Valentinemrs2Be - Let The Fun Begin - February 2016 Puerto Rico

For those of you who read my intro thread you know I was supposed to have gotten married on 9/5/15.  We had to postpone because my FH is going through very intense cancer treatment in another state from where we both live.  August was a rough month.  Last weekend was even tougher but we are OK especially as his weekly test results keep showing the cancer is disappearing.  YAY!  He's not 100% yet but he is on his way.  

My FH was adamant that he wants to marry me ASAP.  He originally wanted to do so by the end of 2015.  We thought about the JOP and then having a reception later on but decided that we wanted to be married in a way that was more intimate and special for us.  So he said let's do a DW and invite only immediate family and let's do it in Puerto Rico (Vieques). 

Well I knew if we were going to get married by the end of the year I'd have to start planning right away.  I put out a few feelers with wedding planners in Vieques and resorts/hotels for December 2015.  Yeah...no.   It wasn't so much that we couldn't find a day to get married but finding accommodations and flights that didn't require a second mortgage was going to be difficult.   So my FH said let's go for 2/14/16 of next year (Valentine's Day) and so here we are.   ;)

We've got a lot to do in a short period of time but I am confident that we will get it done.  First thing I did was hire a wedding planner in Puerto Rico. I had originally tried to get Sandy Malone with Weddings in Vieques but she was booked for our date.  The team we hired are awesome.  I love everything about them.  So far we've had excellent communication via email.  We hired them to do EVERYTHING as most likely we will not be able to visit the island until the wedding day.  They are all about telling your wedding story and start off by asking their clients to complete a very detailed questionnaire to get to know the styles and personalities of the bride and groom and what the couple envisions for their wedding event.  From the responses they build a story board and works with the client throughout the planning process to make that storyboard happen. I love it!

So high on their list for me to secure right now is the minister, photographer, and venue.  I can't wait to see what options they come up with.  I LOVE weddings and planning has never been a chore for me so I am looking forward to this process.  And, honestly I need this to keep me occupied.  This week was supposed to by my HM.  :(  I miss my FH so much and can't wait for all of this to be over with.  I see him on weekends but it is never enough and it is hard for us to part.  

OK.  Enough.  Let me find some of my inspiration pics and post them for safe keeping.  

Before the pics I forgot to give some background info on our wedding.  

No of guests:  20 (including me and my FH)

Wedding style:  sophisticated romance

Location:  Somewhere in Puerto Rico (LOL).  I'd like to be on the water but open to just views of the water or a lovely garden or terrace space

Budget:  $20k - $25k (we'll see)

When we postponed our 9/5/15 wedding ALL of our vendors were so amazing.  They gave us credit for everything we paid and agreed to move our contracts to another date.  We were urged by family and close friends to have a formal event where we say our vows and have a reception.  My FH chose the AHR date too.  It will be held on March 26, 2016.  The AHR is all planned.  

Here is my dress.  I had intended to use it for my reception gown before the postponement.  I think it is perfect for a DW. My shoes I am still debating and, of course, depends it the DW will be on the beach or not.

fedc048005573926a9e0e02767848080.jpg

2e77b32918e29914f71a3283d2be625f.jpg

696be61fd48182132cf1399aa4b3e0a0.jpg

• Like 5

Couple of reception inspiration pics:

1c851981dafe4989e2ee73a250729af0.jpg

Stylish-Destination-Island-Weddings-Rece

Couple of bouquet pics:  I told my wedding planner I would like to use soft pastels for the wedding but that is not set in stone.  I love jeweled tone colors too!  Decisions, decisions...

d37450f728a544b6de008dfd7fb50045.jpg

71d734866cfde501f19f8109d9d894d8.jpg

Couple of cake inspiration pics:

I LOVE cakes.  I may need to get one just for me.  LOL!

cf37e1e3246a69dbb727ce35b7b2d1a5.jpgBack to Destination Wedding Planning Journal

75f22aa1fcdebc24d08e99caa082d0d3.jpg

• Like 4

My wedding planner is off and running.  Because we only have 5 1/5 months to plan we are behind the eight ball for sure.  I am also super nervous since the date we chose is a popular one and it is during the high travel time in the PR.  The priorities right now is the book the officiant, photographer, videographer, and of course the venue.  This past Saturday we had a FaceTime session.  She presented me with two to three possible vendors in all planning categories.  We looked at the priority vendors together and I had her look at my Pinterest boards so she could see how I am envisioning my wedding.  I really like how engaged she is and how detailed she is being with me.   This week we should hear back on availability for the venue and photographer.  Oh, and I booked the officiant on Friday after speaking and interviewing with him over the phone. We are off to a good start.    

• Like 2

By the end of this week I will have my photographer and hopefully my venue.  The venue I want is available.  YAY!  My planner visited the site this past weekend and called me via FaceTime.  The venue's event manager was there as well.  They showed me where the ceremony and reception would take place as well as showed me the grounds.  I am super excited.  We are just waiting on the proposal now and then the venue is a check!  

• Like 3

My photographer is booked.  YAY!  The venue proposal came in last night.  The estimated cost is great.  I am so happy with it. It is based on a hypothetical menu but the intent was to give me a number to work with.  I also had a few follow up questions. So now I am just waiting for the answers including the deposit amount to secure my date and then the venue is a definite check.  YESSS!!!!  

One thing I am a bit bummed out by is the cake.  I just completely didn't think about the fact that I would be in a tropical place and getting a buttercream wedding cake would not be a good idea.  Thus, I have to get a fondant iced cake. (**Sigh**)  I know it will be a pretty cake but as a cake lover I really want to be able to eat ALL of my cake.  LOL!  You can't eat fondant too well. Oh well.  

• Like 2