I Think We Finally Picked A Resort For Our Wedding ! The Moon Palace !
Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:47 PM
My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/
Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:28 PM
@perianjay is also a fellow Palace bride (Beach Palace) but has been to Moon and has been such a great help with my wedding planning
Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:41 PM
Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:18 PM
We are Palace Resort specialists. I won the top producing travel agent award at their annual conference about a month ago.
I would love to answer any of your questions. We are at Moon Palace a lot and have a VIP account with them so our weddings get great service.
- acw271011 likes this
Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com / Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion
Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition:
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award) | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read! If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email email@example.com.
Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:20 PM
Welcome to our forum community Sam1214, and Congrats on your upcoming Moon Palace wedding - yeh!!! As you've already seen, there are lots of great resouces here to help with your planning questions - so well done on getting off to a great start
To show you what a gorgeous venue you've picked, here are some magical wedding moments that matter we captured there at recent weddings .....enjoy!
Taken from our Moon Palace Wedding Album 1:
Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM
Edited by Moments That Matter, 05 November 2015 - 12:21 PM.
- acw271011 likes this
Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya
Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do: MTM Reviews
Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!
We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
100% Deposit Guarantee
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:52 PM
Congrats on becoming our next Moon Palace bride sister! I was just married there this past June. I've been there once before with wedding. Its a beautiful resort and it is massive. It's really like 3 resorts in one, but pretty easy to get around.
As planning goes you will see sometimes it does take the planners a while to get back, but they will eventually get back with you.
we had 34 guests. All our guests stayed in Nizuc side. We did the complementary package. 4pm ceremony at Tucan Gazebo, 5:30 pm cocktail hour at Tucan Garden and 6:30pm reception at Tucan Terrace. Add-ons: horse & carriage, 1 extra hour to the reception and ipod system with 2 speakers and 1 extra tier to the cake. We didn't add any extra lighting and there was enough light on our terrace. Yes we wanted to get lights around the palms and overhead but figured we be fine without it.
1) One tip when you go and have your first meeting with your on-site is to make sure you have your vision on paper or pictures. Especially if you are bringing your own décor. If you only tell them, they can't read your mind and cannot see your vision.
I made and brought all my own décor. I made on word a sample of exactly how I wanted all the guest tables, sweet heart, cake, guestbook tables set up. Then I labeled all the items as well which doing this made it a lot easier for my coordinator to figure out how to set it up.
2)Don't stress... everything came out perfect, couldn't be happier. The only hiccup we had was we decided to use the ipod method for our cocktail hour/reception. The only issue with that is the tech that is there for setting up speakers/sound does not work the music for you. You would need to designate one of your own guests to do it. Our guest was too busy having fun and messed it up twice. It was no big deal though.
3) Look into what night your wedding is on. If the Nior night club is open that night suggest to keep your party going and head there after the reception. That is exactly what we did. My hubby actually paid for the VIP upper area of the club where you have to order bottle service. We had that entire upper floor to ourselves and 34 guests. I think he paid $800 for it. Otherwise if you wanted to just do the bottom floor of the club its free! When we were there it was open Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat I believe.
4) Advise your guests of the resort credit program and send them the information about it and how to book their spa/ golf/ tours prior. If you don't book prior to you arriving it could all be booked up. All my bridesmaids and myself used our credits for hair/makeup on the wedding day. We also, used them to swim with the dolphins excursion off site.
5). Book the horse and carriage ride for your entrance!!! Everyone was so surprised and loved it. It even made my groom cry when we rode by.
6) Don't worry about the seaweed. Yes unfortunately there is a lot of seaweed this past summer there, not sure if there still is. When we went 2014 it didn't have any or much at all. It has not always been an issue, but all of that area of Mexico is getting hit with it. Its not the resorts fault, big seagarsum issue since last few big hurricanes that hit there. The Mexican government is trying to help all the resorts clean it up. Moon does its best to clean it up, they usually do it 3-4 times a day. For best spots on beach with less seaweed for pictures is closer to the grand side. We actually did our first looks by the pier (between Sunrise/Nizuc) and there was lots. My photographers had us stand on the sea wall and it helped hide it in pictures. Really there is so much to do and the pools are awesome. Plus you can always take a cab for about $30 to Sun or Beach Palace to use for the day. The current at those comes in differently so they don't get as much seaweed/ any and its that pretty blue green water.
7) Another tip, make sure your guests either have facebook messenger or viber. Advise them in advance that since the Wi-Fi is free to turn off all their data on their phones and to use those apps to communicate with each other. I had 34 guests and that made it so much easier for us to all get together. Also, try to pick one pool area and stick with that so if your guests go off on their own they know where you may be later on hanging out.
8) must do restaurant Arrecifes its the Brazilian restaurant. We had all our guests meet there after our rehearsal. If you do eat there make sure to get the Mayan Coffee after dinner!!! the waiters will come up with different alcohols, coffee, ice cream, etc light the alcohol and do this neat presentation to make the coffee drink. After our guests seen my groom and mine made - everyone all 34 wanted one!! so yummy..
9) right after you check in make sure to find out where the honey-moon desk is and register there. They ask for your room number and give you t-shirts. They also will ask you when you want to set up your private dinner. I believe they only do those Tuesdays and Thursdays. We weren't able to do ours because our wedding was on Tuesday and Thursday we had our TTD session so we missed out on it. We did get honeymoon cake and extra bottle champagne surprised in our room and the honeymoon breakfast you actually pick out your menu choice before you arrive. Your coordinator will send you the info and you will send her your choices.
10) Keep all your emails from your different coordinators. Understand the packages and rules may change after you sign your contract. If so, and what is part of your contract is better make sure you keep it all in writing just in case they try to change the price or something. If you have it in your contract they will grandfather it in and honor it.
Also, understand that what some of us prior brides had in our packages is different than what is offered now. so if you hear about someone having something included or price is different ask when they got married and understand rules/regulations change each year.
If you want ideas or see pictures I have a bunch in my gallery. Just click on my profile pic to go to my page. I just recently got my professional pictures back and my TTD session back so I'll be posting those soon as well. Happy planning!!!
Edited by misbosox, 07 November 2015 - 01:53 PM.
Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:29 PM
I'm getting married at Moon Palace in June. Welcome!!!
I am actually working with a TA through Wright Travel Agency, I'm working with Teresa. She's pretty awesome and this forum is awesome as well. My wedding fir the most part is all planned out. Please let me know if you have any questions I'd be happy to help
So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users