Support And Accountability Group

Wafflesmom

@@maybeoneday You sound like you're doing great with your diet, and don't get down about your exercise with the limited amount of time you have - it's better to do something than nothing.

Have you tried purchasing a large plastic bottle for your water?  If you get one that's at least 2 Litres it will be easier to finish - I know it sounds crazy but visually seeing the 2 litres is really helpful!  I use one that is 2.2 litres and when I fill it up for a second time in a day it helps me see that I've already hit my goal and any extra is bonus!

Bahahaha thought you ladies might appreciate this: https://medium.com/big-funny-blog/fitbit-sex-b7d367f2e20a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read it with Shawn. We laughed out loud numerous times. It was on my FB somehow :)

Bahahaha thought you ladies might appreciate this: https://medium.com/big-funny-blog/fitbit-sex-b7d367f2e20a

So funny!  I know a couple who was in competition with each other and would march in place to get their steps up.  Hilarious!

My week has not been good at all. I have been home sick for the last 4 days with a bad cold and fever. It started off with bad congestion and fever and it has now progressed to runny nose, fever and bad chest cold. Der has forbidden me to do anything, and I know it's because he's worried about me. You see, last year I was sick for 2.5 months with bilateral pneumonia. It started off as a bad cold and worsened to pneumonia in both lungs. He was so worried about me when I was sick that the poor guy ended up getting shingles! I know that once you get pneumonia, you are more susceptible to it so now I'm taking it easy. Ugh, can't wait until I'm better...I'm sick of staying home :wacko:

@@calgarybride2015 thanks Kim, definitely not gonna overdo it while I'm sick. I want to make sure I get better, I'm 4 months out and I have lots to do. Luckily my respirologist booked me to see him in November to monitor my health before we leave in January :)

• Like 1

@@Wafflesmom How are you feeling? Hope you are getting better. Perhaps snuggled under a blanket with this gross weather?

So, a quick check-in, even though it's not Thursday. I'm getting ready for next week so looking ahead now. I have to say, you ladies are doing your "job" of holding me accountable. I had only been to the gym 2 times this past week, but I said I was going to go 3x, so I went today to spin class. I NEVER go to the gym on the weekend. But felt obligated. It helps that the weather is crap and I have no plans, but still I'm glad that I went. I also did pretty well on the food front this past week - not amazing, but not bad. I was out for dinner twice and made healthy choices rather than going for pastas and burgers, so I'm pleased with myself there. Of course, I drank quite a bit of wine along with those healthy options hahaha.

I'm also getting ready for this fitness/nutrition program to start next week that I mentioned in my last post. Plugging through the reading for the program, watching some videos, figuring out a workout schedule and getting some meal planning done. Tomorrow will go grocery shopping and do some meal prep for the week. I also set myself up on MyFitnessPal, so a few of you will have gotten friend requests from me. Please be my friend :blink: LOL. I couldn't figure out how to find the BDW group, though - can someone point me in the right direction? 

Now for the bad news... I weighed myself at the gym today. Haven't weighed myself in months. Not only have I gained weight since the spring, I am now tied for my record heaviest ever.  :(  It's discouraging in a way, but I knew I had gained weight, so it's no big surprise. I'm trying to use it as motivation to really stick to my plan for the next few months (and beyond). 

Thanks for all the support here. You ladies are amazing. I'm so impressed with your workouts, your nutrition efforts and your honesty. Keep up the good work and just get back on that horse if (when!) you fall off.  :D