RivieraBride15

Rivierabride's Planning Thread 10/27/15

@@RivieraBride15 Love your Story about how you met, and got engaged! And that Dress! It is so pretty on you! I cant wait to see it altered on Sunday! I can't believe you lost 30lbs! That is such hard work!!! Way to go! I've been trying for months..but you must have the determination! Your cake topper is awesome! So funny and cute!

You only have 40 something days left! you must be totally excited now! Cant wait to read /see more :)

• Like 1

@@Meandhim

Thanks!! I can't wait to see it with all the alterations being done! Losing the weight wasn't too, too bad.  I did the Stillmans diet and on that the weight pretty much falls off up to a point.  Once I hit a lull, thats when I really started to kick butt with my walking and watching what I am eating. 

• Like 1

@@RivieraBride15 Contracts on your upcoming wedding!

I am so sorry about the loss of your brother, that must be so hard.  Both him and your fiancé's brother will for sure be there in spirit, hopefully having a toast up in the sky for you two!

You look amazing in your dress!  Congrats on the weight loss that's incredible - we have a support and accountability group here on the forum that a bunch of us are in, all trying to look and feel amazing on our big days, feel free to join us - would be great to have someone who's accomplished that goal in the mix!

Can't wait to see your dress after the fitting and the rest of your planning :)  xo 

• Like 2

Here is the frame I put together to honor our two brothers.

post-279902-0-65648400-1441993330_thumb.jpg

I went with the black frame to match the frame that we are using for our sand ceremony. So, once the ceremony is complete...behind the photo you will see layered white and pink sand. Minus the blue tape, that's the plug that I know I will lose if I remove it lol.

post-279902-0-77885200-1441993430_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Well, no dress pictures from today's fitting. I put it on and instantly knew something wasn't right. It still needs to be taken in on the one side and they couldn't figure out what the problem is but the material underneath was all bunched up. I go back on the 7th for my next fitting and hopefully they will have everything figured out by then. Getting awfully close to the big day.

• Like 1

So, my wedding planner replied to a list of questions that I had sent her.  One of them was about making my hair appointment, she in turn asked if I wanted to swtich my ceremony time as 2pm can be hot.  I asked for her suggestion and she said 4:30 as 5 is too late because the sun starts to set.  Here is my concern, if our ceremony is at 4:30 and then we have an hour long cocktail hour (which we want to attend) and then do photos before dinner.  We will never fit everything in before the sun sets. 

I am trying SO hard not to get frustrated but it feel like I am pulling teeth.  They want their money within the next couple of weeks, but I don't know what I owe as they haven't given me the checklist to start picking.  In my last email I did ask when we would start working on those details.  Mind you, we are a smaller group...7 of us and it seems like everything she says 10 people and up.  Really hope I am reading into everthing too much, because between this and my fitting yesterday...I feel like my head is going to explode!  -_-

Rant over lol

• Like 1

Hey, I just did a quick search of the sunset time on October 27th and it says 6:15pm....which means no later than 6:30pm it will be dark outside, if not by 6:15pm. They just lose the light there.

So if you have your ceremony at 4:30pm-5:00pm, then you spend the entire cocktail hour with your guests, I don't feel you will have enough sun for pictures.

Generally the rule of thumb is to have your ceremony 2 hours before sunset, but that is for the ceremony and pictures, I don't believe they take into account you are having a cocktail with your guests.   

Since you have a small party, I think you have some wiggle room as group pics won't take you very long, but if you want to have an hour cocktail party with your guests, then an hour or so to have photos with your husband, I would probably suggest starting at around 3:30pm ish.

3:30-4:00pm ceremony

4:00-5:00pm cocktail hour 

5:00-6:00pm photos for you and your spouse

Here is what we did - we lost light around 5:30pm in January...

3:00-3:30pm ceremony/toast

3:30-4:00pm group/family photos

4:00-5:00pm my guests had cocktails/mariachi and we did our bride/groom shots

5:00pm reception

(I had originally booked for 3:30pm but I was nervous they wouldn't be on time and we wouldn't have enough sunlight, so I bumped it up just to make myself less stressed -- of course they were on time)

Hope that helps some!

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 3

@@calgarybride2015

Thank you for this....I wonder why they are pushing the 5pm time for sunset then?  That's what had me in such a panic. I see a lot of issues with their way of planning, and I am such a planner it's getting hard to stay relaxed during all of this lol. 

• Like 1

@@calgarybride2015

Thank you for this....I wonder why they are pushing the 5pm time for sunset then?  That's what had me in such a panic. I see a lot of issues with their way of planning, and I am such a planner it's getting hard to stay relaxed during all of this lol. 

It might be because she is not sure of exactly your plans? I have no idea.

I kind of came up with a schedule thru seeing brides posts on here, then I sent it to my WC and my photographer for suggestions.  Generally it was the photographer who helped me square it away. Is that an option for you, to ask your photographer?

• Like 1