deecol

Deecol's Planning Thread - Gbp - April 30Th, 2016

@@acw271011 I know exactly what you mean!  I'm going on my lunch hour today because in addition to all my own planning I've decided to throw a little surprise bachelorette gathering for my best friend - so going to see what I can find.  I saw these super cute bachelorette solo cups when I was there on Wednesday but I didn't buy them, hoping they are still there.

I bought 3 big beautiful pink roses.  They look gorgeous with my lilies!  I need to arrange them properly and may add a couple more to it - will post a pic soon!

Edited by deecol
  • Like 3

@ hi! sorry i know this is not your official planning thread but i was just reading through and noticed you are doing champagne sequin table runners. I plan on doing something similar, either light gold or champagne, and deciding between chevron or regular. Where did you get your table runners? i ordered some samples from this Etsy seller: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1064332107but im just worried because I definitely want the sequin to be delicate and not too tacky. thank you! 

@@maria1488 I ordered my table runners from Chair cover factory. If you google them they are easy to find and they always have really fair rates and the quality is pretty good too. When I looked on Etsy they were all very overpriced.

• Like 1

@@deecol awesome find! I get intimidated at Michaels. You ladies walk around finding deals and inspiration, I just get so overwhelmed. I can't wait to see your flowers all together

• Like 3

My Recent Michael's Finds and Some More Planning

Bridesmaid Dresses:

Thanks to @nkavanaugh I purchased my Bridesmaid's dresses from Lulu's.  They are the Royal Engagement Dresses in Coral Pink, after taxes, shipping and the US exchange rate I got each dress for $110 CDN. I covered the cost as part of their bridesmaids gift.

My sister is really fair skinned, and my best friend is Southern Italian, the colour of this dress suits both of their skin tones perfectly.  This is the medium, both Melissa and I are 5'7.  They were bit long so the girls will need to get them hemmed.  The bust is supportive (no bra worn in this photo), the waist and butt area has lots of room, the waist is a bit tight and doesn't have much give.  Maybe I'm baised but if I was a bridesmaid in a beach wedding I would totally want to wear these, which made me super excited for my girls.  This is me trying on the dress:

post-281751-0-94657400-1442940346_thumb.jpg

I've asked them to wear flat, silver sandals for the reception, they can choose whatever they like as long as they show me first. Neither of them are huge chunky jewellery people so that will be kept to a minimum as well.

My Hair:

At first I pictured my hair down, curled and a flower (hence the flower in my picture with my dress).  Then I tried on the veil, and then my best friend sent me this and it was so me:

post-281751-0-71963400-1442940653_thumb.jpg post-281751-0-47149000-1442940667_thumb.jpg

I often throw my hair up in a bun and I love the simplicity of the look.  My dress is pretty busy at the bottom and the top is open, so my hair being in that big beautiful bun and with the veil I think it would be perfect.  Plus I don't have to really think about it during the day.

My girlfriend who does my hair regularly is coming to the wedding, she will be doing my hair for the day, along with my bridesmaids and Mom.

I am also doing my own make-up - I have always hated getting it done and I'm quite good with that sort of stuff.

Recent Michael's Finds:

Although I need to check on a couple items with the resort for decor, I started picking up a few things:

Silver Frames @ $3 each to place on the front table (if there is a front table - TBC) with either pictures of Col & I or some sort of signage.

post-281751-0-97956100-1442941274_thumb.jpg

Letter Initials @ .25 cents each that @ suggested I spray paint silver and place on the front table that I'm hoping exists.  If it doesn't, I will keep black and use in my home.  Couldn't lose at that price.

post-281751-0-43247400-1442941494_thumb.jpg

As mentioned, I'm making my own bouquet.  I picked up these gorgeous roses @ $4 each:

post-281751-0-02290400-1442941540_thumb.jpg

And started working them in:

post-281751-0-78799700-1442941574_thumb.jpg

I need to work on the arrangement and may add a few more small, closed, pink roses.

Coming up:

• Colin has asked his brother and cousin in London to go and be measured this weekend.  This week and weekend we'll be looking into some options, hoping to have this sorted within a month's time
  • Downloading the wedding music app this weekend and start loading reception songs
  • We are planning on sending out a final email to the guests that have not booked in the beginning of November to make them aware of the RSVP date

• Like 5

Beautiful!!! That dress is gorgeous and I love it. I still wish I went with a dress like that for my ladies because the one person who was dying for us to get convertible dresses is now no longer in my bridal party haha.

I think for the bouquet you could maybe even add a few pieces of greenery? It would probably really pull it all together. I love the florals they are super nice. I'm thinking of adding a few of these to my bouquet. I bought them at michaels for a pretty decent price and I was going to add some to my centrepieces and my bride's bouquet..

post-281478-0-23411500-1442942984_thumb.jpg

post-281478-0-96261100-1442942995_thumb.png

I think it's called lambs ear.. the name of this particular leave. The ones I bought are pretty similar. They are a light fuzzy green.

Not sure if this is something you're open to or even wanted, but thought i'd let you know :)

• Like 4

@ That's a great idea, thanks!  I haven't thought about adding greenery before!

Edited by deecol
  • Like 2

Love those dresses. If they had been mentioned before my wedding I would have looked into them too, if they have a short version :)

I think if you want a table at the entrance they'd do that for you :)

Great finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@@calgarybride2015 For sure - I just need to sort out the particulars.

Thanks!  I've been lucking out at Michael's lately, even picked up some stuff for the best friend's bachelorette.

• Like 3