Support And Accountability Group

Wafflesmom

@@yycbride2016 - 6.5 lbs since August - way to go!  :D And thanks for the encouragement.

@@Wafflesmom - Sounds like you are doing well and it's important to take preventative health measures (esp when it helps you lose a bit more weight LOL). Hope everything goes well and that you'll be back in the saddle shortly.

@@calgarybride2015 - You go, girl! I'm chanting for you "10 pounds, 10 pounds, 10 pounds!"  ;)

I've had a bit of a disappointing day. I stepped on that thingy at the gym that measures your body fat...  :blink: And it hasn't changed at all since I last did it in June! But I have to remember that I gained weight between that first measurement and starting to work out heavily & really watch what I eat in Sept. So I'm probably down from where I started in September, I just don't have a measurement to compare to. Still pisses me off though  :angry:

P.S. I just ate a caramilk bar (Halloween sized, at least). LOL

Edited by vancouverpetunia
  • Like 1

@@yycbride2016 Thank you!  I've seen that diet pop up everywhere and was so curious!  I thought I'd share in case anyone else was curious like me.  I love my food too!  Exactly why I couldn't finish the 3 days lol. And 6.5lbs is still a great weight loss!  Your progress pics will say more than the scale every could so it's great that you're seeing changes!

@@vancouverpetunia Don't be discouraged!  You always seem to be so on track, keep on doing what you're doing!

@@Wafflesmom You're so funny!  So great that you stay on top of it though, love your positivity!  I would look at it that way too "So at least I'm expecting weight loss from this lol"  That's how I feel when I get the flu lol

Your Barre class should be fun!  Let me know how it goes!

@@calgarybride2015 So many festive celebrations coming up!  I'm scared!  I'm dying to hit that 10lb mark too!  We can do it!!!1

• Like 2

Okay, ladies. I'm feeling better. I weighed myself today - down 2 lbs, for a total of 8. And this puts me at the exact same weight I was at when I last measured my body fat, so it makes sense that I would be about the same. Plus, my trainer told me I was dehydrated (I was measured about 30 mins after getting out of bed, so not a lot of water intake yet) and that could raise my body fat percentage by 1-1.5%, so maybe I'm actually down. At least I'm not up  :D

I am trying to figure out a game plan for my work travel next week. I've found out that the hotels likely don't have fridges in the rooms. Actually, they do, for the mini-bar, but apparently they have sensors and if you put anything in them they will charge you $25 per night! Ridiculous. I can probably manage in Chicago, there is a small grocery store around the corner (I was just there a few weeks ago). But the Boston hotel looks to have nothing nearby, so I will be eating the provided breakfasts which aren't usually that healthy (and the bacon always smells sooooo good!). I'm going to take some of my own snacks, at least. 

I'm hoping to get in 2 - 3 work-outs while I'm away. It's going to be tough, as out of 5 nights I have 3 dinners and 2 flights, and mornings will be hard due to the time change. But I think I can manage 2, based on my schedule, maybe 3. I'm just putting it out there so that I have some peeps to hold me accountable. Thanks for the support & encouragement, ladies!

• Like 1

I know you'll do well @@vancouverpetunia, and do you know why I'm so certain? It's because your consciously planning healthy alternatives to your trips and already making a conscious effort to stay on track. Most, including me would just consider it a freebie and that trips are a good excuse to cheat. The fact that you are planning says a lot. You are so motivated and I'm here to support you :)

On a personal note, I'm just in the hospital now and I've just finished with my colonoscopy. Everything looks great, woohoo!

• Like 2

So this week has been a good week for me in terms of workouts and diet. My bridal party and I completed our first barre class last Sunday and OMG it was awesome! The first 15 minutes were all about arms using light weights (2lb and 3lbs). At first I laughed at the weights but I am so glad I didn't get anything heavier. The instructor basically had us keep our arms up doing various arm exercises the whole time. There would be times we'd do bicep curls (and pulse for 8 counts), then on to triceps, and it kept going for 15 minutes. After that, we did 30 minutes of leg work. I had to close my eyes a few times to get through the pain. My calves were super sore until yesterday! After we did 10 minutes of abs (yay) and 5 to stretch. Would I do it again? YUP So we all had so much fun that my bridal party and I are now doing a weekly (Sunday) workout class together (different ones) to get fit for the wedding. It's a great way to get in shape while counting down to the wedding. This Sunday we're doing interval training at one of the community centres and then I think we're doing yoga the week after.

On top of that, I've maintained my meal prep which has been so good for me, both health-wise and financially. I continued with my normal workout routine of bootcamp (Monday and yesterday), and pilates today. I opted out of pilates on Tuesday as my calves were in so much pain. Thought a rest day would be good, especially since I wanted to make sure I could make it out for bootcamp the following day.

As for wedding-related accomplishments, we picked up Der's suit. It's ready to go, pressed and altered :) Our final payments are due today and it's been such a big cause of stress for me. For those who follow my thread, my TA has gotten significantly better and I'm much happier with him now.

So goals for the upcoming week:

- continue to meal prep

- continue normal workout routine (2x bootcamp and 2x pilates)

- add an additional workout routine with the bridal party

- finalize guest count so as to finalize all vendor POs

- make final payment on Moon Palace PO

- make final payment for the trip

- with finalized guest count, finish OOT bags

That should keep me busy! LOL

How are you all doing?

• Like 1

Good job @@Wafflesmom

Sounds like an arse kicker. I've scoffed at weights before then ate my words :)

You'll be busy but keeps your mind occupied

I've been good with food but gym is lacking. I just have NO time with school and work ugh. Hate my second class so hard to stay motivated.

Have a BM in town for the weekend so lots of bad stuff to be consumed but then back on it.

Kinda early for me but today was down 11 ish lbs! Jeans are starting to be wearable and not cause a stomach ache for being so snug yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@@calgarybride2015 I'm so glad I chose to follow the instructor and not get cocky about weights. I would have died lol!

You have such a hectic schedule so don't be hard on yourself. Stay strong though and keep Cuba in the back of your head when you have cravings for bad food ;)

And congrats on 11lbs, that's awesome! Snug jeans are so uncomfortable so yay to weight-loss :)

@@Wafflesmom - I love that you are working out with your bridal party! So fun and motivating. It sounds like you had an awesome week. Good work! I hope no one dropped out at the final payment due date. Ours is coming up and wondering if that will happen...

@@calgarybride2015 Woo hoo! 11 lbs. That's awesome, esp with the crazy schedule you've been dealing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Um, ladies! What happened to our thread?!? I thought I had been AWOL, but no more so than the rest of you, it appears.  :huh:

Here's a question to get this going again (I hope)... what is your plan to stay on track (either fitness/nutrition or wedding) over the holidays? It gets so crazy busy and, of course, there is the food, the parties, the booze, the CHOCOLATE! Argh. And this is my busiest time of year at work, plus I'm training a brand new coordinator (so not only am I training her, but she's not yet trained to do the work that my old coordinator would have covered for me). 

On the fitness/nutrition front, I'm happy to say I've now lost 11 lbs in 11 weeks. My goal is 20, but I'm pretty excited about getting over the 10 lb mark. And my clothes are fitting better, etc. I have an appt with a seamstress the week of Dec 14. She is going to make my dress, so I wanted to get as far down as possible before that, in order to be as close to possible to my measurements for April. 

This week will be tougher to get my workouts in... Taking the day off on Monday - I have a shopping/spa day with a girlfriend which I'm super excited about. Work Xmas party on Thursday (which means no workout Friday am!!!). Dinner out with friends Friday. But I'm aiming to stay on track with food whenever I'm not out and to get 3 resistance days in, plus 2 cardio days at least... That's my plan. I'll let you know how it goes. I really do feel like it helps to post this. I feel obligated to report back that I was successful! You ladies are the best. I've missed being on the site for the last couple of weeks.  :wub:

• Like 1