• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#31 KBrown

KBrown
  • 23 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 21, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives - Sky Deck

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:42 PM

@KBrown I was really happy with my make up. I upgraded to airbrush and it was totally worth it. It was pretty hot during the day. I also ended up in the pool (most of the bridal party did) and my make up did not run at all...kinda crazy! haha

attachicon.gifIMG_4793.JPG

Me and my bridesmaids with the spa ladies! They were all wonderful and all my bridesmaids were happy with their hair and make up. I had Andrea - she was great!

@snswedding2016 You all look stunning!!! Thanks so much for the picture!!!

#32 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:13 PM

@KBrown Thank you!! No problem - let me know if you need anything else!

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#33 KBrown

KBrown
  • 23 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 21, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives - Sky Deck

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:07 PM

@KBrown I was really happy with my make up. I upgraded to airbrush and it was totally worth it. It was pretty hot during the day. I also ended up in the pool (most of the bridal party did) and my make up did not run at all...kinda crazy! haha

attachicon.gifIMG_4793.JPG
Me and my bridesmaids with the spa ladies! They were all wonderful and all my bridesmaids were happy with their hair and make up. I had Andrea - she was great!

@snswedding2016 did you get a DJ for the reception? How did you find him if so?

#34 Rubyy

Rubyy
  • 6 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 22, 2016

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:30 AM

Hello ladies! I'm so happy to have found this site! We're getting married at AF this summer of July 2016! I couldnt be more excited and nervous as it gets closer! I have something I'm debating on and would love to get some input from you guys. So I got the Memorable Moments pure glamour package & I'm debating on whether I should go down to the Always & Forever since I'm only going to have about 10 guests. I'm stuck in between saving my arm and leg & just adding things to the always & forever or just keeping it. It doesn't look like we'll be having a private event since you need at least 16 ppl so I'm wondering whether I should pay for the MM package. Help! Any tips or suggestions?

#35 sassylouxx

sassylouxx
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:33 AM

Hi @Rubyy xx first off congrats!

I feel like if u don't mind spending that much for only 10 guests then that's fine for you but personally I wouldn't be splashing out on that much when you can save so much more money and u can have your own input and ideas on your decor xx

Sarah

#36 Rubyy

Rubyy
    • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:50 AM

@sassylouxx thanks I appreciate you! That's what I was thinking. Especially since I'm not having a private dinner due to the amount of ppl going so the reception has to have the restaurant decor.

#37 sassylouxx

sassylouxx
    • 17 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:53 AM

@Rubyy your welcome :) I'm bringing my own. Only having centrepieces and chair bows for the reception. I'm keeping the ceremony very simple xx

Sarah

#38 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
      • 667 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:24 AM

@Rubyy I would go with the basic Always and Forever package and just add on from there. You can always add on the elements of the pure glamour package that you love separately without having to have everything that the package includes. You could also pick and choose from different packages (ex. chandelier from pure glamour and chair covers from vintage elegance). It allows you to have more flexibility and will definitely be cheaper for you especially if you're only using it for the ceremony. 

Happy planning!! :)

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#39 Rubyy

Rubyy
      • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:33 AM

@sassylouxx thank you! Have you looked into a photographer? I chose one that the resort provides, hope they do great!

@snswedding2016 Thank you so much for your response!! You all have definitely been a great help to me! Is there spray tanning at the spa? I already set up my appt for hair and makeup there at the spa. I hope my face doesn't melt off, I heard it was very hot & humid there.

#40 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
      • 607 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:34 AM

@Rubyy I agree 100% with @snswedding2016! That's actually what we are doing. We have 50+ people and it was just too expensive to go with one of the packages so we added what we needed and are bringing most of our decor. You can literally add anything you want from one of the MM packages individually - I like that you can customize it as much as you'd like.

I don't know if there is spray tanning at the resort - it isn't on the spa package so I would assume no. I personally would be very scared to spray tan due to the amount you will be in the water, the sweating, etc. I plan to tan in beds before we go so I have a nice glow for our wedding.

Edited by ashhtayy, 14 February 2016 - 09:37 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Cancun Riviera Maya, Playa Del Carmen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users