• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

#81 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:04 AM

@maybeoneday Yikes! I'm a small person and I don't think I could function on only 600 calories. Although I know what you mean. Lately I've been struggling to eat enough calories and then I have to find healthy snacks at the end of the day to hit my goal. I know under eating isn't good so I need to be better about eating more too. Lets do this!

@Janjin Aw thats so cute that your FI made you pancakes! I'm not sure mine even knows how to do that haha. I'm lucky if I get a cup of coffee in the mornings from him haha. Eating out has also been my FI and I's weakness. We went to vancouver just about 3 weeks ago now and we've only eaten out I think once since we've been back. I don't know what changed but we've been really diligent at making dinner at home and eating healthy. It definitely helps the bank accounts!  

@perianjay We all have slip ups. But it's how you recover from them that makes the difference. Take this week to make healthy choices and get back on track! You can do it! 

Thats so awesome @JoannaBanana You should be so proud of your 33lbs. You are so close to your goal! I know you can do it!

@calgarybride2015 don't feel discouraged. Let that photo be your motivation. You have been so good at tracking your food and sticking to your calories. Like the saying goes, you didn't gain the weight over night so you can't expect to lose it overnight (as much as I seem to expect it also haha). 

So far my food wise has been mostly good this week. Monday I had no excuse really for not working out. I accidently spilt hot wax (sentsy) all over the floor in my kitchen and because I was cleaning it up forever I used that as my excuse to not workout :(. Yesterday, The starbucks barista poisoned me :o Well.... sort of. I asked for a skinny cappuccino and he made me a soy cappuccino. I have a soy intolerance. I haven't had soy milk in 3 years because of what it does to me. And I think because its been out of my system for so long now it affected me so much worse. I ended up laying in bed almost all night feeling like garbage. So far today isn't much better but i'm hoping by the time i'm done work i'll feel good enough to go for a run or lift some weights. Mid week girls! Keep it up! 

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#82 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:59 AM

@maybeoneday omg I don't know how you didn't pass out.  Maybe get some protein bars to keep with you for situations like that when you don't have time to eat.  Or nuts?  They are high in good fats and protein, have a good amount of calories and will keep you full.

@JoannaBanana That is amazing!!! Good for you!  How did you add your ticker?  I'd love to add my wedding day ticker.

@calgarybride2015  Well done on keeping track of your meals.  I find that's by biggest downfall for me because of the time it takes me to do it, I've tried and failed at both MFP and Weight Watchers for those reasons.

@yycbride2016 Nice job on the weight loss so far.  Sorry to hear about your soy attack, sounds awful!  You sound like you're doing amazing otherwise :)

@Wafflesmom Absolutely I don't mind sharing some lunch ideas.  I tend to make a bulk of food on a Sunday/Monday and have that for a couple days, then again on Wednesday night.  We bbq'd up a bunch of chicken breasts and I made a bunch of quinoa.  So I've had that most days this week along with either a salad with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and pinch of sea salt, or with veggies sauteed in coconut oil.  If I'm short on time and don't get to do my meal prep, I buy those thin-buns and stack it with tuna mixed with plain greek yogurt with a side salad or veggies.  I eat about every 3 hours, so I keep my meals somewhat small, and I'll bring snacks like hard-boiled eggs, nuts, unsweetened apple sauce, fruit etc with me to snack on.  I'm addicted to Coffee Pur'eh from David's Tea, I get my dose of healthy fats by blending coconut oil in with it and it comes out like a creamy latte!  Once the fall and cooler weather comes I use my crockpot and make a batch of chili with either extra lean ground beef or ground chicken and tons of beans and veggies that will last me for days.  Sometimes I'll have it with rice depending on how hungry I am or the type of workout I've had.  I also batch slow-cook chicken breast and they come out really juicy.  I also bought these frozen turkey burgers, I think Marc Angelo is the brand - they cook from frozen in under 20 min so if you're pressed for time for dinner those are great in a thin bun or on it's own. I make them for lunch sometimes too if I haven't gone grocery shopping.

My check-in:

• I went to spin Friday and Monday.  I planned to go this morning but I had ONE glass of wine last night for our anniversary and had a terrible headache all night and this morning
  • I haven't had a drink since our camping weekend on Aug 15th and had a mimosa and one glass of red wine at my best friend's bridal shower on Aug 23.  Other than that I haven't had any alcohol and when I had that one glass of wine last night it ruined me for this morning, it's almost 1pm and I still have a headache!  Safe to say watching my alcohol intake won't be a problem
  • My diet has been on point, even on the weekend where I worked an event I brought my own food in cooler containers.  I treated myself yesterday to some chocolate-covered strawberries I made
  • I have done weights on Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and Monday so far since my last check-in
  • I forgot to mention in my last post that my planning goal was to organize the wedding planning and figure out the to-dos - happy to report that I sat down for a couple hours and made myself a book with tabs etc to help me stay on track.  It felt good to have it all sorted but also made me realize how much there still is to do! Also went over the budget with Colin and tried to figure out some numbers.
  • I unsuccessfully have jumped on the scale everyday, not because I'm addicted but because I'm curious, it has dropped 1.5 lbs since last week - I guess slow progress is better than none

Goals for the upcoming week:

• Spin Friday morning, Saturday morning and Wednesday morning.  Will miss Monday morning due to the bank holiday
  • Continue to keep diet on track.  I will be working at Burlington ribfest this weekend, 13 hours on Sunday and 9 on Monday.  I will be preparing and bringing my own food with me and ensuring I'm not snacking on any of the food they provide.
  • Continue the current weight workouts, my goal was 4-5 a week and I'm doing just that.  Lifting heavier and changing it up and I have been sore every day, a good sore :)  I plan to go this evening if I have time left after my hair appt
  • Treat the scale like the ex you couldn't completely walk away from and break up with the scale but check-in every week... I'm going to change to bi-weekly than monthly but will start with once a week to wean me off.  Every Monday morning.
  • Wedding Planning:  continue to update my book and I plan to start my planning thread on BDW in late-Sept/Oct

Sorry for the novel!  I love being able to honestly check-in with you ladies, and that there is no judgement here!

Thanks!!!  Dee xo

Edited by deecol, 02 September 2015 - 09:21 AM.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#83 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:08 AM

Guys... I'm going to be totally honest, I ate Goldfish and Crispers last night.  I don't know what happened, I was going to get my hair done at my girlfriend's and stopped at Walmart for some Perrier, then BAM - I bought snacks... my stomach feels awful and bloated today, totally paying for it  :wacko:

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#84 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:24 AM

@deecol
I'm guessing you ate a lot? Because eating crispers and goldfish is totally ok. Gotta eat what you like or you'll never stick to it.

But I feel your pain. One time I sat down with a bag of rice crackers and said I'd have the 10 the bag says is one portion. Hahah I ate the whole bag. All I can suggest is portion it out and don't eat from the bag. This is my trick!!

But today is a new day and you can't beat yourself up for it anymore !! Move forward and kick butt :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 03 September 2015 - 05:24 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#85 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:31 AM

@calgarybride2015 too many :(  

I didn't eat them all which is good and I shared the goldfish with my girlfriend but still too many.  I love to snack and I love chips, and even though I had my meal all ready, I just caved, because it said "baked" lol.  The goldfish were whole-grain but too many is not a good thing.  And at least they weren't Doritos.  It's okay to treat yourself, but I over-treated lol.  It's eating and driving, you don't feel yourself getting full.  I drive standard, which would make you think I would be less likely to eat...lol

But, you're right!  I've confessed my sins and today is a new day!  Going to eat clean and kill it in the gym!  Thanks for the push :)

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#86 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:47 AM

@ deecol you've been so good, don't let one slip-up get you down! Like you said, today is a new day and today you'll have great success because you're more determined now. And thank you so much for all the lunch/meal ideas. You've given me a lot to work with :)

@calgarybride2015 I agree that we can't completely deprive ourselves or it will be unrealistic. But I do have a hard time stopping myself too. I've now started putting snacks in a bowl that's pre-portioned. At least when I'm done, I can't keep eating more like a zombie lol

Ok so check-in time:
- This week wasn't the best for me eating-wise. Because of the power outage (46 hours without electricity) I ate a lot of fast food over the weekend. We managed to save food in our deep freezer but everything in the fridge, including fruits and veggies were thrown out :( I have yet to go grocery shopping but I have been good and bought healthier choices for lunch and dinner. Still not ideal but good given the circumstances.
- So far I have exercised twice (pilates and bootcamp) and am going to a pilates class tonight
- In terms of wedding planning, Derrick and I have picked up our custom wedding bands! Woohoo, one thing to cross off our list. We also got our napkin ring place cards and cake topper in the mail, and one of our bridesmaid's outfit (will post this on my planning thread soon)

Goals for the week:
- Go grocery shopping and start meal prepping for the week. I will plan all our meals for the week to make sure we're making better and healthier choices.
- we're going camping this weekend so I will try to not eat as much junk food as I typically would. It's gonna be hard when marshmallows are roasting!
- Exercise at least 3x and go on more walks with my dog
- For wedding planning, find and buy Derrick's wedding attire/suit and also find and buy my last bridesmaid's dress.
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#87 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:54 AM

@Wafflesmom  I am big on moderation for sure, but pre-portioning all your food is a great idea. Especially the ones you love a lot. I measure everything right down to my veggies!!  That said, I have made compromises because somethings aren't realistic to eat a lot of (Doritos being one lol) So I have rice cakes or low cal popcorn, etc.   I have wraps not bread, rice not pasta, etc.     I find for me I have willpower in the store but not at home, so I just don't buy things and I am better off.  

It would be really hard to follow any type of plan when you are without electricity - oh my! I am glad you could save the deep freeze!

Your goals are super realistic and I know you can do it!!

My goal right now is to make it thru the weekend!  Since it's a long weekend and we are without the kids, I have said I can have one 'cheat' meal within reason!

Also told my husband I HAVE to hit the gym Saturday morning so I asked him to join me to ensure I go lol  (we will see how that goes as he has used him gym membership maybe 5x in the last year)

I have some serious DOMS from getting back to the weights on Tuesday morning. The scale isn't budging but that's because of all the water I am retaining repairing my muscles!  If I can keep it up thru the weekend I am pretty sure I will be very happy :)

Edited by calgarybride2015, 03 September 2015 - 06:54 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#88 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:19 AM

@calgarybride2015 thanks for the encouragement! Those are really good and healthier alternatives. We try to not keep junk in our cupboards too since the temptation is too strong!

I'm glad we saved the deep freezer. We went on our annual fishing trip over the august long weekend and we would have had to throw out 93lbs of salmon! I would have cried!

Your goals are also very realistic and you sound so motivated! I have no doubts you'll get to the gym over the weekend and get back to the weights in no time. The scale can be so deceiving. Between water weight, increase muscle mass and time of the month, our weight can fluctuate so much! Don't let it get you down ;)
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#89 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

@deecol

You are crushing it girl! Even though you had a little slip up you are still doing good. That is all part of the process. We wouldn't be human if we didn't cheat every now and then. Chips are also my weakness. Its a hard habit to break I find. Right now because my FI is working on a renovation in our house he isn't focused on his healthy eating and working out which is making me struggle a bit too haha. I had to be strong for us both last night. He wanted chips so I wanted chips, I ended up having some coconut greek yogurt instead! Small feats! 

@Wafflesmom You are already doing so good. I can't imagine going without power for 46 hours! Yikes! But I'm glad to hear that you are going to start meal prepping/planning to help you keep on track with healthy eating. I know that for my FI and I that has worked so good. Just make sure you give yourself some variety in what you eat. I know for us we got bored of our pre-made meals. 

@calgarybride2015 I'm with you. Strong in the store, weak at home. I also just try not to buy it so that I don't eat it when I get home. Problem for me is that my FI struggles to gain weight (and that's his goal). So he gets a lot of high calorie foods that I can't eat. I really struggle with him having those things in the house or when he makes an awesome dish of pasta, I always want some. 

Well done on the working out! You are doing great! Sore muscles is a great sign! I hope you can make it through the weekend strong!! Keep it up!

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#90 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

@Wafflesmom @yycbride2016  @calgarybride2015 Thank you :)  Had a treat, won't let it discourage me.  More motivated than ever right now!

You're all doing so great!  Thanks for being so supportive!

event.png

My Planning Thread:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, 2016 Brides, Fitness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users