Photo

Recommendations For Wedding Photography & Videography?

2015 Brides 2016 Brides Dominican Republic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sarah0025

sarah0025
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

I would like to know of any recommendations people may have for a good videography/photography team?

#2 Katharina00

Katharina00
    • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:34 AM

Hello,

I just booked the Weddingroll team http://weddingroll.eu for my wedding...after reading about them in people's wedding reviews, and looking at their portfolio I completely fell in love. Their prices are really amazing, too! I've been emailing with them the past few days, and they are always very friendly. 

Edited by Katharina00, 16 September 2015 - 08:38 AM.

#3 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:06 PM

@sarah0025 Congrats and welcome. You don't say what country you're looking to find a photographer. I'll guess since you're on this site that it's for a wedding.

The best thing would be to go to the top of the page and click on Vendor Reviews then click on Photographer Reviews. There are a lot but you can narrow it down by country. The second thing would be to take a list from the Vendor Reviews and go to each of the respective websites and look at what they have. Everyone is different in what they like and don't like. Some photos might speak to you, others might not. Then contact the ones you're interested in for pricing and see if they're even available for whatever date you have in mind.

Good luck!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 MarieSamSanchezPhoto

MarieSamSanchezPhoto
      • Moderators
      • 123 posts
        • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:20 PM

Definitely check out the vendor reviews section here in the forum! Also, things to consider when you're looking for a photographer/videographer:

-- Figure out what style of photography/videography you are drawn to

-- Set aside a budget range that you're willing to invest in photos/videos (you may need to adjust this accordingly as you start to look into teams you are drawn to)

-- Decide whether you want to hire someone local to your destination area OR do you want to hire a team that may be local to where you live and fly them out? (I did this and it worked out great!)

Also make sure to contact your resort/wedding venue and check and see if you're allowed to bring in outside vendors. Some places will either require that you use their specific set of recommended vendors or they'll require that you pay an outside vendor fee -- definitely something to consider when you figure out your budget!

Hope that helps :) (I should write a blog post about this!!! LOL) 

MARIESAM SANCHEZ PHOTOGRAPHY
        BLOG: www.mariesamsanchez.com/blog
        CONTACT ME: mariesam.sanchez@gmail.com

063cb5c8-dbda-4822-87fe-ba3c0ebcdb7f.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, 2016 Brides, Dominican Republic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users