341 replies to this topic

#301 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:06 AM

@vancouverpetunia I'm sure I would have gained a lot more! Luckily I wasn't bad all month, which tends to happen so that may have also helped. I'm definitely back into it now. I'm so determined, I even joined the 5:30 am bootcamp on New Year's Eve since it was the only class that day! And I only drank one glass of wine :)
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#302 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:29 PM

Okay ladies - I wrote my story on this thread September 10th and I've been absent since. I'm done with excuses. We are 5 months away and it's time to get my ass in shape.

Today was step one. Mike and I went to the gym! Woo hoo! We were on hiatus for almost three months. In that time I haven't put on any weight but I've lost my muscle (the little I had lol).

I got back on my fitness pal and started using JeFit again. It felt so good to be back. I even popped in Winners afterwards to grab a new work out top :)

As I mentioned months ago MFP did wonders for me. Tracking my calories helped so much in my fitness. I've readjusted my settings and have myself on a 1280 per day calorie count. Our work schedules change by the minute but for the most part we can move things around to start earlier or later. The plan is to go to the gym at 7:30am throughout the week. We were so exhausted by the time we got home that we just stopped going all together. I'm hoping this new plan works for us. Day 1 for 7:30am workouts is tomorrow. It helps that the gym is literally across the street from us.

You girls are killing it. So disciplined! I'm hoping with Mike's support I can follow in your footsteps.

#303 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:51 PM

Way to go @ashhtayy! Your plan sounds awesome, I'm sure you guys will kick butt. It always helps to have a supportive person to go to the gym with, especially to get you out of bed when feeling lazy. My bootcamp instructor does that. She texts me everytime I'm not signed in for class. She invests her time to text me, and for that I'm so grateful.

Please keep us posted on your progress. Your motivation and determination is awesome
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#304 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:47 PM

Hey @ashhtayy glad to have you back good idea to have a plan for the workouts, even if you have to adjust from time to time. Please feel free to add me on MFP if you like (ErinKampf). I've found it really helpful (and enlightening!) as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#305 cruisebride2016

cruisebride2016
  • 120 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 13, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica during Western Caribbean Cruise
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:44 PM

My fiance moved in 6 weeks ago and I was really nervous that would derail my weight loss efforts. Luckily, overall it has not. I found that I am snacking less in the evenings because we are hanging out together. But, my workouts have definitely decreased since he has been here. I used to work our 4 times per week, but between errands on the weekends, traveling, and work, I have been lucky to get in 2 workouts a week in the past 6 weeks.

Although I had been maintaining my weight over the past few weeks, I splurged over this past weekend and gained a few pounds :( Sadly, but fortunately, my fiance will be out of town for 2 weeks. I think it will allow me to get my routine back on track, then continue it once he is back. I went to the gym tonight and tracked my calories on MyFitnessPal (for the first time in at least 6 weeks). I only have 100 days until my wedding, so it is truly crunch time!!

Happy New Year ladies :)

event.png

#306 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:05 AM

@vancouverpetjnia! Good for you for losing weight over the holidays. That's not easy! You are surely rocking this wedding weight loss!

I wouldn't worry @deecol about the weight gain. I usually find Xmas weight comes off faster than other weight if you attack it right away! Sounds like you've got a great plan to tackle the weight loss anyways! You will do great!

I'm with you @Wafflesmom my diet was good then also went out the window once Xmas eve hit haha. I think between your motivation and your bootcamp instructors strict regime you will be whipped into amazing bridal shape in no time!

@ashhtayy I was the same way. I think the 4 or 5 month mark was my wake up call! Like oh sh** I'm getting married when?! Haha. You've got plenty of time to hit those goals and rock your dress!

@cruisebride2016, I was the same way when my fiancé and I moved in. We both let our routines fall out of place for a while because we just enjoyed spending time together and forgot about eating right and working out. It takes time but it will happen!

My update:

I thought I was going to rock my Xmas break with great clean eating and daily workouts. Not so much the case. I worked out and ate clean right till Xmas eve. Then all the wine and food hit! I took a break then worked out again on the 28th and felt good about that. Then we went on a snowboarding trip which involved too much food and alcohol. I won't even mention New Year's Eve and the alcohol and food....I've been back at my workouts since the 2nd, doing double workouts to get back caught up in my 60 day program. I have 37 more days left of it! And only 50 days till the wedding (47 till we fly). I am determined to stick to my workouts and eat clean....except I woke up with a cold today and think I might cheat tonight and make chicken noodle soup!

Keep up the amazing work and all the motivation girls! You are rocking it! 🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#307 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:14 AM

Thanks @yycbride2016 for the motivating words!!!  I hope you're right and the holiday weight comes off fast, I hate myself for letting this happen.  You sound like you are so on track and going to crush your program!

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#308 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:37 AM

Update:

We didn't make our 7:30AM gym session :( OMG. I was talking to my mum last night and she said "yeah, right - remember you're not a morning person". Well she was right. Mostly because we can't get on a good sleep routine. Last time I looked at the clock was 4AM. Time to crack open the melatonin at night. These past two weeks have had us up late and sleeping in. It's hard to get back on schedule (I'm sure there are lots of us struggling with this).

I will go to the gym tonight. 100%. I promise (you and myself lol).

@Wafflesmom your bootcamp instructor sounds like an all-star! what a great person to have in your corner.

@vancouverpetunia thanks for the welcome back. when i figure out how to add someone, I will add you!

@yycbride2016 thanks for saying I have time still lol I needed to hear that!

#309 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

@ashhtayy I hear you!  It was sooooo hard to get up this morning!  This break we also went to bed late and slept in so I could not fall asleep last night, I was sending emails at 12.30am because instead of sleeping, my brain decided to think of everything I need to do this week.  I set my alarm for 5.30 and snooze until 6.45... I start work at 8 so no time for the gym before.  I'm going after but I love to get it in in the morning when I can!

Hopefully we will feel a bit more normal within a couple days and be able to get to those early morning gym sessions!

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#310 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:36 AM

Hi ladies!  Hope you're all doing well!

A couple of my girlfriends started posting their weight and measurements in our whatsapp group chat and we're calling it "the biggest loser" for Mexico preparation.  We're all the in same boat as we have all gained a little weight over the holidays but they are all a lot smaller than me as well, I'm by far the tallest so I haven't posted any of my stats because I feel like the numbers would be astronomical compared to them even though our frames are all different... I think I'm eventually going to, it might push me even harder.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, 2016 Brides, Fitness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users