Support And Accountability Group

Wafflesmom

@@deecol

I'm guessing you ate a lot? Because eating crispers and goldfish is totally ok. Gotta eat what you like or you'll never stick to it.

But I feel your pain. One time I sat down with a bag of rice crackers and said I'd have the 10 the bag says is one portion. Hahah I ate the whole bag. All I can suggest is portion it out and don't eat from the bag. This is my trick!!

But today is a new day and you can't beat yourself up for it anymore !! Move forward and kick butt :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 3

@@calgarybride2015 too many :(  

I didn't eat them all which is good and I shared the goldfish with my girlfriend but still too many.  I love to snack and I love chips, and even though I had my meal all ready, I just caved, because it said "baked" lol.  The goldfish were whole-grain but too many is not a good thing.  And at least they weren't Doritos.  It's okay to treat yourself, but I over-treated lol.  It's eating and driving, you don't feel yourself getting full.  I drive standard, which would make you think I would be less likely to eat...lol

But, you're right!  I've confessed my sins and today is a new day!  Going to eat clean and kill it in the gym!  Thanks for the push :)

• Like 4

@ deecol you've been so good, don't let one slip-up get you down! Like you said, today is a new day and today you'll have great success because you're more determined now. And thank you so much for all the lunch/meal ideas. You've given me a lot to work with :)

@@calgarybride2015 I agree that we can't completely deprive ourselves or it will be unrealistic. But I do have a hard time stopping myself too. I've now started putting snacks in a bowl that's pre-portioned. At least when I'm done, I can't keep eating more like a zombie lol

Ok so check-in time:

- This week wasn't the best for me eating-wise. Because of the power outage (46 hours without electricity) I ate a lot of fast food over the weekend. We managed to save food in our deep freezer but everything in the fridge, including fruits and veggies were thrown out :( I have yet to go grocery shopping but I have been good and bought healthier choices for lunch and dinner. Still not ideal but good given the circumstances.

- So far I have exercised twice (pilates and bootcamp) and am going to a pilates class tonight

- In terms of wedding planning, Derrick and I have picked up our custom wedding bands! Woohoo, one thing to cross off our list. We also got our napkin ring place cards and cake topper in the mail, and one of our bridesmaid's outfit (will post this on my planning thread soon)

Goals for the week:

- Go grocery shopping and start meal prepping for the week. I will plan all our meals for the week to make sure we're making better and healthier choices.

- we're going camping this weekend so I will try to not eat as much junk food as I typically would. It's gonna be hard when marshmallows are roasting!

- Exercise at least 3x and go on more walks with my dog

- For wedding planning, find and buy Derrick's wedding attire/suit and also find and buy my last bridesmaid's dress.

• Like 1

@@Wafflesmom  I am big on moderation for sure, but pre-portioning all your food is a great idea. Especially the ones you love a lot. I measure everything right down to my veggies!!  That said, I have made compromises because somethings aren't realistic to eat a lot of (Doritos being one lol) So I have rice cakes or low cal popcorn, etc.   I have wraps not bread, rice not pasta, etc.     I find for me I have willpower in the store but not at home, so I just don't buy things and I am better off.  

It would be really hard to follow any type of plan when you are without electricity - oh my! I am glad you could save the deep freeze!

Your goals are super realistic and I know you can do it!!

My goal right now is to make it thru the weekend!  Since it's a long weekend and we are without the kids, I have said I can have one 'cheat' meal within reason!

Also told my husband I HAVE to hit the gym Saturday morning so I asked him to join me to ensure I go lol  (we will see how that goes as he has used him gym membership maybe 5x in the last year)

I have some serious DOMS from getting back to the weights on Tuesday morning. The scale isn't budging but that's because of all the water I am retaining repairing my muscles!  If I can keep it up thru the weekend I am pretty sure I will be very happy :)

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 3

@@calgarybride2015 thanks for the encouragement! Those are really good and healthier alternatives. We try to not keep junk in our cupboards too since the temptation is too strong!

I'm glad we saved the deep freezer. We went on our annual fishing trip over the august long weekend and we would have had to throw out 93lbs of salmon! I would have cried!

Your goals are also very realistic and you sound so motivated! I have no doubts you'll get to the gym over the weekend and get back to the weights in no time. The scale can be so deceiving. Between water weight, increase muscle mass and time of the month, our weight can fluctuate so much! Don't let it get you down ;)

• Like 1

@@deecol

You are crushing it girl! Even though you had a little slip up you are still doing good. That is all part of the process. We wouldn't be human if we didn't cheat every now and then. Chips are also my weakness. Its a hard habit to break I find. Right now because my FI is working on a renovation in our house he isn't focused on his healthy eating and working out which is making me struggle a bit too haha. I had to be strong for us both last night. He wanted chips so I wanted chips, I ended up having some coconut greek yogurt instead! Small feats! 

@@Wafflesmom You are already doing so good. I can't imagine going without power for 46 hours! Yikes! But I'm glad to hear that you are going to start meal prepping/planning to help you keep on track with healthy eating. I know that for my FI and I that has worked so good. Just make sure you give yourself some variety in what you eat. I know for us we got bored of our pre-made meals. 

@@calgarybride2015 I'm with you. Strong in the store, weak at home. I also just try not to buy it so that I don't eat it when I get home. Problem for me is that my FI struggles to gain weight (and that's his goal). So he gets a lot of high calorie foods that I can't eat. I really struggle with him having those things in the house or when he makes an awesome dish of pasta, I always want some. 

Well done on the working out! You are doing great! Sore muscles is a great sign! I hope you can make it through the weekend strong!! Keep it up!

• Like 3

@@Wafflesmom @@yycbride2016 @@calgarybride2015 Thank you :) Had a treat, won't let it discourage me. More motivated than ever right now!

You're all doing so great! Thanks for being so supportive!

I'm more motivated then ever too!! Kids welcome back to school BBQ tonight. Even though I was starving I declined and had a small meal at home!

• Like 3

I have been watching this thread since it started and it motivated me to get back on track, so I figured I should finally contribute to it.

A few years ago, I was able to lose 50 pounds with healthy eating and exercise. Fortunately, I have kept it off, but could still stand to lose another 15-20 pounds. When I got engaged in November 2014, I expected to use the 18 months before my wedding to slowly lose the weight. Well, now it is September 2015 and I weigh the same as I did in November. I will lose 5 pounds, then go on a vacation and regain it, then lose it again and repeat with the next vacation. In the past 2 weeks, I have made sure to track my calories daily with My Fitness Pal (longest streak in years) and gone to the gym 3-4 times a week. I am proud to announce that I have already lost 3 pounds! Now, my next vacation is in 3 weeks, so I am going to work harder during it to not regain all the weight I have lost by then.

For this week, my goal is to go to the gym 4 times. On the days I don’t go to the gym, I plan to do a 5 minute ab workout and 10 minute resistance band workout at home. I will continue to track my calories and aim to stay within my recommended calories.

Thank you for starting this thread and keep up all the great work ladies!!

• Like 5

@@cruisebride2016 welcome to the group and congrats on those first 3 lbs! I think your head is in the right place now and you sound very motivated and driven to keep working at your goals. You've got time and support so you can crush this! Good luck with your holiday. It is never easy but with the right choices you can maintain!

I have to confess my weekend was a train-wreak! I did workout both Saturday and Sunday. But my new program left me so sore that I didn't workout on Monday. I will probably have to do a double workout tonight. But the worst part was my eating. I was mostly good on sat and sun but yesterday was BAD! I made my fiancé a celebratory brunch of French toast and bacon for finishing our new fireplace build. That celebration seemed to last all day right to the chips we ate while watching the finale of bachelor in paradise. I'm really ashamed that I had done so good for almost 3 weeks and lost 5lbs, and now I won't step on the scale on fear I ruined my hard work this weekend . Time to step back up to the plate and get back on track with nutrition and exercise. Today is a new day.

• Like 1