341 replies to this topic

#151 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:21 PM

@calgarybride2015 thanks Kim, definitely not gonna overdo it while I'm sick. I want to make sure I get better, I'm 4 months out and I have lots to do. Luckily my respirologist booked me to see him in November to monitor my health before we leave in January :)
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#152 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:57 PM

@Wafflesmom How are you feeling? Hope you are getting better. Perhaps snuggled under a blanket with this gross weather?

So, a quick check-in, even though it's not Thursday. I'm getting ready for next week so looking ahead now. I have to say, you ladies are doing your "job" of holding me accountable. I had only been to the gym 2 times this past week, but I said I was going to go 3x, so I went today to spin class. I NEVER go to the gym on the weekend. But felt obligated. It helps that the weather is crap and I have no plans, but still I'm glad that I went. I also did pretty well on the food front this past week - not amazing, but not bad. I was out for dinner twice and made healthy choices rather than going for pastas and burgers, so I'm pleased with myself there. Of course, I drank quite a bit of wine along with those healthy options hahaha.

I'm also getting ready for this fitness/nutrition program to start next week that I mentioned in my last post. Plugging through the reading for the program, watching some videos, figuring out a workout schedule and getting some meal planning done. Tomorrow will go grocery shopping and do some meal prep for the week. I also set myself up on MyFitnessPal, so a few of you will have gotten friend requests from me. Please be my friend :blink: LOL. I couldn't figure out how to find the BDW group, though - can someone point me in the right direction? 

Now for the bad news... I weighed myself at the gym today. Haven't weighed myself in months. Not only have I gained weight since the spring, I am now tied for my record heaviest ever.  :(  It's discouraging in a way, but I knew I had gained weight, so it's no big surprise. I'm trying to use it as motivation to really stick to my plan for the next few months (and beyond). 

Thanks for all the support here. You ladies are amazing. I'm so impressed with your workouts, your nutrition efforts and your honesty. Keep up the good work and just get back on that horse if (when!) you fall off.  :D

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#153 cruisebride2016

cruisebride2016
  • 120 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 13, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica during Western Caribbean Cruise
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:06 PM

@vancouverpetunia- Great job at making it to the gym the 3 times you committed to!! Even though it is disappointing to see the number of the scale, you are making the efforts you need to in order to get where you want to be. Keep pushing yourself and we are here to support you!

event.png

#154 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:13 PM

I ended up working out 4 times and 2 were weights so yay!!!
Haven't measured myself yet though.
I am down 3.8 lbs. so got my Vegas weight off. Now to make headway on the rest :)

Hope everyone is feeling better and plugging away at their goals. Some is better than none :) have a good week everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 20 September 2015 - 06:14 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#155 SunshineDreamKay

SunshineDreamKay
  • 33 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 14, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:16 PM

Hi ladies, I hope I'm not too late to join this group....@Wafflesmom I think this is a great idea!

I'm Kay, I live in the UK, I'm 29 and have a 19 month old little girl.

I used to work out every now and then, sometimes a lot sometimes here and there. Before I fell pregnant I was working out almost every day. Since having my little girl in Feb 2014 I have a bit of a belly that I need to get flat. I chose my dress in April and thought I'd have plenty of time to work out until my first fitting in September but I've done maybe 2 days since then, so I've decided to have a fitting in October and my lovely dress is there waiting for me but I feel too out of shape to go try it on!! I'm working full time, picking my little girl up from nursery and coming home to sort her and get dinner on before my FI gets home. By the time I sit down its 8pm and I'm knackered! I need a kick up the butt as I need to get into shape. I want to lose weight and tone I think maybe 14 pounds but my main focus is to work out 4 times a week.

Wedding aim is to get stationery decided ASAP as my pregnant bridesmaid is designing them and is due next month so won't have time when the baby arrives.

#156 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:40 PM

@Wafflesmom oh no!! I feel for you. I've had pneumonia before and it was terrible. Hopefully the cold subsides soon! 

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#157 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:22 PM

Well I feel bad. I haven't worked out or really eaten well since Thursday. We went to a wedding on Friday which was awesome but I ate and drank too much, Saturday I was hung over but ran a 5km race (The Neon run). And now I'm sick :( I hate this. I feel like a lazy lump just laying on the couch all day. And now that we are 5 months out from getting married I am really feeling the pressure. I'm really hoping I feel better tomorrow and that I can get back on track. 

You ladies are all doing so amazing and you are keeping me motivated. Keep up the good work. 

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#158 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:14 AM

Thanks @perianjay! I'm back to work now after being home sick for 6 days! I still have a chest cough and a runny nose but no fever. I was almost sent home yesterday bc I'm still coughing. I have an appt with the Dr today to make sure my lungs are ok. My coworker scared me yesterday by telling me about her friend who also had bilateral pneumonia last year. She apparently has pneumonia again and is now waiting for a lung transplant!!! She said she wanted to warn me since I was getting married. I told her I was fine since I actually got the pneumonia shot (yes there is a pneumonia shot and although typically reserved for the elderly, I was that bad that they gave it to me). And my coworker said her friend also got the shot and still got pneumonia! So now I'm a bit scared and that's why I scheduled my appt.

On a positive note, I still went to bootcamp yesterday since I figured I've rested enough and it would be somewhat of a test to see how weak my lungs were. I totally killed it and felt really good. I still have my cough this morning and will keep you posted on my Dr's appt. Please send me positive vibes today!

@yycbride2016 don't be so hard on yourself! You have been killing your workouts and your diet has been awesome. Even on your worst weekend you still ran 5km! That's awesome. Do let your body rest while sick. You don't want to end up like me!
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#159 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:49 AM

You ladies are doing so amazing!!!

@Wafflesmom I'm happy to hear you're better but so sorry to hear you're not still 100% - I hope your appt goes well!

I didn't check in last week, been a bit busy and a lot going on:

I was great with diet, went spinning and worked out consistently.  The scale has moved up and down a couple lbs but I'm not too concerned about that because I saw my Mom on the weekend, I haven't seen her for a couple weeks and both her and my sister were saying that I look smaller in my waist and legs!  It's the best feeling when people notice!  Col and I only did 2/3 Hiitmax workouts last week, you really need to split up the days because it's killer and we had things going on on opposite days.  I went out for dinner with some girlfriends and had a salad loaded with shrimp and salmon and used lemon for the dressing - it was delicious, and I was so proud of myself for eating well and not even having wine with my meal!  I did drink on Saturday and indulged a bit in the delicious food my aunt prepared for the bbq but we're all allowed treats and I got right back on track after.

Goals this week:

Fitness & Health:

• Spin 3 times - yesterday, Wed & Fri + at least 3 days of weights + 3 days of hiitmax (Tues, Thurs & Sat)
  • Continue to eat well

Wedding Plans:

• Colin has asked his groomsmen to get measured this weekend.  They are in the UK so it's not possible to go shopping with them.  Colin didn't get a chance to look at suit options last weekend like he had hoped - he had a root canal and drove almost 10 hours to my aunt's with me instead.  So this week and weekend we will be looking into options for him and the guy.
  • Download the Wedding Music app this weekend and start loading our reception music

Thanks to everyone for being so motivated!  When I get that notification that someone replied to this thread it's really nice to know that someone is staying on track and checking in  :)

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#160 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:52 AM

My girlfriend posted this on my Facebook wall... Lol
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442947914.881291.jpg   93.87KB   6 downloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by deecol, 22 September 2015 - 10:53 AM.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, 2016 Brides, Fitness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users