4 replies to this topic

#1 lorishultz2016

lorishultz2016
  • 64 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 16, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Trying to figure that out
  • LocationKeller tx

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:38 PM

I really want to do my own flowers but wondering about traveling with them. Has anyone did either of these. And if so how did it go.

#2 MarieSamSanchezPhoto

MarieSamSanchezPhoto
  • Moderators
  • 123 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:25 PM

I actually had a real-touch flower bouquet made by a local vendor here in Southern California and then flew with them, and then a family friend made our centerpieces for the wedding reception. Everything traveled extremely well, it's a matter of packing your florals correctly with enough cushion so they don't get flattened out. And then also the willingness to "fluff" them and fix them should you need to once you arrive to your destination. It's totally a great idea if your destination is a place that either doesn't carry the flowers you want or if they're simply too pricey. Also a good option if you want your flowers to look exactly how you envisioned. Surprisingly for me, having my flowers made was actually much more affordable and now I have wonderful keepsakes as well :)

Here's a photo of my bouquet ...

mariesam_tommy_1460.jpg

MARIESAM SANCHEZ PHOTOGRAPHY
    BLOG: www.mariesamsanchez.com/blog
    CONTACT ME: mariesam.sanchez@gmail.com

063cb5c8-dbda-4822-87fe-ba3c0ebcdb7f.jpg

#3 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
    • 603 posts
      • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

I really want to do my own flowers but wondering about traveling with them. Has anyone did either of these. And if so how did it go.

@lorishultz2016

It really depends on where you are getting married, if you enjoy DIY and you have time.  I do not see why it would be impossible.  I ┬┤ve had in the past a bride fly from the UK to have a DW in the Riviera maya , and had her own bouquet made from artificial flowers only because she wanted to keep it afterwards.   The centerpieces were real flowers made by a local florist.

hope this helps

Happy Planning

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
      weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
      http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
      Joyce

#4 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
      • 2,217 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
      • LocationCanada

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:12 AM

Hi! I did all fake flowers except for my bouquet. I just put them all in a carry on and brought them down. They were fine when we got there :) 

Our resort charged way too much for natural flowers, which is why we went the fake flower route. If your resort charges you something decent, or if they let you work with an outside florist that can give you good prices I would go with natural flowers :). Our resort didn't let us use another florist. 

Attached Files

event.png

#5 kelbiiz11

kelbiiz11
      • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:59 PM

Hi! I did all fake flowers except for my bouquet. I just put them all in a carry on and brought them down. They were fine when we got there :)

Our resort charged way too much for natural flowers, which is why we went the fake flower route. If your resort charges you something decent, or if they let you work with an outside florist that can give you good prices I would go with natural flowers :). Our resort didn't let us use another florist. 

Great!!! I like it... thanks for sharing...

7m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users