Destination - August 2016? Help!

Natandjeff

Jeff and I met in Cuba 7 years ago. We are both from GTA Canada. 2 years before he popped the question we thought about getting married in the Caribbean! All of our friends and family can't wait! We expect between 70-100 to come!

We met on August 24th! So we would like to get married on the same date!

We have looked at many resorts! But everything is so expensive! I'm trying to find a resort which will only cost our guests between 1500-1800 Canadian 5 star, all inclusive! Is this possible? We do not prefer Cuba for our wedding due to poor variety of food and connection service ie. wifi

Where is the best place to go in August and a good bang for your buck?

So far my fave is Grand Riviera Princess in Mayan Riveria, but the cost is $1900 per person. Help!

• Like 1

Welcome!!

I got engaged in Cuba so that country will always have a special place in my heart ... And well it's gorgeous.

I agree with @

You should find a good travel agent. They will be able to get you a group rate for all your guests that could probably drive the price you see online right into your budget range. August is also off season so it's possible those prices will go down in a few more months. It's still almost a year away!! Also with a group rate and those types of numbers you may see a lot of perks from your airline and possibly your resort, if the one you end up choosing does that sort of thing. (Ours had a free wedding package but lots give you free events or services) Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 1

@@Natandjeff Congrats!

I would definitely speak to a Travel Agent like @ and @@calgarybride2015 said.

I was able to get my rate for 7 nights from Apr 26-May 3, 2016 at the Grand Bahia Principe Coba in Riviera Maya for $1259 pp.  It's a 4.5-5 star (depending where you look) So it is definitely possible.  I got my quote from Total Advantage Travel & Tours in Toronto.

Good luck & keep us posted!

• Like 1

Welcome to our forum community Natandjeff and Congrats on your upcoming dw!!!

Our magnificent Mayan Riviera is certainly a very popular choice for wedding destinations and offers amazing options for everyone's spending plans!!!

You can see what a beautiful backdrop the Grand Riviera Princess would make for your wedding day love story in photos as seen in these magical wedding moments that matter we captured there... Grand Riviera Princess Wedding Album:

10991598_10153088036004487_7192033829563

10984165_10153088037854487_9786199568320

10495823_10153088039654487_3785513967959

Wishing you happy research, and a wonderful journey ahead - cheers!!! team mtm :)

Jeff and I met in Cuba 7 years ago. We are both from GTA Canada. 2 years before he popped the question we thought about getting married in the Caribbean! All of our friends and family can't wait! We expect between 70-100 to come!

We have looked at many resorts! But everything is so expensive! I'm trying to find a resort which will only cost our guests between 1500-1800 Canadian 5 star, all inclusive! Is this possible? We do not prefer Cuba for our wedding due to poor variety of food and connection service ie. wifi

So far my fave is Grand Riviera Princess in Mayan Riveria, but the cost is $1900 per person. Help!

Thank you all for you comments.

I am speaking with three travel agents actually!! ..shh haha

So far - $1850 per double occupancy is the best price for Aug 21-27 at Grand Riviera Princess!

The search continues!!

I just really want white sand and turquoise water as the back drop :)

That's great. A good travel agent should be able to steer you in the direction of more resorts that fit your wish list :) also start doing some research (if you haven't) into weddings at the resorts you have your eye on. This will help

Narrow things down even further as all may not fit your dream or your budget :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@Natandjeff you definitely would want to get intouch with a travel agent.  as @@calgarybride2015 mentioned its in the low season and you would be greatly getting some off season prices.  Your price range is doable!  

Happy Planning!

Congratulations on your engagement :) You have a really good range of budget. I agree that TA will give you way better rates and update you on current promotions each resort has.

@ and @@deecol would you please pm me the direct contact to your TA's. Im currently looking as well. Thanks