RivieraBride15

Rivierabride's Planning Thread 10/27/15

@@RivieraBride15 Sorry to hear about your dress issues and the resort communication!  I've heard countless brides say that everything just comes together once you're there.  So as hard as it is right now, try not to stress too much.

Are there any threads for your resort on BDW where other brides might be able to weigh in?

@@deecol

Actually, I made some progress with them last night.  Once I said let's start from scratch they started to work with me a little.  WIth the info that I was given about the sunsets, I was able to set some times. 

Here is what they gave me:

4:00 - ceremony

4:15 - 5:00 photos

5:00-6:00 cocktail hour

6:00 reception

Feeling a little better about things!!

• Like 5

@@RivieraBride15 Great to hear!!!  I've scheduled my ceremony for 4pm too.

Must be such a relief!  Everything will be great!

• Like 1

@@RivieraBride15  Are you using an outside photographer, or the resort's? I agree with @@calgarybride2015  That sounds like a tight photo schedule. We're in the same boat as you. We're 6 including hubbs and me and we're having our renewal at 4:30 because we lose the light at 6:15 or so. Your ceremony won't last more than about 15 minutes and for group shots with a small number it won't take long but 45 minutes does seem a bit tight if you want shots of just you and the new hubby. Could you maybe shave just 15 minutes off the cocktail hour? I'm using a coordinator that uses this site and she suggested a couple of shots, letting guests go on ahead to the restaurant and having a half hour or so on our own, then joining them at the restaurant for the last half hour or so.

Don't know if something like that would work for you or not. Just a suggestion, maybe something to think about.

• Like 1

Our friend, who is also our photographer, will be doing our photos.  Any photos of rings, dress, etc...will actually be done the day before the wedding to get those out of the way.  As for the cocktail hour, guests will go ahead and we will join them after our photos are done. 

I made it very clear, since we have so many people that can't make it....that my photos are sooo important to me.  So I will take as much time as i need to get those done :)

• Like 1

Great! That's what is most important! Something like that is too important to be pushed with timing!

Congrats! The time will go quickly!

I was just reading back through your thread and wondering which resort you picked? I can't find it anywhere. You're just a week after us and 2 weeks after @maybeoneday  October is a popular month!

We are getting married at the Catalonia Riviera Maya Resort.

It sure is a busy month and will be here before you know it, we leave for Mexico 5 weeks from tomorrow!  :D

• Like 2