Support And Accountability Group

Wafflesmom

Ok so I'm a day early for check-in. I've been on antibiotics for a week now (last day today woohoo). I have a Dr's appt on Friday to see if the bronchitis is gone. Der made me promise to not do anything to compromise my health any further due to the likelihood of it turning to pneumonia so I've done zero exercises this week. So not a good week to be off exercises since I have my first dress fitting this Saturday. The last time I tried on my dress was in April so I have no clue how it fits. I tried to put my wedding on when Der was out fishing but I couldn't reach the back to zip it up lol. No one else was around but my dog and she was no help lol

Although I didn't workout, as suggested by @@deecol, I was more mindful of my calorie intake. I meal prepped all week and was quite successful at it. I stepped on the scale and I have not gained any weight :) The antibiotics may have also played a role in no weight gain since it can do a number on my stomach.

In terms of wedding planning, I did accomplish a lot. Der and I bought a custom suit for him to wear to our wedding :) We also mailed out our formal invitations and bought some goodies for our OOT bags.

My goals for the week:

- If I'm all healthy, I will be back to my 4 workouts a week (2x bootcamp and 2x pilates)

- Continue to meal prep

- Shop for frames for table numbers and décor

- Update our wedding website

- Buy items for our hangover kits

Wish me luck :)

• Like 2

Happy hump day, ladies! 

@@calgarybride2015 Great work on the weight loss! I'm planning to weigh in this weekend after 2 weeks of being pretty diligent on food & exercise. Fingers crossed.

@@deecol YAY! I'm so glad to hear you still get your spin class benefits. 

@@Wafflesmom Glad you are doing better and almost off the meds. Sounds like you had as good a week as possible, given the situation. Hopefully you can get back at it now.

So, checking in on my goals from last week...

• Complete my 2 workouts left for this week and stay on top of it next week. Well, I missed 1 workout last week, but 5 out of 6 isn't bad. I'm motivated this week to do all 6 and did a double work out on Tuesday, so this should be doable.
  • Watch what I eat over the weekend. We tend to go out A LOT and I don't want to really curb that too much, as we enjoy it. But try to make healthier choices and cut back on the booze. This is gonna be tough. I feel like I did okay with this. Not great, but okay. I chose the healthiest things I could from the menus when we were out and overall I drank less. 
  • Get my meal plans & food prep lined up for next week. Done! 
  • Send out update email to guests. It's written - just waiting for the 6 month mark to send it. Thought it would be fun to send it exactly 6 months out. 
  • Send out formal invitations - or at least get the labels done and buy stamps. Mailed tonight!

As for the week ahead:

• Complete my 2 workouts left for this week and stay on top of it next week. (sound familiar?)
  • Watch what I eat over the weekend (another repeat). We are going down to the US for the day on Sunday to help close up Jeff's family's campsite for the winter, so tough to bring food with me. 
  • Meal plans & prep (again).
  • Figure out a plan of attack for some upcoming work travel. I will be in 3 cities over 8 days, with lots of dinners out, hotel food, lack of time to exercise, etc. 
  • Nothing on the wedding front next week, other than to send out that email.

Seems like some of these goals are not so much goals, but routines (the first 3). Which is probably a good thing :)

• Like 2

Hey ladies, sounds like a few of you are unwell, hope you get better soon.

Everyone seems to be doing so well, with either their diet or workouts, it's so great to read through these posts!

@@deecol yay for the gym membership!

I haven't been on here for a few days but I've done well so far. Started eating healthier (although I'm not on a diet, just making better choices). The workout (30 Day Shred) is going well. I've worked out 7 days out of the 8. Took 1 day off

so proud as so far I've just got on with it and not thought about if I want to work out or not. I confirmed my first dress fitting for 18th October, eeek! I really feel a difference in my body but I'm waiting for Saturday to measure myself after I complete level 1 of the workout.

Wedding Planning:

-The passport welcome book and invites have been sent to my friend to design.

-Bridesmaids have confirmed which weekends they are available to go bridesmaid dress shopping (we are actually going to buy something online but thought best to go shopping so they can see which shapes/styles suit them best.

-Decor company are taking ages to send a quote, think I may speak to someone else in the company there today. It's been over a month of back and forths and quote not being attached!

Weeks plan:

-Keep working out and eating better

-Send more stationery to my friend

-Choose bridesmaid dress stores and book the appointments if necessary

-Decide on more stationery and send to friend

-Send paperwork to confirm speakers for welcome party music

-Get in touch with another member of the decor company.

Moon Palace Cancun Bride, April 2016

• Like 2

@@Wafflesmom @@vancouverpetunia @@SunshineDreamKay Yay!  Thank you!  It's been a roller coaster ride with this but I'm glad I got it back, they have given it back to the employees who were actually using it, which I think makes sense.

I got on the scale today - I've lost 7 lbs since the end of July!  I didn't even realize until I found the notes I made in July when I wrote down a starting weight.  It's slow progress, but it's progress and I'm happy about it!

I started my hiitmax again this week, it's killer and I love it!  Have been eating really clean and working out 6 days a week.  Will get back on my spinning next week when our memberships kick back in.

In terms of wedding planning, we are 3 weeks away from the payment deadline for the Canadians.  So just going to continue to focus on loading the wedding app with our music and working on our layouts for the items we'll be printing.  I've been on the lookout for some additional floral for my bouquet, if you ladies have seen my thread you have seen that it's a work in progress.  Col's still looking into suits and now his brother is in Brazil for a bit so we won't get his measurements back until he returns.  @@Wafflesmom gave me some piece of mind though, I was thinking we were late in getting the suits sorted but she made me feel better :)  So in addition to this, over the next couple of weeks I'll just be working on planning my best friend's bachelorette party that is on the 24th.  Lots on the go!

You ladies are doing amazing!  Keep up the momentum and thank you for motivating me!

• Like 2

@@deecol 7 lbs in 2 months is fantastic. Don't sell yourself short :) That's not slow that's very average!!!

Ohh...  and I miss you guys on MFP.... It's only Erin and I these days heheh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 2

I do my weigh ins on Saturdays, so thought I would check in...

I am down 6.2lbs and have just under 20 to go!!

This week I had a lot going on getting funding set for school, etc. so I only worked out 3 of the 4 I had hoped.

I was going to go today but a slight dusting of snow put me off (LOL ok bad excuse, kinda)

So I hope to workout tomorrow, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday

I still haven't measured myself, probably because I need help and have yet to ask

Today is a bad day -- we have a 40th Birthday potluck, then a house warming... so I plan to workout this week in HOPES I can make up for it, if not, life has to happen!!!!  Tomorrow is back on track though.

Hope everyone keeps at it.  Small steps add up to big results!!!

Enjoy your weekends!

• Like 4