#311 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:53 PM

Awesome!! You're next!!! Yay!!!
You'll get it all done with time to spare. It'll help pass time :)
Hahahah off topic but LOVE your runners :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#312 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:29 AM

Haha thanks @calgarybride2015 I love bright gym clothes and shoes. Pumps me up lol!

That's definitely one plus of having so much to do! Keeps me busy! I gave Col a to-do list yesterday, putting him to work! :)

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#313 cruisebride2016

cruisebride2016
  • 120 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 13, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica during Western Caribbean Cruise
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:00 PM

@deecol Good luck with your fiance doing the to do list :) If he is anything like my fiance, expect each task to take at least twice as long as it would take you to do it.

event.png

#314 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:15 PM

18 Days until we say I DO, 11 Days until Mexico

I've been super busy since my last update, after meeting up with the lovely gta brides from here, we met up with a group of my friends from high school this weekend - they got us a cake, cards & gifts, special shots lol, it was such a fun night and an amazing way to celebrate with them since they won't be in Mexico with us.  Since then we've just been pushing through our to-do lists and Col's doing surprisingly well with his.  I can't believe how close we are!!!

COMPLETE:

• Dress alterations
  • Music chosen - Prelude Music, Bridal Party Entrance, Bride's Entrance, Document Signing Music, Recessional Song, Father/Daughter-Mother/Son (doing the same dance)
  • Picked up beach bags from Total Advantage
  • Passport renewed
  • Groommen's suits sent to UK for tailoring
  • Wedding wishes & marriage application & Guest list sent to WC
  • Sent new bridesmaid's details to WC for marriage application
  • Confirmed ceremony and dinner details with WC
  • Confirmed photo package with photographer
  • Booked eyelash extension appt, mani, pedi, hair dye, & waxing appts before leaving
  • Card box
  • Painted table numbers
  • Ring box
  • Wedding day timeline
  • Centrepieces: vases, flowers & candles purchased
  • Bought garter and sticky boobs with weekend
  • Ties
  • Initial travel vaccines complete
  • Email to guests regarding wedding day attire etc sent out
  • Gift for new bridesmaid
  • Hair Trial
  • The remaining 40 beach bags have arrived, I need to meet my girlfriend this week or next to pick up They are in my possession and absolutely perfect
  • The remaining phone cases arrived last Friday - Phew!
  • I Spy - Printed

Attached File  I Spy photo.JPG   118.48KB   5 downloads

• Tags for champagne bottles bubbles - printed in both pink and silver.  Will be using mostly pink with 1-2 silver tags on each table (had a little smearing-printer mishap)

Attached File  Bubble tags photo - pink and silver.jpg   146.16KB   5 downloads

This was a practice tag, tried to tie them onto the bottles at first but they just slide right off.  We will be sticking onto the bottles when we get to the resort, but this is how I imagine them looking:

Attached File  Bubbles with tag.JPG   99.08KB   6 downloads

• Col's suit alterations - he picked up his tailored vest on Thursday
  • Paper Fans - my Mom randomly messaged me and asked if I wanted her to buy some paper fans! She ordered white paper fans and they arrived last week along with the foot jewellery she ordered
  • Engraved the bridesmaid flask gift with her name, "Bridesmaid" and "04.30.16"- It's hard to find someone to engrave Col's tungsten ring so we are going to leave this alone for now, can always do after the wedding if we really want to
  • Bought batteries for the walkie-talkies, an external charger, bug spray & sunscreen,& a selfie stick

IN PROGRESS:

• Welcome letter & social media signage complete - printing this week
  • MC Script - need to write out
  • Seating Chart - this will be in progress until the week before, still working on a way to display
  • Shopping - Clothing for Mexico, Back-up white dress for reception, Outfit for bachelorette
  • Tanning
  • Packing List - started writing
  • Downloading Songs - Everything has been downloaded except about 40% of the reception songs - Col and I are finishing this weekend and loading to the DJ Wedding App
  • Packing - I did a bunch of shopping for the little things we need while we're there and have been putting things I've come across aside so I can say I've officially started parking, will be taking out my summer clothes and packing more this weekend

TO DO:

• Exchange currency
  • Buy a selfie stick for the go-pro - Col is on the search
  • Timeline for photographer and specific shots, to print out pictures as examples as well
  • Assemble binder or correspondence for the WC
  • Send an invite for the wedpics app to the guests who haven't already joined - sending this weekend
  • Col to buy belt and cufflinks
  • Thank you speeches
  • Second round of travel vaccines this weekend
  • Waiting for Cake Topper to arrive - will prepare back-up next week if still not here

Can I also just say how amazing you girls are!  After all your offers to lend me your veils & hair pieces, @Wafflesmom is shipping me the Wally Bag @perianjay sent to her - Sisterhood of the travelling Wally Bag.  Honestly, you ladies have made this experience so incredible for me and this process would have been so different without you.  Thank you!  xoxoxo

Edited by deecol, 12 April 2016 - 06:15 PM.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#315 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:54 PM

Love the bubbles idea. Awe a great addition to the first dance. That's great your mom got you some fans :)
I got my self stick on groupon but I've seen them at Michaels. Man I wish I had one for our wedding now!! It won't be long now!!! Can't wait :)

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#316 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:20 AM

Aww! that's what we are all here for!! I think that the amount of support we get/got on this forum has been amazing and I can't even really articulate it into the right words, but I feel the exact same about my experience on the forum. I'm so glad that the Wallybag worked out afterall ;)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#317 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:41 AM

@deecol Your list is almost done! How amazing does that feel? I can't believe you leave in just over a week. SO exciting! I saw the pic you and Perian posted and you look like you have the perfect tan right now - so pretty!

#318 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:32 AM

@calgarybride2015 I hope the guests use them! If not, they still look super cute. My moms been a lifesaver lately, she's so excited she just keeps texting me emojis lol

@perianjay right?! It's hard to explain but you ladies have been beyond incredible to me. The sisterhood of the traveling Wally Bag!!!

@ashhttayy I am so happy my list is getting shorter but I also want it to be done lol. I'm being super ambitious but I hope to have it all done by Sunday night so I can just drink wine, workout and pamper all week (not in that order lol), maybe squeeze in a massage if I can. Thanks for noticing!!! I've been working on my tan, didn't notice it on myself until I saw pictures too.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#319 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:34 AM

15 Days until we say I DO, 8 Days until Mexico

Little updates - I'm trying to fly through this list!  (And keep myself organized by posting)

COMPLETE:

• Dress alterations
  • Music chosen - Prelude Music, Bridal Party Entrance, Bride's Entrance, Document Signing Music, Recessional Song, Father/Daughter-Mother/Son (doing the same dance)
  • Picked up beach bags from Total Advantage
  • Passport renewed
  • Groommen's suits sent to UK for tailoring
  • Wedding wishes & marriage application & Guest list sent to WC
  • Sent new bridesmaid's details to WC for marriage application
  • Confirmed ceremony and dinner details with WC
  • Confirmed photo package with photographer
  • Booked eyelash extension appt, mani, pedi, hair dye, & waxing appts before leaving
  • Card box
  • Painted table numbers
  • Ring box
  • Wedding day timeline
  • Centrepieces: vases, flowers & candles purchased
  • Bought garter and sticky boobs with weekend
  • Ties
  • Initial travel vaccines complete
  • Email to guests regarding wedding day attire etc sent out
  • Gift for new bridesmaid
  • Hair Trial
  • The remaining 40 beach bags have arrived, I need to meet my girlfriend this week or next to pick up
  • The remaining phone cases arrived
  • I Spy - Printed
  • Tags for champagne bottles
  • Col's suit alterations
  • Paper fans
  • Engraved bridesmaid's flask
  • Bought batteries for the walkie-talkies, an external charger, bug spray & sunscreen,& a selfie stick
  • Social Media SignPrinted & going in silver frame on welcome table, Photo of Col & I for tableUsing one we have of us watching fireworks, putting into a second silver frame for the welcome table - I'll try to remember to post a pic of these
  • Welcome letter & social media signage complete - Printed

Attached File  Welcome Letter & 2nd Page - Photo.JPG   107.88KB   6 downloads

• MC Script - Printed, will go over with him in Mexico
  • Timeline for photographer and specific shots - Printed, Examples of photos & style - Printed & Booking Confirmation - Printed
  • Assemble binder or correspondence for the WC - Printed and in a file folder, with Photographer documents
  • Welcome Bags - Col & I put together welcome bags for the adults and split them between the people who are helping us transport to Mexico, as we are not on the same flight as anyone, my sister will give out some at the airport, the rest Col & I will give out there.  It worked out super perfect where we had 25 black drawstring bags for the 25 males and needed 25 beige totes for the 25 females (we have about 50 of the beige), I'm so glad each guy gets a black bag, these were provided by the travel agency and we were only supposed to get 19, didn't realize until we counted them last night!  We used the extra stickers we had from our vista print invitations to seal the envelopes.  Contents of beach bag: welcome letter, I Spy, phone case:

Attached File  Putting Welcome Bags Together - Photo.JPG   128.27KB   6 downloads

Oh!  And got the two kids coming a pool floatie, the boy is 5 and the girl is almost 2:

Attached File  Floaties for Kids - Photo.JPG   135.65KB   7 downloads

IN PROGRESS:

• Seating Chart - we decded to do place cards, my girlfriend from work who does custom designs has my guest list and is writing all the names this weekend, these are the tags from Party City:

Attached File  Place Cards.png   273.89KB   6 downloads

• Shopping - Clothing for Mexico, Back-up white dress for reception, Outfit for bachelorette - this weekend
  • Tanning
  • Packing List - started writing
  • Downloading Songs - Everything has been downloaded except about 40% of the reception songs - Col and I are finishing this weekend and loading to the DJ Wedding App
  • Packing - Going through summer clothes tonight
  • Waiting for Cake Topper to arrive - I purchased a back-up from Party City that is really similar if the other doesn't arrive

TO DO:

• Exchange currency
  • Buy a selfie stick for the go-pro - Col is on the search
  • Send an invite for the wedpics app to the guests who haven't already joined - sending this weekend
  • Col to buy belt and cufflinks - this weekend
  • Thank you speeches -this weekend
  • Second round of travel vaccines this weekend

Col made a little joke yesterday "Who do you think has done more for the wedding?"  and when I just looked at him he said "Me right? Yea I thought so too".  He makes me laugh  :)

I'm hoping to have this list completed by this weekend - I actually think it might be possible!  Will keep you posted!

Edited by deecol, 15 April 2016 - 10:42 AM.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#320 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:50 AM

@deecol you are in such great shape!!! I can't believe how close you are to leaving! Time is going to fly by and you'll be in paradise in no time! Can't wait to see it all together! :)

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users