• 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

Woohoo!!!!! In the double digits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#212 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:21 PM

@deecol  LOVE the bouquet! You totally rocked it with those little flowers, and the bout too!! They'll be gorgeous in your photos!!  (hope the tea was tetley, or something else as good! not the horrible stuff you buy here!)

Yay to double digits!!

@calgarybride2015  I agree!! @perianjay needs to keep her Pandora obsession!!  There are just oo many cute beads and charms to put on the bracelets! Plus now I think I need to investigate rose gold....

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#213 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:35 PM

@deecol congrats! A few wise brides once told me time goes by more quickly the closer you get. Must feel great knowing you've accomplished so much. Lots of excitement to look forward to :)

#214 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:22 AM

@acw271011 Thanks Ann!  I love the way they turned out, those little flowers really finished them off.  haha I was drinking a tea from David's tea, I'm slightly addicted to that place.

@calgarybride2015 @acw271011 @ashhtayy omg double digits!  It came so fast!

@ashhtayy I feel like I still have a million things to do but I'm glad I look composed and accomplished on the outside lol!   So much fun stuff happening!  My bridal shower is in 2 weeks... and then it's just going to fly from there!

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#215 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:46 AM

Update:  Centrepieces and Beach Bags!

I only have a couple of updates, I've been really busy planning my shower which is next weekend!  Time is flying!

I scored some silver mercury glass candle holders with LED lights for the guest tables:

Attached File  Votive with Light.JPG   125.65KB   9 downloads

I am working with the resort to hopefully split up my brides bouquet that is included in my package and put in vases in the centre of the tables along with my sparkly table numbers that I still need to paint and the candles.  Right now they want to charge me $10USD each to rent the vases... based on the weight and price I may just bring my own.  So my image is silver candle holders, sparkly metallic silver table numbers and a vase with white and pink flowers for each table.

The travel agency we booked with (Total Advantage Travel) supplies custom bags and will provide one free bag for each booking.  I made a simple logo before Christmas and sent to them, today they sent a mock-up for approval:

Attached File  TA Beach Bags.JPG   28.04KB   8 downloads

We will have 19 bags like this that we will give to most of the guys as it's more of a masculine bag, and my girlfriend who works in textiles is confirming with me this weekend if she can have about 40 tote bags with our logo printed to supply the rest of the guests.  We've asked for these to be in white/cream with text in black.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#216 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:17 PM

@deecol Again, great score with those votives and LEDs. They're so simple and small (great for packing!) but they add so much to the decor. I think you'll be so happy you got them.

Hope you found some time to relax this weekend and you weren't totally consumed with bridal shower prep. You must be getting excited for it! I hope your girls step up and take good care of you - you deserve it!

#217 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:03 AM

Thanks @ashhtayy! Even Col agreed the candles complete the look. I'm going super simple and I think they add a really nice touch.

This weekend was a busy one - went out and got the favours, a dress for the shower, picked up the guys suits to send back with Col's mom - the guy gave us the wrong vest so I have to go swap it on Monday after I have my dress fitting... Col is so amazing. He is helping me so much with this shower, doing all the running around for me, arranging for my mom and sister to get to our place, and he has Friday off so he's doing all the last minute grocery shopping I was going to do on Saturday night. So now I can come home after my lunch and nail appt with Col's mom and relax and start to prep things. He saw how much I was stressing and how much I was let down and totally took charge.

I'm going to post pics of my shower and all the details, it's been as much of my planning as the wedding itself so I'm happy to share and give any inspiration for others planning showers. And of course after my dress fitting on Monday! I can't wait :)

And thank you girls @ashhtayy @perianjay @acw271011 @krystalball @Meandhim @snswedding2016 for listening to me on Friday :) you're the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by deecol, 01 February 2016 - 07:24 AM.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#218 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:54 AM

Those mercury glass votive holder will be perfect! We absolutely loved them and we used them for our welcome/rehearsal dinner as well. They photograph really nicely :)

$10 USD is SO STEEP for vases! That's like $14 canadian per vase. You could get them way cheaper here and just do what I did, wrap them up in fabric/bubble wrap and then transport them in your carry on. I brought all of my breakables in our carry ons and nothing broke at all. I brought mason jars for vases and I was so happy I did. They aren't nearly as delicate as anything else and they also fit with my overall look and vision. You can glam up mason jars really easily - spray paint works wonders. I used clear masons for my guest tables and I spray painted some gold for the head table. 

Also just a tip since we're on this topic. If you are bringing any frames with pictures make sure to leave the glass at home! haha

I wish I had remembered to remove the glass. Nothing broke, but it would have been nice not to worry about it and also if the glass is left in the picture frames it creates a glare on them at night time when your photographer starts using flash. Just a tip!

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#219 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:58 AM

@perianjay So smart!!!  Thanks for the tips!

I thought $10USD to rent a vase is pretty steep too!  I can definitely find something cheaper here.  And I didn't even think about the glass in the frames!  Thanks so much :)  

Edited by deecol, 01 February 2016 - 07:59 AM.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#220 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:52 AM

@perianjay Oh, great tip about leaving the glass at home. I had thought about how that would work transporting it. Not sure why I never considered just leaving it at home lol 

$10USD for vases is steep. I'd for sure bring your own. Plus, you'll likely find ones here for cheaper that you like more than anything you could rent there. I am also using mason jars and have purchased the spray paint but have yet to use it. Any spray painting tips @perianjay? Last time I chalk board spray painted the bottom of wine glasses it got really messy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users