Hi ladies, as i mentioned earlier... i emailed my WP because I just wanted to make sure that we were securing the best rates and promotions not only for us but for our guests as well. I was also starting to get a little concerned because a couple of our guests told us that they wouldn't be booking with us.
This posed a bit of a problem for us because:
1. We need to meet the minimum 10 room minimum before Nov 30th
2. We want to meet the 75 room night minimum so that we can earn free unlimited private functions with MP (anything below that will give us either 1 two hour private reception or a 1 hour cocktail reception.
3. Any guests attending the free unlimited private functions who are not booked with the group will incur extra charges per person
4. We want to benefit from the 12th room free promotion (24 guests based on double occupancy)
I reached out to get a little reassurance from our WP because I was worried that some of our guests might find lower rates elsewhere with other suppliers...here's what she said:
When you receive a group quote it is an averaged price. This is to ensure all guests are offered the same price--- rather than the first 5 rooms booked be a lower price, and then the other guests get stuck paying a much higher price. This is what would happen for example, if you were to ask all of your guests to book separately on expedia or any other travel site or individual travel agents. The rates and availability wouldn't be held, and once the dates for the flights and resorts were booked by your first few guests, the prices would rise further and further for the rest of your guests. On top of this you would not qualify for group promotions, and you would have to keep track of all details for each guests booking in order to plan your wedding.
This being said-- a few guests may end up finding slightly lower rates if they were to book outside of the group. Usually, however, this is not the case and our rates are still much better than what they can find separately, especially with a resort like Moon Palace that fills up quickly because of their great wedding and group promotions.
I think it made me feel a little better-- and I think there's always going to be a couple people who find one off deals here and there, any other ladies with this sort of experience?
I'm going to really start laying out the details for decor soon, people have mentioned Latin Asia and Gamma. I'm considered bringing a lot of decor down myself as well if it's cheaper but i think i'm going to contact both the vendors and compare all the rates they quote. Does anyone have a catalogue or quotes that I can take a peek at? A couple things I'm looking for:
- ceremony labor/arch
- flowers for the arch
- fabrics for the arch
- lanterns for the aisle
- bistro lighting (string lights)
- rectangular tables (not sure if MP has these already or if they only have round ones?)
- same lanterns for the aisle can be moved to tables as centre pieces
- table runners
Please email me if you do email@example.com