Kaitlyncrossley

Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun March 2016 Wedding

After several months and going through way to many resorts we have FINALLY decided, booked, down payments made, rooms blocked, etc at NOW sapphire riviera cancun for our wedding March 12, 2016!!!! I would love ANY tips and recommendations for this resort or any general tips that you wish someone would have told you! We are getting ready to send out invites even though the people who we really wanted/actually will attend already have all the wedding info. Do you have any recommendations for invites? we are NOT having an at home reception! any DJ recommendations? what did you DIY for your wedding and are you glad you did? How did you save money? did you do guests bags? what were in them? did you do any "group" activities with all your guests as a welcome type thing to get everyone excited/to loosen up?

@@Kaitlyncrossley Congrats on choosing your resort! That's half the battle I think, and something all of the brides here struggle with. There are just so many to choose from. NOW Sapphire is definitely a beautiful resort and one that seems to quite popular with the brides. Having said that, there are several threads on everything to do with the resort and a resort review that are absolutely worth reading. And that's something you'll find you do a lot of here - ready, but it will help you tremendously! I can almost guarantee that any questions you have, have been asked by several other brides and answered so spend some time reading through the site. I've added a couple of threads below for you to take a look at but just type into the search bar at the top for other things and odds are something will pop up.

Good luck!

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/62152-now-sapphire-weddings-formerly-paradisus-riviera/

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/reviews/r/4898-now-sapphire-riviera-cancun/

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/reviews/r/4965-now-sapphire-riviera-cancun/

• Like 1

@@Kaitlyncrossley Congrats on booking your wedding! I am at Now Sapphire a month after you. We've been very happy so far with our WC, Juan Carlos. We also did a short site visit in the spring and really loved the resort (and the menu tasting!). Happy to answer any questions you might have, but haven't actually had my wedding, so may not know much more than you  :)

Most of the questions you did ask are pretty general and not specific to Now Sapphire. I would suggest looking through the forums for those topics - they are all covered in detail somewhere in there. I will comment on welcome bags & excursions. We chose not to do welcome bags, although many brides do them. I simply didn't want the hassle of stocking up and putting everything together and then hauling it all to Mexico  :unsure: Plus we attended a DW a few years back where the B&G hosted an excursion and everyone had a blast, so that's what we're doing prior to the wedding. We've rented a yacht with H2Oh Sun Cruises - we'll go snorkeling, fishing, etc. and have an open bar & full meal on board. We can't wait! 

Is everyone going with photographers through the resorts or are your venturing out with a private photographer? I really struggled with this option. I wasn't thrilled about paying a fee to have a non-resort photographer, but am still getting a better deal with more options than going through our resort. I found Octavio Montes after spending several hours online looking at photography portfolios in the Riviera Maya region. Octavio had several excellent reviews, which prompted me to look at his website www.OctavioMontes.com. I was pleased with his work along with the photography and videography packages he offered. The packages are a great value allowing me to have several hours of coverage for a reasonable price. I am a little nervous not going through the resort, but he has been so communicative via email that I think it will be fine. I look forward to working with him at our wedding in March 2016. Fingers crossed!