@ashhtayy I’m so happy I can help with my to-do list – I’ve used some of the girls here as well and it’s so helpful! I think the hair and hair piece will work really well with my dress too! Thank you J
I like option 2 for the bubbles as well!
@snswedding2016 I cannot believe how close we are!!! I’m trying to get through my to-do list as quickly as possible lol. I think the hair piece with really suit my dress too!
@krystalball Thank you – I think the hairpiece will work really well with my dress to! I’m sure you will look amazing with or without a hair piece J You are leaving in a couple days! I can’t wait to see all your pics and hear all about it at our next meet-up when you get back!
@acw271011 I can’t believe I’m next! Time is flying!
Please do not apologize, I hope everything is okay and looking forward to seeing you this Friday!
I really hope my friend does come around, breaks my heart to think of her going through this without me but I don’t think I’m the person she wants to be friends with at the moment, I hope in time we can connect again. The veil situation definitely hurt, it’s worked out for the best as I am super happy with my hair piece but the whole taking back action was painful for me. You ladies are so amazing, I can’t believe how lucky I am to have connected with you all, you have made this experience that much more special for me.
Really hoping I can keep us this momentum and get through my to-do list! From the pictures I’ve seen, the ceremony location looks partially shaded… I’ll speak to the coordinator when I’m there to make sure it’s not too hot to stand on but I think we’ll be okay!
I’m really happy with my centrepieces too! I didn’t realize I had this “heart” theme happening and then it all came together!
We have decided on doing the final dance together to Rod Stewart’s “Have I told you lately”. It takes the pressure off and I feel like this way our guests won’t get “bored” and have to sit through 2 dances. My mom’s a bit jealous that she doesn’t get a special dance but we’ll just have to cross that bridge we get to it…
Col and I mainly decided on having the legal ceremony so that we just had the “one” date. Initially we were going to have a legal ceremony here first but changed our minds, hoping it all works out! The first all-inclusive I ever went to was at the GBP in Dominican, and I loved it! They're a great chain!
Thank you for your encouraging words! I’m trying to stay focused and positive and am just so looking forward to getting to Mexico! Especially after this April storm we had!
26 Days until we say I DO... 19 until Mexico!
We had two more guests book over the weekend, and one looking for a last-minute deal - so we now have 50 guests (48 adults, 2 kids) not including Col & I.
I wasn't as productive while Col was away as I had hoped to be, I got a few things done but it was mostly appts and girls nights... I am still happy to have crossed a couple things off:
Music chosen - Prelude Music, Bridal Party Entrance, Bride's Entrance, Document Signing Music, Recessional Song, Father/Daughter-Mother/Son (doing the same dance)
Picked up beach bags from Total Advantage
Groommen's suits sent to UK for tailoring
Wedding wishes & marriage application sent to WC - sent updated Guestlist with new guests
Sent new bridesmaid's details to WC for marriage application
Confirmed ceremony and dinner details with WC
Confirmed photo package with photographer
Booked eyelash extension appt (thanks to @perianjay for her recommendation), mani, pedi, hair dye, & waxing appts before leaving
Painted table numbers
Wedding day timeline
Centrepieces: vases, flowers & candles purchased
Bought garter and sticky boobs with weekend
Initial travel vaccines complete
Email to guests regarding wedding day attire etc sent out
Gift for new bridesmaid: - Get engraved
- Beach Bags - my girlfriend dropped off at my place this weekend, they are perfect!
- Received half of the phone cases (we split the order in 2 to avoid shipping costs and I'm still waiting on the second half to arrive... However, they are really great cases, durable, and I was able to fit my large iPhone 6 inside, punch in my code and access the camera while it was in the bag. I got them on eBay from the seller chgogoby - lots of great reviews, free shipping and the bags cost 99cents for 2, but it does take a while to arrive, I ordered on Feb 17th.
Phone Case.JPG 131.17KB
- My new bridesmaid picked up her dress, tried it on, she looks amazing and she loved it! She is having it only slightly altered and hemmed
- Cake Topper - waiting to it to arrive, need to prepare back-up
- Welcome letter, I spy & social media signage almost complete - putting the last final touch and hoping to print this week
- MC Script - need to write out
- Seating Chart - this will be in progress until the week before, still working on a way to display
- Clothing for Mexico - bought a couple dresses and a pair of bikini bottoms last weekend, so I'm good for swimsuits
- Packing List - started writing & Pack!
- Second round of vaccines the weekend before we leave, followed by the last round 4 months later - appointments booked
- Tags for champagne bottles bubbles that will be put on the tables - "To fill the air with a little romance, Please blow these bubbles while we have our first dance" - Printing with welcome letter etc
- Downloading Songs - I've decided to download 10-15 songs each night, hoping this strategy helps me get this done!
- Col's suit alterations - he is bringing into a tailor near his work this week to have the vest altered
- Tanning - 2 times a week
- Confirm rehearsal ceremony timing and date with WC - communication with them is not the easiest
- Paper Fans - still deciding on these - Pushing this to the bottom of the to-do list and not too worried if it doesn't happen
- Engraving - both our wedding bands and the flask - I'm having difficulty finding an engraver who will engrave tungsten and not charge an arm and a leg, might not engrave our bands at all or just do it when we get back... will bring the flask in this week/weekend to have engraved
- Exchange currency
- Buy a selfie stick for the go-pro, batteries for the walkie-talkies, an external charger, bug spray & sunscreen among other things
- Timeline for photographer and specific shots, to print out pictures as examples as well
- Assemble binder or correspondence for the WC
- Thank you speeches
- Back-up white dress for reception
- Outfit for bachelorette - can I just say the girls are going all out for this, it's an all day and night thing and I have no clue what's happening except they are getting flower crowns for everyone to wear - I'm excited!
- More shopping
- Send an invite for the wedpics app to the guests who haven't already joined the weekend before we leave (April 16th)
- Once songs are all downloaded, load onto Wedding DJ App
I laid everything out on my bed last night to show my friend and I was so happy how it is all coming together! It really hit me last night how fast the date is approaching!
Edited by deecol, 04 April 2016 - 09:16 AM.