Deecol's Planning Thread - Gbp - April 30Th, 2016

77 days until we say I Do!!!  and 70 until we leave for Mexico!

For anyone who's friends with me on FB & IG you know I've had a busy week!  My soon-to-be MIL and her friend have arrived safely back in London and I've had a chance to catch up and look through all my photos so here is a bit of an update:

Bridal Shower

After a lot of stress and tears (my GTA meet-up girls know the stories), I had the best bridal shower I could have ever imagined.  We had about 18 ladies attend, my sister was a star and completely took charge that day, my girlfriends came early and left late to help with set-up and clean-up and Colin was just incredible, words can't describe how lucky I feel to have him.  My Mom even made up with my aunt (my Dad's sister, who was her MOH) and that was the cherry on top!

I made a couple picture collages from some of the highlights of the day:

post-281751-0-48125600-1455388396_thumb.jpg

1st pic: cupcakes and flowers my Dad sent :)

2nd pic: My favours, egg cups I got from Stokes with either "Mrs" or "Mr" filled with pink, black and gold Lindor chocolates

3rd pic:  My favour/gift table complete with traditional Italian confetti candy and a memory box - my mom sent an index card with each invitation and asked the girls to write a memory they had of me

4th pic:  The ladies completing a Bridal Word Search my Mom put together, the other games were "What's in your purse", a board with 10 pictures of me and the guests had to guess my age in each picture, and when Colin showed up with flowers we played a game where he had previously answered 21 questions and I had to guess the answers he gave, for each one I got wrong I ate a giant gumball... I got 8 wrong lol, made the mistake of thinking like him when I should have thought like me, because that's what he was doing... needless to say those pictures aren't very flattering lol

post-281751-0-17485300-1455388762_thumb.jpg

1st pic:  My mom painted a bottle of champagne with chalkboard paint and had my guests sign with a silver/gold sharpie.  I now have this beautiful keepsake and Col and I can open on our first anniversary or whenever :)

2nd pic:  The future Mr and Mrs Rowe after he arrived with flowers for me, my mom and his mom.  We got giant helium filled letter balloons, they were the perfect photo backdrop and everyone loved them!

3rd pic:  Me and my litte mums :)  I look like a giant lol, I'm only 5.'7 and was wearing heels... 

My best friend's mom can't make it to our wedding and gave us an early present:

post-281751-0-43741800-1455389150_thumb.jpg

We (I) was having trouble deciding on a cake topper... I think this is absolutely gorgeous and perfect.  We may possibly exchange for one they have that the brides hair is darker and in a bun, so more similar to mine but the groom's hair is longer, and Col's is more similar to this one.  I'm most likely going to stick with this one.

Dress Fitting

I picked up my dress on Monday with my MIL (she bawled, then I bawled...), I had the corset added and it's perfect :)  It's the only alteration I needed and I can't wait to wear it!

post-281751-0-03474300-1455389434_thumb.jpg

Guest Count

We had 4 more adults book in the past couple of weeks.  2 from Australia and 2 from Canada.

That brings our total to 49 guests (47 adults, 2 kids, including Colin and I).  We have 4-5 who are still potentially booking.

Canadian Flight Change

A little disruption for my Canadian guests this week.  They were meant to fly from April 26-May 3.  Air Canada decided to cancel the return flight on May 3, so my guests now have to decide if they want to travel from April 25-May 2, or Apr 26-May 2 and be reimbursed for 1 night.  Not the worst thing that could happen but some people might have difficulty switching the days they booked off from work.  My flight attendant is dealing with everything (I would hate to be her right now) and some of my guests including my Dad have connector flights from Ottawa and Alberta so she has to figure all that out, I'm still getting some questions from my guests, but again, worse things could happen.  I'm going to scrap the welcome drinks I had planned to have on the 27th, because now after Col and I arrive on the 23rd, we will already have 4 guests there, some arriving on the 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, and potentially the 28th if Colin's friend from Florida decided to fly in then.  It's kind of exciting having someone new arrive every day, but basically means I'll be handing out welcome bags for 5/6 days straight lol

I think that's all for now!  I'm now going to catch up on all the other threads I've been missing out on  :)

• Like 5

@@deecol I love hearing about your shower. Sounds like a great combination of sentimental & fun. And your dress looks amazing on you. That sucks about the flight change, but you're right, it could be worse. I just read about someone on FB who's flights got pushed out by 3 days on both sides (although I don't think they had made final payments yet)! I don't know what I'd do?!?

• Like 1

Thanks @@vancouverpetunia!  My shower was exactly that - sentimental and so much fun!  It was in the party room of my building which looked classy but had big comfy seats so it was really relaxed as well!  We had all finger foods too and lots of sweets, so there was no structure, which I liked.

I love my dress!  Now that the final fitting's done, I really need to get strict with the diet!!!  Tone up those arms!

Oh goodness, I don't know what I would do either, I feel bad for my guests now.  But yes, could be worse.  My travel agent (super nice but a bit ditzy) messed up the wording on the email and my guests were sooooo confused!  I had to call her and be like "listen, I know what you're trying to say but not everyone else does..." lol.  Just need to stay positive  :)

• Like 2

So glad your shower was memorable. Looks like you had a blast. Hehe my friend had the gum game and like you had a mouth full - so fun. Glad people made amends and it was a good time for all!!

Your dress is gorgeous and you look fantastic in it :)

I'm shocked this close to the date AC is making changes to their flights. Is that considered off season already? Ugh sorry you are going thru that. We had AC cancel our flight as well but we booked before the final flight schedule had come out and were warned. They cancelled ours in June though for January so not so close. Thankfully like you we had the travel agent to change all the connectors and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@deecol

So happy your bridal shower was perfect and happy to read those closest to you stepped up and let you enjoy the moment. Colin sounds like a sweetheart – you two are lucky to have found one and other J

Your dress looks BEAUTIFUL! Where are you storing it? Do you have it at your house with you and Col? I think I would peak at it every day if it was in the house…and then randomly try it on at all hours of the day lol

Exciting about your new guests! You are going to have a great size wedding. I am so excited to have everyone in one place for a week. I am also so interested to see how everyone interacts. Because we live across the country from one and others family and friends a lot of people haven’t met. Mike and I always talk about who we think will hit it off right away. Our fathers won’t meet until our wedding in Mexico – crazy!

Sounds like you’re taking the flight change like a champ. New guests each day of the week sounds fun but handing out welcome bags every day does not. Are you using WhatsApp to communicate? Maybe you can have someone from each group message when they leave the airport to head to your resort so you’re not waiting around the lobby? Just a thought so that you can enjoy your other guests and the pool as much as possible J

Looks like you’re in great shape! Did you decide what you are going to do for vases? Rent or bring with you?

• Like 3

Your shower looked so fun and your mums are so cute. Col looked so cute in all the pics and you two look so in love!! I have to hand it to your mom, I love the champagne bottle idea. Such a lovely keepsake too. And that's a beautiful cake topper.

Ok so you are gorgeous in your dress! Col's jaw is gonna drop when he sees his beautiful bride walking down the aisle.

And I commend you on how well you're taking the whole flight change. I would have freaked out but I'm a worrier lol

• Like 3

Yay! Your shower pics are great. I love those gold foil balloons! super cute!! :) I'm really glad that everything turned out well and you got the support from your family and col <3

@@ashhtayy on your note about interaction.. that was the most pleasant surprise of our whole trip I think. A lot of people that I honestly didn't even know if they would hit it off, did and it turned out so well. Chester's cousin and my mom didn't know each other before the wedding, but now my mom and dad are planning a trip out to Alberta to go see her and her husband. Destination weddings bring people together. it's awesome.

• Like 2