Beaches Boscobel postcards help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:52 PM

So I would like to order postcards thru VistaPrint with pictures of Beaches like a few of you have done for other locations. I am not tech-savvy when it comes to graphics and programs like that. Can someone tell me how to make the pictures the right dimensions for the upload to VistaPrint?

Holy crap, I just noticed I am down to 1,110 posts! I thought I was in the upper half and almost to 2,000. Damn, I better get to posting.

#2 JessicaM

JessicaM
    • Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:07 PM

I borrowed pictures from ladies on here for mine and then added a few things (mainly the wording) in photoshop. Vista print will tell you if the quality or size isnt right. If you need some extra help you can PM me and I can try to help you out if you dont have the program.

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:11 PM

I did mine in Fireworks, you just need to make sure that you have it set at VIstaprint's guidelines. Let me know if you need help Carly, I can set it up for you if you want.
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 Lorilou

Lorilou
        • 533 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:17 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
          So I would like to order postcards thru VistaPrint with pictures of Beaches like a few of you have done for other locations. I am not tech-savvy when it comes to graphics and programs like that. Can someone tell me how to make the pictures the right dimensions for the upload to VistaPrint?

Holy crap, I just noticed I am down to 1,110 posts! I thought I was in the upper half and almost to 2,000. Damn, I better get to posting.
          i used the directions that Morgan posted in this thread
          http://bestdestinati....-postcard.html

it's pretty easy once you pick your photos. Mine have shipped so I can't wait to see them. i'll post once i get them.

#5 Heidi

Heidi
          • 2,642 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:38 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lorilou
            i used the directions that Morgan posted in this thread
            http://bestdestinati....-postcard.html

it's pretty easy once you pick your photos. Mine have shipped so I can't wait to see them. i'll post once i get them.
            great instructions from Morgan!! I never saw that thread before!
            Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:15 PM

I am reading Morgan's post right now, let's see if that helps. I don't have Photoshop, so I will try the PowerPoint one. Thanks ladies! I will let you know if i need help.

Crap, I just realized it's for Power Point AND Photoshop. If I make some stuff up in PP, one of you can help in Photoshop? Thanks a bunch!

#7 Lorilou

Lorilou
              • 533 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:32 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                I am reading Morgan's post right now, let's see if that helps. I don't have Photoshop, so I will try the PowerPoint one. Thanks ladies! I will let you know if i need help.

Crap, I just realized it's for Power Point AND Photoshop. If I make some stuff up in PP, one of you can help in Photoshop? Thanks a bunch!
                i have both. so if you need help once you've organized it in powerpoint, let me know.

#8 Zo-Zo

Zo-Zo
                • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:48 AM

Hey so good to see another bride getting married down at Beaches! So many have used and are using RIU! We are actually getting married on the 7th at the same resort then we transfer to Sandals for our honeymoon. What postcards are you referring to? I am new to this forum so just curious what postcards you were using? How has your planning been?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users