Wafflesmom

Support And Accountability Group

Wow, everyone is doing so well with their goals!

@@RivieraBride15 that is seriously amazing. That's a tremendous accomplishment in less than a year, kudos

@@vancouverpetunia you go girl! I love your motivation, 4.5 lbs in 2 weeks is awesome! I have no doubts that you'll do well while you're away. And good on you for making sure your airbnb have gyms.

@@deecol despite your hectic week, you still managed to stay active and stay on your meal plans so that's awesome! And isn't it great when ppl start noticing the weight loss? It just makes my day when that happens. Oh and congrats on more bookings, woohoo. And good call on taking advantage of boxing day sales!

Ok so as for me, now that I'm better I have gone back to working out. I managed to go to bootcamp twice but sadly missed my two pilates classes since I worked late twice this week. My first bootcamp nearly killed me and it took two days to get over all the squats we did. It felt great to be back though! Der and I have been good at meal planning and have been snacking less at night. Despite my two weeks off from exercising, I managed to maintain my weight so yay!

Goals for this week:

- Gym is closed on Monday bc of Thanksgiving so workout 3x

- Buy hiitmax. @@deecol you seem to enjoy it so I think that's a sign that I should finally commit and try it

- Continue with meal planning

Wedding goals

- Complete OOT bags

bags

Edited by Wafflesmom
  • Like 4

Finally found time to update. My game plan for the cruise definitely helped!! Usually, I gain 5 pounds in a week, but this time I only gained 2.5 pounds. My fiance and I used the stairs majority of the time, even going up 9 flights a few times! I think this made a huge difference. I also stuck to no bread with dinner and looking over the menu ahead of time.

unfortunately, I could have done better last week after returning from the trip. I was stressed with catching up on work after vacation and allowed myself to eat out more often than I should have instead of cooking at home. I am starting to get back on track on this week.

I skipped my workout last Tuesday, but got to the gym on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. Today, I signed up for the new exercise program that I tried with my coworker a few weeks ago. I will go to this class once a week (starting tomorrow) and continue my regular exercise routine three times a week.

My goals will be similar to prior to vacation with tracking daily on MyFitnessPal, staying within my calories, going to the gym four times this week, and doing quick exercises at home on the nights I don't go to the gym.

Ladies, keep up the great work! We just need to take one day at a time :)

• Like 2

@@cruisebride2016 Well done on controlling yourself on a trip!!!  You sound like you have a great mindset and great goals :)

@@Wafflesmom Did you try HiitMax?

I tried on my wedding dress this weekend, only the second time I've tried it on since I bought it in February.  It is a bit closer to closing but I think I'm going to get the corset either way.  My bit of weight loss was clear and I had more of an hour-glass figure in it, it looks like a different dress, I'm so happy!

• Like 2

@@deecol I did the Monday Phase 1 set yesterday and it was good. At first I read it and thought, this seems easy enough, we do this at bootcamp. Plus with half of it at a rest for a minute each, seemed easy and 15 minutes total? I could do that with my eyes closed. Well I don't know if it was the Thanksgiving dinner the night previous or not but the 15 second reps of the jump squat and jump knee squats x6 nearly killed me! Lol I downloaded a tabata timer to keep time of the reps. Clearly I underestimated the intensity. Did my Pilates today and will be doing my bootcamp tomorrow and Pilates on Thursday so I might do the Tuesday phase 1 on Friday. So far I love it, thanks Dee

Oh and I can't wait to see what your dress looks like on you now. I bet Col's jaw will drop once he sees you in your dress!

Edited by Wafflesmom

@@deecol Thank you! I am trying to be realistic and work hard! That is great news about your dress! I bought my dress in March and haven't tried it on since then. I feel like I have lost a few inches, but not sure. Maybe I should schedule a fitting just to check the progress.

I did my new workout tonight and it definitely got me sweating!! I'm glad I went because we had a lunch meeting with a catered Mexican meal today and I ate more than I should have, so I had some extra calories to burn off :)

@@Wafflesmom It's a lot tougher than it seems!!! 15 minute sounds like nothing but it's killer!!!  I'm so glad you tried it and liked it!

Col is so curious about my dress lol!  But there is no way he's seeing it until the big day.  I got a pic but it's awful - I'll try it on again next time I go to my mom's and take a better one.  I actually love it so much more than I already did!  I can't believe I get to wear something so beautiful :)

@@cruisebride2016 Oooo we bought our dresses around the same time!  I would def try it on especially if you feel like you've already lost a few inches.  You may be pleasantly surprised or it may give you a kick in the butt!

I tried to scroll back but I couldn't find it - when is your wedding date again?

• Like 2

@@deecol Oh it's definitely hard! I love it though, it really makes you feel like you had a great workout and in only 15 mins! Thank you so much, I owe you

Tell Col that the wait will definitely be worth it! He's gonna fall in love with you even more (if that's possible) once he sees how hot his wife is in her dress ;) Der can't wait to see me in my dress too. My goal is to make him cry lol

FYI - My seamstress told me that 5lbs up or down won't make a huge difference size-wise so that was good to know. Once you gain or lose 10lbs, that makes a difference on whether you need a size up or down.

• Like 1

Good job everyone for sticking to things, especially thru the long weekend!!!

I knew my loss last week would be minimal given the potluck I attended. I only was down 0.2 for a total of 6.4!!  It wasn't a gain so I am happy.    I was able to maintain thru the long weekend, so here's to hoping for another loss this weekend.

My work outs lacked over the long weekend. I have always had back pain, but it was flaring up so I gave it a rest. I got back to it this AM!!!

Keep up the good work!

PS - I agree, some of those home programs are killer....  especially the ones shorter in time because they have to give you the effects of the longer workouts!   I had been a seasoned gym goer for a couple years before I decided to give JM 30 day shred a try... I was a bit surprised at how hard it was on the first go lol.....  

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 2

@@deecol I am with you! I have also taken so many progress photos. Mostly just "before" pictures and I'm so disappointed in myself for not following through. We've got the this!

@@SunshineDreamKay well done at keeping to your goals! It's hard to make healthy choices sometimes. Most of the time my eyes are bigger than my stomach haha.

@@Wafflesmom! Well done on losing 7lbs! That's amazing!

@@calgarybride2015 sorry I was not sticking to my goals but I'm back in MFP and I intend to stay committed so you and Erin don't have to get lonely haha. Also well done on losing 6.2lbs! That's great

@ that's awesome that you set yourself up for success! It's hard when we get busy but we just need to make it a priority! I feel you, I've been horrible for a few weeks and now it's getting to be crunch time!

@@RivieraBride15 you look amazing in your dress. Your hard work has clearly paid off! Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to play catch up, sorry if I missed a few people. You guys post so much and are doing so good even with a few ups and downs! It's all part of the process!

I was doing horrible. I lost my job and used it as an excuse to eat poorly and not workout, feeling sorry for myself. When i got a new job I did a bit better started working out about 3 times a week which isn't my normal. But now that thanksgiving is done I've reset my self. If any of you know of the 21 day fix I just finished the 3 day quick fix portion of the program! It was challenging and strict but also so much food! I lost 2.5 lbs in 3 days! I feel like I reset myself now and I am going to continue with the 21 day fix meal plan as well as working out 6 days a week. I've got 3 days down, 3 more to go! Haha

Keep up the good work everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4