings and private events if you have a certain # of rooms/nights booked through a group block.

Also, we have a promo running where we give back up to $1000 back to the bride and groom for airfare.  So if you take advantage of the different promotions out there it is doable.

If you want more info, you can email us at info@wrighttravelagency.com or use the submission link in my signature.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:31 AM

Congrats on your 2016 dw coming up Vjohana and welcome to our forum community!!! you've come to the right place to find lots of helpful info to assist you with your planning decisions - so well done :)

Mexico is a very popular destination choice for lots of wedding couples, and you can see why when you look at these magical wedding moments that matter we've captured in our magnificent Mayan Riviera......taken from our Cover Photos Album:

12109790_10153682859529487_4869403078968

12109810_10153677938589487_5335644766497

11951533_10153610355409487_3502002007315

Hope you find all the answers you're looking for, and Enjoy your journey ahead - cheers!!! team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#6 Vjohana

Vjohana
        • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:10 AM

Thank you everyone for the wonderful advice. I think the hardest part is trying to figure out how and where to start my destination wedding planning :) There seems to be a lot of useful information on here!

#7 malyna

malyna
          • 346 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:03 PM

Mine is 6k for the wedding alone for 40 people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 lorishultz2016

lorishultz2016
          • 64 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 16, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Trying to figure that out
          • LocationKeller tx

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:14 PM

I would start by getting a,Travel agent they could really help deciding where you want to go.

#9 Vjohana

Vjohana
          • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:54 AM

Thanks! Does anyone have a good recommendation for a travel agent? I have been working with a local one but I am getting the feeling they are not very experienced in DW. 

#10 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
            • 667 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
            • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
            • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:42 AM

@Vjohana where are you located? I have a great TA that I'm working with who is just outside of Toronto. All of our correspondence is via email and phone. She really has been the best decision I've made in planning our wedding. Let me know if you'd like me to give you her contact info. 

If you're from the US, Wright Travel through this site is great and I'm sure they would be a great asset to have.

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Budgeting, Beach Weddings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users