Azul Fives By Karisma Brides 2016

@@KBrown I have Maribel and she is who I've spoken with on the phone and via email. Her English is perfect.

Thank you! It's so helpful keeping everything in one spot and having the ladies offer their feedback. There was a female spreading some hate on my thread recently but don't let her bother you. Steph and Sofi both had BEAUTIFUL weddings their recently. The both have threads and reviews too. Most of what I know about AF I learned from them!

• Like 1

@@ashhtayy

I never saw any of the hate? Why would someone do that? Really some people just need to grow up.

I will have to check those brides out as well. Like I said I'm having a bit of trouble navigating the forum lol.

The reason I asked about the English was because when I first booked I thought I spoke to my WD and her English was very broken so hard to to understand. Her emails are perfect so I'm wondering if I spoke with someone else. This is why I have been so hesitant to call. My final details due date is on Sunday and I have about three emails with questions I have sent with no reply yet. If I don't hear back Friday I think I will call. Thanks for all of your help through this ;)

@@KBrown Good that you didn't see it. It didn't seem to have a lot of validity to it. Not worth your time or mine :) Our weddings will be beautiful!

If you search @@snswedding2016 and @@TinkerSofi you'll come across their threads. Read through them! Steph got married on the Sky Terrace and Sofi also got married on the Sky Deck so they'll be information there that will help you.

And don't worry about having issues. I used to know how to start a thread and now for the life of me I can't figure it out haha

If your final details are due Sunday they should have scheduled calls with you. I'd go to the Karisma site and use the live chat. Tell them your wedding ID number and say you'd like someone to get back to you asap as your details are due Sunday. I could be wrong but I don't think the Miami office works weekends. That means you'd need to get everything sorted today or tomorrow. Not trying to scare you but I'd try and get through to them now if Sunday is your deadline. Good luck!

• Like 2

@@KBrown Good that you didn't see it. It didn't seem to have a lot of validity to it. Not worth your time or mine :) Our weddings will be beautiful!

If you search @@snswedding2016 and @@TinkerSofi you'll come across their threads. Read through them! Steph got married on the Sky Terrace and Sofi also got married on the Sky Deck so they'll be information there that will help you.

And don't worry about having issues. I used to know how to start a thread and now for the life of me I can't figure it out haha

If your final details are due Sunday they should have scheduled calls with you. I'd go to the Karisma site and use the live chat. Tell them your wedding ID number and say you'd like someone to get back to you asap as your details are due Sunday. I could be wrong but I don't think the Miami office works weekends. That means you'd need to get everything sorted today or tomorrow. Not trying to scare you but I'd try and get through to them now if Sunday is your deadline. Good luck!

@@ashhtayy Thanks!! So good to know! Im going to do that right now actually!!! 

Thanks!!! 

@@KBrown do you have your WC's direct extension in Miami? I would call that and be persistent, they have to prioritize your wedding since it is coming up soon. If you can't get her directly or feel like you're leaving messages without a response I would call back to the main wedding department line for Azul Fives and speak to someone directly there (even if it isn't your personal WC). The live chat like @@ashhtayy mentioned is great - I had a lot of success with it getting info I needed quickly. 

Edited by snswedding2016
  • Like 1

For the reception what have some of you done for a head table?

Did you have your bridal party all sit together? I saw they have retangular tables and I was thinking of doing that for the head table then round for the guest. I have 10 people in my party including us, bride and groom, and was thinking about doing the Imperial table for 10 people. Now im thinking it probably sits 10 people, but 5 on each side and not everyone on the same side facing the guests. Hope this makes sense and someone can help. 

We did a sweetheart table and then the bridal party sat with their significant others. The reason why we did that was because we only had 30 guests and it would have been 7 of us at the imperial table, so I felt like the rest would have looked a little empty. 

Certainly give them a call to finalize your details before you pay. I didn't have a final call, I think it's something new that they do now. I would go through your summary in detail and make sure you're paying for the right things. Don't make any payments unless everything is correct. They take a long time to refund your money so you don't want to give them extra. I paid $200 over and they took so long to refund it that I just spent it at the spa at the resort :)

Also, we didn't pay before my deadline. No one was answering my e-mails so I paid about a week late. They didn't say anything. I wouldn't be too worried ;), especially if you've been trying to get a hold of them and they are the ones not answering. 

• Like 1

We did a sweetheart table and then the bridal party sat with their significant others. The reason why we did that was because we only had 30 guests and it would have been 7 of us at the imperial table, so I felt like the rest would have looked a little empty.

Certainly give them a call to finalize your details before you pay. I didn't have a final call, I think it's something new that they do now. I would go through your summary in detail and make sure you're paying for the right things. Don't make any payments unless everything is correct. They take a long time to refund your money so you don't want to give them extra. I paid $200 over and they took so long to refund it that I just spent it at the spa at the resort :)

Also, we didn't pay before my deadline. No one was answering my e-mails so I paid about a week late. They didn't say anything. I wouldn't be too worried ;), especially if you've been trying to get a hold of them and they are the ones not answering.

@@TinkerSofi @@snswedding2016 thanks so much for the info ladies. I spoke to my WC today and she was like ohh I'm in the middle of emailing you back. She Didn't have much to say at all and was just so blah. Everything looks pretty good now with the details so I'm not stressed or anything! I'm so excited though. When did you both meet with the coordinators on the resort? How long did it take? Edited by KBrown

@@KBrown We arrived on a Wednesday, onsite coordinator meeting on Thursday and wedding on Saturday. Our meeting was pretty short and sweet. I made a set up document that went through every detail of the set up for every wedding event we had and sent it to the onsite team and my WC in Miami before we left for Mexico. Our meeting we just verified all the info and added a couple of little things. I think our entire meeting was 45 min!

Just a heads up that they will come by the day of the wedding with the weather report and you'll need to make a decision about going ahead with your plans or moving to the back up. They make you sign a waiver and you have to decide usually by 12pm. I thought they only did this if there was a high chance of rain but they come by regardless. I wasn't really prepared for this so thought I would let you know. I wanted my husband to weigh in on the decision so I had to get my bridesmaids to track him down and get him to the spa and look at the other way so he wouldn't see me haha!

• Like 1

@@TinkerSofi @@snswedding2016 thanks so much for the info ladies. I spoke to my WC today and she was like ohh I'm in the middle of emailing you back. She Didn't have much to say at all and was just so blah. Everything looks pretty good now with the details so I'm not stressed or anything! I'm so excited though. When did you both meet with the coordinators on the resort? How long did it take?

we met I think on the third day we were there. The appointment took a couple of hours and you will really go into all the details then :). The main thing for now is for you to have all the things you have to pay for, but then you go over your timeline in detail and you will get a chance to make any last minute changes if you wish.

We signed the waiver, but as I was getting my hair done Lucely came over (our coordinator) and told us the forecast was clear so we would go ahead and do everything outside. That was such great news. Then Claudia, the Lomas coordinator, asked me if I wanted to add chair covers from the vintage elegance theme for the ceremony for $100. This was also as I was getting my hair done and I said yes. We had 35 chairs and I thought it was a good deal at the time. I was glad I did that because I didn't have much decor, and it added a nice touch when I got up there :)

@@KBrown We arrived on a Wednesday, onsite coordinator meeting on Thursday and wedding on Saturday. Our meeting was pretty short and sweet. I made a set up document that went through every detail of the set up for every wedding event we had and sent it to the onsite team and my WC in Miami before we left for Mexico. Our meeting we just verified all the info and added a couple of little things. I think our entire meeting was 45 min!

Just a heads up that they will come by the day of the wedding with the weather report and you'll need to make a decision about going ahead with your plans or moving to the back up. They make you sign a waiver and you have to decide usually by 12pm. I thought they only did this if there was a high chance of rain but they come by regardless. I wasn't really prepared for this so thought I would let you know. I wanted my husband to weigh in on the decision so I had to get my bridesmaids to track him down and get him to the spa and look at the other way so he wouldn't see me haha!

@@snswedding2016 @@TinkerSofi thanks ladies so much. You have been so helpful :) any other tips you think of or anything I should please share :)

• Like 1